The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 22, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #21,873 of 23,560
Put in about 2 hours of listening this morning with the Go Pod and I am very happy with my purchase decision. This is the first time I have ever used a headphone amp therefore I can’t offer any comparisons to other products in the same category.

Setup, fit & comfort - setup was quick and easy. Removing and plugging in the connectors is effortless. The ear loops are very easy to adjust. Once I had them around my ear the feel is very comfortable. I definitely felt the ear loops and the back of the Go Pod pressed against my head the entire time listening, but it was never annoying and felt comfortable.

First listen I paired with my custom V3s. I immediately noticed an improvement in detail retrieval with the Go Pod at both the highs and the lows compared to using the cables with my V3s. Soundstage is on par with using the Eros S cable. Now I only wish I had a pair of CIEMs with the Apex modules. Time to start saving up!

Second listen I paired with my U4s. The only difference I’ve noticed so far is that I can listen at a lower volume with the Go Pod versus using the cable. I did not notice any degradation in the bass, treble or mids going wireless with the God Pods compared to using cable. And did not detect any hiss with both the V3s and the U4s.

I own a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2 TWS and a pair of Beoplay EX. The Beoplay EX had been my wireless buds of choice, until now. Sonically the Go Pods blow them both out of the water in every category. The only thing that the Go Pods lack compared to the other two in terms of function is ANC. And personally I don’t care for ANC and don’t ever use the ANC function with my Sennheisers or Beoplay.

In summary, one very happy customer who now needs a jar to put some money away for a pair of A12t.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #21,874 of 23,560
Put in about 2 hours of listening this morning with the Go Pod and I am very happy with my purchase decision. This is the first time I have ever used a headphone amp therefore I can’t offer any comparisons to other products in the same category.

Setup, fit & comfort - setup was quick and easy. Removing and plugging in the connectors is effortless. The ear loops are very easy to adjust. Once I had them around my ear the feel is very comfortable. I definitely felt the ear loops and the back of the Go Pod pressed against my head the entire time listening, but it was never annoying and felt comfortable.

First listen I paired with my custom V3s. I immediately noticed an improvement in detail retrieval with the Go Pod at both the highs and the lows compared to using the cables with my V3s. Soundstage is on par with using the Eros S cable. Now I only wish I had a pair of CIEMs with the Apex modules. Time to start saving up!

Second listen I paired with my U4s. The only difference I’ve noticed so far is that I can listen at a lower volume with the Go Pod versus using the cable. I did not notice any degradation in the bass, treble or mids going wireless with the God Pods compared to using cable. And did not detect any hiss with both the V3s and the U4s.

I own a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2 TWS and a pair of Beoplay EX. The Beoplay EX had been my wireless buds of choice, until now. Sonically the Go Pods blow them both out of the water in every category. The only thing that the Go Pods lack compared to the other two in terms of function is ANC. And personally I don’t care for ANC and don’t ever use the ANC function with my Sennheisers or Beoplay.

In summary, one very happy customer who now needs a jar to put some money away for a pair of A12t.

Just a suggestion, for a more meaningful analysis of Go Pod you need to compare one specific iem using this tws adapter as a source vs your dap or dac/amp and please be more specific about which dap/dac/amp you are using :)

Regarding Go Pod comparison to your other tws iems, you are not really comparing Go Pod to Senns or Beo, you are comparing U4S and how it sounds driven by Go Pod to either Senns or Beo iems hardwired to their own corresponding tws :wink:

Apr 22, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #21,875 of 23,560
Just a suggestion, for a more meaningful analysis of Go Pod you need to compare one specific iem using this tws adapter as a source vs your dap or dac/amp and please be more specific about which dap/dac/amp you are using :)

Regarding Go Pod comparison to your other tws iems, you are not really comparing Go Pod to Senns or Beo, you are comparing U4S and how it sounds driven by Go Pod to either Senns or Beo iems hardwired to their own corresponding tws :wink:
Thanks for the suggestion! The Go Pod is definitely not apples to apples when comparing to my other wireless buds from a sound perspective. My intention was to provide some thoughts from a purely wireless and functional experience between them, and not an audiophile comparison.

My DAP of choice is the Sony WM1AM2. The Go Pod is the first amp I have ever tried or owned. So I cannot provide an opinion on how it compares to other amps. I can only give an opinion on the difference I notice from using the amp with my iems paired to the DAP vs. plugging in the iems to the DAP via cables. Zero intention of making objective comparisons. Merely trying to share my own user experiences.

Apr 23, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #21,876 of 23,560
A4s is a significant downgrade from A12t imho, especially when it comes to details and resolution. Yes it’s dynamic driver thumps just a little more, but I reckon N8 would be a much better complementary set if you want to stay 64audio.

Me, I’ve just ordered a FiR Xe6 to complement my A12t, as they are tuned completely different while still maintaining some of the same basic tech and DNA.

I’ve heard Legend EVO once or twice and it’s also excellent, but lacking some of the midbass and lower midrange warmth you get from the FiR’s.

No bad choices, just a matter of what else you might prefer.
I got a pair of empire evo, let me know if anyone interested
Just pulled the trigger and got the 18t, I’m working out what apex module I prefer but im definitely enjoying so far. the m15 is my go to so far
How's the 18t? Detailed resolution monster?

Apr 24, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #21,878 of 23,560
After spending couple days with the u4s, i must admit that i love them. This is first time i dont miss my beloved Monarch 2. I dont even look a the box where they rest in peace:) I didnt even have this feeling after spending some time with u12t.
For me they are complex- fantastic bass, clean and inoffensive midrange and great extended, smooth treble. The soundstage is very spacious and coherent, all blends together, nothing falls apart. Even the imaging is almost on par with the Monarch when checking with tracks like "Bubbles" or "Letter" from Yosi Horikawa. They are very close in this department but the u4s have this specific physicality behind the notes that i havent heard from any iem before. They push air almost like full sized open back planars (even more than the Sundaras which sound thinner in comparison).
A great allrounder.
Also the form factor and comfort are top notch.

Apr 25, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #21,880 of 23,560
After spending couple days with the u4s, i must admit that i love them. This is first time i dont miss my beloved Monarch 2. I dont even look a the box where they rest in peace:) I didnt even have this feeling after spending some time with u12t.
For me they are complex- fantastic bass, clean and inoffensive midrange and great extended, smooth treble. The soundstage is very spacious and coherent, all blends together, nothing falls apart. Even the imaging is almost on par with the Monarch when checking with tracks like "Bubbles" or "Letter" from Yosi Horikawa. They are very close in this department but the u4s have this specific physicality behind the notes that i havent heard from any iem before. They push air almost like full sized open back planars (even more than the Sundaras which sound thinner in comparison).
A great allrounder.
Also the form factor and comfort are top notch.
Thats so nice! You got me really excited to try them out. Which module worked best for you?

Apr 25, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #21,882 of 23,560
I have a u4s and I am very intreged... Where can I find a good pure silver cable? I have never been someone that swapped cables
I would first understand what you and the other person are looking for on a Pure Silver cable. We have many different Silver Cables and structure that brings different outcomes.

Cleo 2 for example is a rather warm but detailed and extended cable. compared to ALO Pure Silver cables which is a bright cable.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #21,883 of 23,560
I have a u4s and I am very intreged... Where can I find a good pure silver cable? I have never been someone that swapped cables
Give the Eros S from Effect Audio a try. It’s a hybrid setup of pure silver and pure copper cable. I really enjoy it with the U4s. To my ears the Eros S makes the U4s soundstage come across wider with more transparency compared to the stock cable.

Apr 25, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #21,884 of 23,560
Thats so nice! You got me really excited to try them out. Which module worked best for you?
I started with M15 but now switched to M12. I think these two are the most optimal and sound best. The M15 has more punchy subbass but also makes the lower mids slightly thicker. The M12 still has great amount of bass but the rest becomes slightly more airy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back