The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 15, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #21,797 of 23,568
Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve contacted them asking for the same advice, but did not inquire about loaners. That’s the downside of wanting ciems, no effective way to demo them.
They have universals for even the N8 that they loaned. Not sure if they do that now, but I had loaners from them several years ago.

Apr 16, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #21,798 of 23,568
Guys need some advice.

Im trying to find a fun set that will compliement my Monarch Mk2 and im interested in the u4s but have some questions. Maybe someone could help me.
Something laid back but fun would be great.
Ive had the Symphonium Meteor for a while but sold them due to the too callmed down overall signature but they were very close to my perfect tuning.
The Monarchs 2 were more exciting but even better controlled in the treble area (i found the Meteors very smooth across the spectrum but the last octavs in trebles could get to me in a slightly harsh way). The Monarch Mk2 was also a noticeable step up from the Meteor in technicalities, separation, timbre, vocals and of course DD bass.
Im aming at something close to the Meteor, with laid back tuning but with technicalites on a level of Monarch/u12t (well can be bit lower, dont mind if i loose 2-4% of microdetail).
I loved the u12t but found the Monarch more convincing in vocals, timbre and having deeper subbass rumble. The staging and imaging on the u12t were a treat tho.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 16, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #21,799 of 23,568
They have universals for even the N8 that they loaned. Not sure if they do that now, but I had loaners from them several years ago.
What difference did you notice from the universal loaners vs. their ciems that you purchased? The insertion depth will have an impact on the sound we hear, and my fear is that the universal loaners won’t be an accurate representation of the customs.

Apr 16, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #21,800 of 23,568
What difference did you notice from the universal loaners vs. their ciems that you purchased? The insertion depth will have an impact on the sound we hear, and my fear is that the universal loaners won’t be an accurate representation of the customs.
They were pretty similar. I did not have the loaners and CIEMs at the same time, but the overall sound signature is the same. Bass is a little better in the CIEM.

Apr 16, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #21,803 of 23,568
Guys need some advice.

Im trying to find a fun set that will compliement my Monarch Mk2 and im interested in the u4s but have some questions. Maybe someone could help me.
Something laid back but fun would be great.
Ive had the Symphonium Meteor for a while but sold them due to the too callmed down overall signature but they were very close to my perfect tuning.
The Monarchs 2 were more exciting but even better controlled in the treble area (i found the Meteors very smooth across the spectrum but the last octavs in trebles could get to me in a slightly harsh way). The Monarch Mk2 was also a noticeable step up from the Meteor in technicalities, separation, timbre, vocals and of course DD bass.
Im aming at something close to the Meteor, with laid back tuning but with technicalites on a level of Monarch/u12t (well can be bit lower, dont mind if i loose 2-4% of microdetail).
I loved the u12t but found the Monarch more convincing in vocals, timbre and having deeper subbass rumble. The staging and imaging on the u12t were a treat tho.

Thanks in advance!
Well, you need to define fun, since MM2 is already a hoot with its big subbass and generally clear sound.

Apr 17, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #21,804 of 23,568
my U12t arrived but can’t get a good seal with any of the tips - any recommendations? I use S Final Type E with my Z1R and S stock silicone tips with my monarch mkii

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #21,805 of 23,568
my U12t arrived but can’t get a good seal with any of the tips - any recommendations? I use S Final Type E with my Z1R and S stock silicone tips with my monarch mkii
I have the Trios, which I use with Sedna Earfit Max tips. I also tried the spinfit cp 100+, which I like as well, but the fit can sometimes be finicky because the nozzles move slightly.

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #21,806 of 23,568
Final type E fit fine, but the 64a true fidelity foam tips are actually brilliant and the most comfortable frankly. This is what I use and ordered multiple from 64 audio. They’re much denser and better sonically than Dekoni foam for example

Apr 17, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #21,808 of 23,568
Apr 17, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #21,809 of 23,568
For 64 IEMs I find that the Spinfit W1 work really well for fit and sound signature. Though they are a little spendy and can be hard to find at times.

Apr 17, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #21,810 of 23,568
Thanks everyone. I have a pack of Final Type E tips and the mediums are working well for me for now. I have the Spinfit W1 but they didn’t feel comfortable.

How far do you insert these into your canal? My main IEMs are the Z1R which goes much further inside my ear so I know I’m getting a good seal.
I’m not used to small IEMs tbh. If I shake my head there’s no danger of these falling out but they don’t feel as secure as the Sonys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back