The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 18, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #2,147 of 23,575
I saw this case on Amazon too. It looks nice. I will order one for my A18. I dont like my pelican case.
I dont know why but i never like 64 case. I had 4 iems from them total but never use those cases.
If you have extra, can you ship one over to me? Will pay of course. I'd like one for. My sem9s lol

Dec 18, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #2,148 of 23,575
That one is kinda too big for me lolz.

Nah, it looks bigger in that photo due to perspective.

This one shows you how the cable and IEM fit inside.

Fourte 02.jpg

Dec 18, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #2,149 of 23,575
The Forte is more exciting and that bass is addicting. You’ll see. The fit of the A18t is unreal, though. Universals feel so savage in comparison. :wink:

Do you think you’ll need to upgrade the cable later and did you go balanced or single ended?

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #2,150 of 23,575
For everyday usage and quick storage I like these two. If you search the accessories section on Penon Audio there are more options. I mainly use the 64 case when I travel, but wish 64 Audio offered a second round metal case for quick on the go storage. The current case is an improvement over the old s3 case that other companies use, but I usually want something that doesn’t consume much time winding the cable.

https://penonaudio.com/accessories/for-earphone/xduoo-x-can.html?limit=100

https://penonaudio.com/accessories/for-earphone/earphone-aluminum-box.html?limit=100

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #2,152 of 23,575
Nah, it looks bigger in that photo due to perspective.

This one shows you how the cable and IEM fit inside.

I did exactly the same - that's my everyday carry for my Athenas or U8s when I'm taking them to work. Tend to use a large Westone case (looks like a large Peli) or one of the Empire Aegis cases I have if I need to transport decent iems somewhere I think they will need a bit of extra protection, though. The EA leather case doesn't feel too sturdy to survive a serious knock as it's only leather and hardened cardboard I'm guessing.

Dec 19, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #2,153 of 23,575
I just got the 64 Audio U4's from the fellow head-fi'er and am pretty impressed. I know, just based on my predilection that I will eventually upgrade and I really like 64 Audio and the APEX technology. Are they still making universals below the u12t or will I have to go A series?

Dec 19, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #2,154 of 23,575
I just got the 64 Audio U4's from the fellow head-fi'er and am pretty impressed. I know, just based on my predilection that I will eventually upgrade and I really like 64 Audio and the APEX technology. Are they still making universals below the u12t or will I have to go A series?
check out their b-stock section. They still have a few models there @ good discounts. I had the U8 for a couple years which I guess is somewhat similar to the U4s and I highly recommend the M15 modules w/ them. They just made them shine. As for lower line-up below the U12t, I get the feeling that they are updating the entire line-up soon, because I don't see them missing out on offering products for lower budgets than $2k and up. I can see why they still sell some of their customs though, because I guess they are purchased mainly by musicians (vs audiophiles who generally go for universals for resale value). The smooth warmish house sound that they offer actually works great for musicians.

Dec 19, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #2,155 of 23,575
check out their b-stock section. They still have a few models there @ good discounts. I had the U8 for a couple years which I guess is somewhat similar to the U4s and I highly recommend the M15 modules w/ them. They just made them shine. As for lower line-up below the U12t, I get the feeling that they are updating the entire line-up soon, because I don't see them missing out on offering products for lower budgets than $2k and up. I can see why they still sell some of their customs though, because I guess they are purchased mainly by musicians (vs audiophiles who generally go for universals for resale value). The smooth warmish house sound that they offer actually works great for musicians.

Thanks! I'm not ready to buy just yet as I just got the U4's Hopefully they are updating the U series though.

Dec 19, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #2,159 of 23,575
Which amp tho? Twister has experience on this

I like either amp3 or amp4. Right now, since I have Wm1Z in rotation and use 4.4mm cables, I use amp4. For more dx200 amp comparison, you can check out here.

Dec 20, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #2,160 of 23,575
Anybody know why 64 Audio's shipping is so high? $39 is the cheapest. For a light weight, small IEM box? Maybe I'm spoiled from Amazon Prime 2-day free shipping...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back