The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 28, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #20,191 of 23,560
I used the 64 audio u12t, u18s, tia trio, tia fourte. I currently have the u18s, and I leave a sound impression for them.

The u12t is typically the most neutral. The advantage of u12t is that it is equally good in any genre. This advantage is unique to 64 audio, which is hard to find even on Odin. The u18s inherited this advantage, but it's more fun and performing.

Both tia trio and tia fourte show excellent performance and 64 audio-like exemplary tuning, but they do not have the full advantage of 64 audio in terms of versatility to the genre.

That's why I don't appreciate Trio and Fourte. Because there are many alternatives from other brands. Also, I use the m20 module as a reference for both u12t and u18s. Unlike classical reference sounds, which preferred low-pitched, low-impact sounds, I think today's reference sounds are L-shaped.

For non-m20 modules, especially mx modules, it sounds to me like the IEM is playing less low notes than it actually recorded on a sound source.

May 28, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #20,192 of 23,560
I used the 64 audio u12t, u18s, tia trio, tia fourte. I currently have the u18s, and I leave a sound impression for them.

The u12t is typically the most neutral. The advantage of u12t is that it is equally good in any genre. This advantage is unique to 64 audio, which is hard to find even on Odin. The u18s inherited this advantage, but it's more fun and performing.

Both tia trio and tia fourte show excellent performance and 64 audio-like exemplary tuning, but they do not have the full advantage of 64 audio in terms of versatility to the genre.

That's why I don't appreciate Trio and Fourte. Because there are many alternatives from other brands. Also, I use the m20 module as a reference for both u12t and u18s. Unlike classical reference sounds, which preferred low-pitched, low-impact sounds, I think today's reference sounds are L-shaped.

For non-m20 modules, especially mx modules, it sounds to me like the IEM is playing less low notes than it actually recorded on a sound source.
I own U6T, U12T , U18S and Fourté
The U12T is like the Sennheiser HD600 meaning you can't go wrong
The U18S is a U12T with some additional meat to the bones
The Fourté is as wide as your ears can hear
Plays all the good but definitely all the bad as well in a recording
It's a detail monster
But if the recording is perfect this blows all other of the table
Now that's just my $ 0.02

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #20,193 of 23,560
Speaking of all these models... are there any that might be easier to insert for those with norrower ear canals? As I wrote, I tried the U12T, and for one ear, it was tough. So while I'll try those again, I'm also interested in other models. The Nio seems interesting to me as I like the description of the sound, and the stem seems streamlined. But I'm not sure just based on the pic, and I can't seem to find any data or comparison photo of all of them, stem-wise. Any thoughts welcome. ... Like, here's a photo of the U12t stem, a few pics down https://www.darerefineengine.xyz/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=29240 and here's the Nio: https://headfonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/DSCF4254-1.jpg . To me the Nio looks as if it could be longer, and even narrower, than the U12t...?

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 2:31 AM Post #20,194 of 23,560
Speaking of all these models... are there any that might be easier to insert for those with norrower ear canals? As I wrote, I tried the U12T, and for one ear, it was tough. So while I'll try those again, I'm also interested in other models. The Nio seems interesting to me as I like the description of the sound, and the stem seems streamlined. But I'm not sure just based on the pic, and I can't seem to find any data or comparison photo of all of them, stem-wise. Any thoughts welcome. ... Like, here's a photo of the U12t stem, a few pics down https://www.darerefineengine.xyz/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=29240 and here's the Nio: https://headfonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/DSCF4254-1.jpg . To me the Nio looks as if it could be longer, and even narrower, than the U12t...?
U12T has the narrowest nozzle
The rest is wider
Now if the U12T doesn't work for sure never get UM Mest Mk II, MEXT or ThieAudio Monarch Mk II
Same as EE Odin and Evo, QDC Anole VX, V14 and many others
Those are 50% wider !

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #20,195 of 23,560
U12T has the narrowest nozzle
The rest is wider
Now if the U12T doesn't work for sure never get UM Mest Mk II, MEXT or ThieAudio Monarch Mk II
Those are 50% wider !
Oh really? U12t is the narrowest of the Audio 64 lineup? Narrower than the Nio? Thats too bad if so...

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #20,199 of 23,560
Just kidding
But as far as my knowledge goes the size of a U12T nozzle is pretty average

But wait a sec. You wrote a couple of posts ago that the U12T has the narrowest of all the Audio 64 phones, and the rest are wider. Are you now saying that this is not a fact?

May 28, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #20,200 of 23,560
I own U6T,

I own U6T, U12T , U18S and Fourté
The U12T is like the Sennheiser HD600 meaning you can't go wrong
The U18S is a U12T with some additional meat to the bones
The Fourté is as wide as your ears can hear
Plays all the good but definitely all the bad as well in a recording
It's a detail monster
But if the recording is perfect this blows all other of the table
Now that's just my $ 0.02
Can you tell a bit more about the u18s. I already own a trio and was looking into a u12t to complement it.

May 28, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #20,201 of 23,560
BC2BE201-268D-4673-A117-81B5AE3F8E5E.jpeg
Hybrid brothers :D

May 28, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #20,202 of 23,560
But wait a sec. You wrote a couple of posts ago that the U12T has the narrowest of all the Audio 64 phones, and the rest are wider. Are you now saying that this is not a fact?
It's the narrowest of all 64 Audio
At least visual
But I mean an average width vs other brand / types
IIRC 4.4 mm while others can go to 6mm and more

May 28, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #20,203 of 23,560
It's the narrowest of all 64 Audio
At least visual
But I mean an average width vs other brand / types
IIRC 4.4 mm while others can go to 6mm and more
At least visual meaning, it looks that way but youre not sure? OK.

May 28, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #20,205 of 23,560
If I wasn't on the road I would have measured them already
But shoot 64 Audio an email or call
They should know in detail ...
Thanks. Ya, actually I already checked, closed for the weekend... so if I havent already demoed the other pairs before Monday I plan to do that then. Hope I can make one work these seem like great phones :) Pretty interested in the Nio. My wife actually checked and took pics of my ears today, and indeed the right canal is noticably narrower! Hope this isnt a deal breaker. At least I do love the Etymotics and there are no fit issues at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back