The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 21, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #20,161 of 23,496
I tried Azla Xelastic
40 or 45 minutes and my ears where burning
Each person will vary with respect to what works re tips. I have very large concha with small ear canal and Xelastics work well for me with the U12T and Monarch Mk2 - after a while they become less sticky and conform to the shape of the concha/ear canal. If one is allergic to the material of course that’s a no-go- I find them a good compromise between foams (which when deeply inserted elevate the bass bit kill mid and treble detail) and other less well fitting silicones (which reduce the bass, especially if I can’t get a good seal, which is the case for most of them). Pairing is important too though- I was able to get a good seal with AzlaSednaEarfits (regular type not short or lite or crystal) with Final A4000 when nothing else would work, but can’t use those tips with any other IEM -so far at least.

May 21, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #20,162 of 23,496
I find my U12t very comfortable with the Azla SednaEarfit. They're a bit longer, have quite a large bore, conserve the bass and provide a quite good seal (size M).
The fit is better than my previous Penon Volt. Couple that with the excellent U12t sound and I don't miss the Volt.

I'm stepping back from the hobby for the time being and the U12t it's the only gear I don't feel like parting with :upside_down:

May 21, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #20,163 of 23,496
I find my U12t very comfortable with the Azla SednaEarfit. They're a bit longer, have quite a large bore, conserve the bass and provide a quite good seal (size M).
The fit is better than my previous Penon Volt. Couple that with the excellent U12t sound and I don't miss the Volt.

I'm stepping back from the hobby for the time being and the U12t it's the only gear I don't feel like parting with :upside_down:
Azla here for Duo as well. :)

Great pair of tips

May 22, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #20,164 of 23,496
I’ve been using my new u12t since they arrived yesterday. I really like them. Brilliant all rounders for all the genres I listen to

May 22, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #20,165 of 23,496
Azla here for Duo as well. :)

Great pair of tips
I initially used the Azlas but found them to be irritable for longer sessions. For super long sessions I use Spring Tips, and for shorter ones I use CP100 since they provide a slightly better seal and only a tad bit firmer.

May 26, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #20,167 of 23,496
Do you have Odin too? Personally, no Apex no dice, but then you probably don't have tinnitus like me. Enjoy wherever your journey takes you!
I am curious, does the APEX technology in fact help those with tinnitus to have an easier (less flare ups) listening experience than without it? I've been searching and reading threads here, there were some mixed reviews, but involving very few people and this was several years ago already. Any new thoughts from anyone about this? (I'm considering the U12t). :) Thanks.

May 26, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #20,168 of 23,496
I am curious, does the APEX technology in fact help those with tinnitus to have an easier (less flare ups) listening experience than without it? I've been searching and reading threads here, there were some mixed reviews, but involving very few people and this was several years ago already. Any new thoughts from anyone about this? (I'm considering the U12t). :) Thanks.

I would think this depends on the unique pathology of one's tinnitus, but it's an interesting thought. Personally, I only have very rare episodes of tinnitus and find it has nothing to with the external environment short of gun shot blasts.

May 26, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #20,169 of 23,496
Would be good if someone suitably qualified from @64Audio could give some insight to this.

May 26, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #20,170 of 23,496
Would be good if someone suitably qualified from @64Audio could give some insight to this.

That would be great. Would also be happy to hear from anyone with tinnitus who uses any of the 64 Audio phones that have APEX tech.

May 26, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #20,171 of 23,496
We would definitely recommend you work with your Ear Nose & Throat doctor or your Audiologist to answer some of these medical questions for yourself, we aren't medical professionals and this isn't medical advise by any means. We know from our experience, both with our thousands of customers and internally, that playing audio in a sealed ear canal can exacerbate some hearing system issues that people may have, and the release of that pressure with our patented Apex technology has often helped minimize those effects or made it easier for certain people who've traditionally had those types of problems.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
May 26, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #20,172 of 23,496
I can't comment, my tinnitus is constant. IEMs/ no IEMs, APEX/ no APEX, it's there. Fortunately, music drowns it out.

May 26, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #20,173 of 23,496
Personal experience - yes, in particular those IEMs with a DD like the Fourté and Noir (and to a lesser extent all BAs that don’t move air the same way).

The pressure difference is noticeable, especially with bass, as I feel the ear drum “rumble” less and accordingly it feels like the little muscles that control its movement / response to sounds fatigue less.

I do believe that it’s highly personal and also depends on what triggers your T. As mentioned, for me that’s heavy / hard bass and sub bass rumble. For others it might be sharp treble, for others midbass drone, and so forth.

May 26, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #20,174 of 23,496
Just another evening
But ... enjoying it ... 👌
IMG20220526202851-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back