The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 8, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #17,672 of 23,560
I echo the Noir/Fourte thoughts also. Definitely a worthy trade off. It’s still a little “wonky” but it’s more tolerable.

My brand new fourté isn't wonky and are very coherent in comparison to the older fourté I once had before and noirs are literally 20 DB boosted in bass

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #17,674 of 23,560
Screenshot 2021-06-08 at 22.27.09.png

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #17,675 of 23,560
Is there any confirmation that 64 Audio retuned the newer Fourte? I just demo’ed one with old style logo which is why I ask.

Hard to say I went by memory but haven't yet had an opportunity to do a real direct A/B

To my ears they are different

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #17,677 of 23,560
I don’t think the Fourte has coherency issues, the Trio does for sure. The Trio has unmistakenly DD bass with what is a thinner/airy typical BA driver signature. It sounds a little weird but it just works somehow.

I think the biggest problem on the fourte is the dips and peaks, it creates that super holographic soundstage but does it at the cost of what many would consider a ”normal“ tonality.

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #17,678 of 23,560
I don’t think the Fourte has coherency issues, the Trio does for sure. The Trio has unmistakenly DD bass with what is a thinner/airy typical BA driver signature. It sounds a little weird but it just works somehow.

I think the biggest problem on the fourte is the dips and peaks, it creates that super holographic soundstage but does it at the cost of what many would consider a ”normal“ tonality.
Yea maybe thats what I’m interpreting as coherency issues. Because of the tuning tricks for stage certain parts of tonality is off for me whereas other parts are not.

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #17,679 of 23,560

It works for me 🙂🥰

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #17,680 of 23,560
I got a Trio yesterday so it's early days but I don't think it will eclipse the Fourte for me. But let's see, fun times ahead! :)

What makes the Trio win over the Fourte for you guys?
Trio for me has more 'issues' than Fourte, especially with some female vocals, and that zingy treble on brighter tracks. Fourte is the essence of refinement throughout, even with peaky tracks. I also prefer Fourte's technical superiority throughout the FR. Trio may have more bass and more mids but Fourte's are of audibly higher quality. I get what people say about wonky tonality, but that's quite rare, whereas when Fourte nails something very few IEMs can touch it. Of course, all of this depends on your preferences, music library, source, cable and tips (Fourte is like a super sensitive overachiever and every little thing in the chain makes a big change to the final sound).

I actually love the fact that Fourte is so polarising. If like me you're one of the people it just clicks with, there's so much to love. And I feel quite protective over it somehow, considering how many people don't seem to 'get it'.

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #17,681 of 23,560
Trio for me has more 'issues' than Fourte, especially with some female vocals, and that zingy treble on brighter tracks. Fourte is the essence of refinement throughout, even with peaky tracks. I also prefer Fourte's technical superiority throughout the FR. Trio may have more bass and more mids but Fourte's are of audibly higher quality. I get what people say about wonky tonality, but that's quite rare, whereas when Fourte nails something very few IEMs can touch it. Of course, all of this depends on your preferences, music library, source, cable and tips (Fourte is like a super sensitive overachiever and every little thing in the chain makes a big change to the final sound).

I actually love the fact that Fourte is so polarising. If like me you're one of the people it just clicks with, there's so much to love. And I feel quite protective over it somehow, considering how many people don't seem to 'get it'.
Welcome to me with Odin lol.

Jun 8, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #17,683 of 23,560
Jun 8, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #17,684 of 23,560
I'd love to know what that sounds like. One day...

I'll audition odin one day 🙂 no guarantee it will push even a slight bit my Fourté of the throne 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back