The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 5, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #17,656 of 23,560
My latest piece is out with comparisons of the 64 Audio Nio and Campfire Audio Solaris 2020 paired with Astell & Kern A&norma SR25, Shanling's M6 Pro, Luxury & Precision W1 as well as Apple’s Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter.

@twister6's extraordinary contribution is mentioned and, if I remember correctly, @Rockwell75 believes this to be of particular importance as well.

Cross-posted here.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #17,657 of 23,560
20210608_213122.jpg

Fourte is on the way.

The Trio is my favourite one so far. It's like a mix between the cold neutrality of the U12t and the warmth of the U18t.

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #17,658 of 23,560
20210608_213122.jpg
Fourte is on the way.

The Trio is my favourite one so far. It's like a mix between the cold neutrality of the U12t and the warmth of the U18t.

You probably meant the other way, right? Because U18t is colder, brighter, and with thinner body while U12t is warmer, fuller, and more neutral. Trio is the fun one, with a v-shaped tuning due to more emphasis on bass and treble :)

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #17,665 of 23,560
After spending a good deal of time with the Fourte, it’s close but I prefer the Trio.
Same here 👍
I got a Trio yesterday so it's early days but I don't think it will eclipse the Fourte for me. But let's see, fun times ahead! :)

What makes the Trio win over the Fourte for you guys?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #17,666 of 23,560
I got a Trio yesterday so it's early days but I don't think it will eclipse the Fourte for me. But let's see, fun times ahead! :)

Just works better for my music tastes and the lower treble isn’t as prominent. That’s where I preferred it.

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #17,667 of 23,560

Consistency. Don't like tones on Fourté.

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #17,668 of 23,560

For me it’s the less wonky mid range, larger bass and overall tonality. I‘d say the more prominent vocals as well. Detail isn’t lacking that far behind either.

Out of the Noir and OG Fourte, I’d choose the Noir as well. I feel like the warmth boost makes it sound more coherent or consistent throughout. Smaller stage by a bit but a worthy trade off in my opinion.

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #17,669 of 23,560
What? Trio is a goat lol

My U18t is clearly warmer and with thicker body while my U12t is brighter with thinner body.
Hmmm it should be the other way around heh

When I had trio I remember jumping threw the roof cause I had a treble peak relief cause it feels less peaky vs fourté.
But then trio lost the supreme bass textures retrieval that fourté has. Trio offer quantity but less quality. Fourté seems to have the best sweetest spot there between quality and quantity.

Also vocals are unmatchable by trio vs fourté, just that kicks trio down below fourté rang.

Resolution and nuances are way more elaborated and ultra deep on Fourté. Trio cant do that while trio has an awesome fun signature that can flip you upside down in edm stuff.

Trio treble has a more metallic note finish while fourte is near perfect like an electrostatic driver, but still has a small metallic zing.

Also trio is very warm in comparison to fourté so its limited to with what you can pair it with. Fourté is the ultimate all arounder

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #17,670 of 23,560
For me it’s the less wonky mid range, larger bass and overall tonality. I‘d say the more prominent vocals as well. Detail isn’t lacking that far behind either.

Out of the Noir and OG Fourte, I’d choose the Noir as well. I feel like the warmth boost makes it sound more coherent or consistent throughout. Smaller stage by a bit but a worthy trade off in my opinion.

I echo the Noir/Fourte thoughts also. Definitely a worthy trade off. It’s still a little “wonky” but it’s more tolerable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back