The Next Florida Meet: Tampa, Nov 15th
Oct 10, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #241 of 440
OK Gene...Sorry, I missed a whole page while I was reading this thread and didn't see you mention the source available for me (love that Accuphase) and John mention the 950's. Never had a 950 at a meet and now 2 people have a pair to bring? What are the odds. It's going to snow in NY in July.

...and, BTW...I don't sulk, I get even!
evil_smiley.gif

That Luxman's a real looker. Reminds me of Juan's Burmester.

Oct 10, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #243 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 950s were at canjam

I really liked your 950, man (that was the first and only time I'd heard the 950). I don't remember what was driving it, but I'm guessing it wasn't the originally-came-in-the-box-with-it amp. I mean, it was a very nice headphone that, like the Luxman P-1 amp, has been out for a while, but that I only just discovered for myself as an enigmatic audio gem.

Oct 10, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #245 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by pmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hello -
for your head count info i plan on attending saturday.
thanks

newbe

paul
dunedin, fl 34698

Hey, good news! We're always happy to have new members wander into the madness. Just as a bit of advice, don't try to outdrink Johnny Numbers or Tire Iron. It won't take more than 10 minutes or so to figure out which ones they are. Look for the guys wearing lampshades on their heads.

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #246 of 440
Quote:

My 950s were at canjam

Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really liked your 950, man (that was the first and only time I'd heard the 950). I don't remember what was driving it, but I'm guessing it wasn't the originally-came-in-the-box-with-it amp. I mean, it was a very nice headphone that, like the Luxman P-1 amp, has been out for a while, but that I only just discovered for myself as an enigmatic audio gem.

Quote:

It was on Al's SRM-007T I believe for most of the weekend.

Close, but no ceegar ... your 950s were juiced by my Stax 007Tii at CanJam. You were kind enough to let me use them when I discovered that I had left the Omega 2 II at home (doh!).

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #250 of 440
Looking forward to the hearing the Luxman, Gene. Though I'm trying to not bring much gear, I can certainly bring an extra source since some have asked. Lemme know if needed.

Oct 11, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #252 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....I'll let you share the rca outs from the Accuphase DP-77 if you behave yourself.

Sorry, not possible.
smile.gif

Oct 13, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #253 of 440
Just noticed this meet, and am totally down. Don't have much equipment to contribute, but I'd be more than glad to bring.

[Edit]
Well, I Would bring my few things, but after reading through this entire thread, I fear i may spend more time bowing to all the Other equipment that's making its way to the meet, and then just end up leaving everything that's mine cause, well, it just won't be good enough anymore
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #254 of 440
Quote:

I guess I should have known better than to think DOTU brought gear.

People often think of Gene and me together, and then some of them retch.
evil_smiley.gif

And not only did I bring balanced vintage RS-1s and balanced Equinox PS-1s across the country but I also had my Beta22 shipped direct to CanJam so there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back