The new portable amp Aune B1
May 21, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #91 of 147
There's an official Aune B1 thread here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/768150/aune-b1-impressions-appreciation-thread

Please try to post all impressions and reviews there! Thank you so much for your cooperation.

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #92 of 147
Also a Canadian tour being set up, for any Canucks on the fence who want to try the B1 out. LINK.

Jun 10, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #93 of 147
Photo: Aune B1 with ihifi 800, Dunu Titan 1, Dunu DN-2000, PartsLabs for Aune B1(Cardas 2x21)

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #94 of 147
I just ordered the B1, hope it'll be arrived within a week...Cant wait to try this amp...
Does anyone paired B1 with DX90?Now I only use the DX90 directly to Westone 4r and Grado Sr325is (modded)
I dont think that I will need to switch on the gain cuz my cans are low impedance. but...
Do I need to switch on the Class A to drive my cans properly?

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #95 of 147
  I just ordered the B1, hope it'll be arrived within a week...Cant wait to try this amp...
Does anyone paired B1 with DX90?Now I only use the DX90 directly to Westone 4r and Grado Sr325is (modded)
I dont think that I will need to switch on the gain cuz my cans are low impedance. but...
Do I need to switch on the Class A to drive my cans properly?

I've been using the B1 with the DX90. The B1 will have plenty of juice for both of those without having to touch the Class A switch.

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #96 of 147

I've been using the B1 with the DX90. The B1 will have plenty of juice for both of those without having to touch the Class A switch.

I still not quite understand about the use of the current switch-the Class A switch.
the gain pump up the volume, Class A switch pump up the power, right? if we pump up the power, does it pump up the volume too?
and so, is it just similar between the gain and the class A switch?
sorry for this newbie...

Jun 13, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #97 of 147

I still not quite understand about the use of the current switch-the Class A switch.
the gain pump up the volume, Class A switch pump up the power, right? if we pump up the power, does it pump up the volume too?
and so, is it just similar between the gain and the class A switch?
sorry for this newbie...

The current switch so far has been fairly hit and miss for people on the forums. Some have stated a very slight change in the sound, while others have said they hear absolutely no difference. You can play with it yourself to see what kind of results you get, but neither one of your two headphones really needs extra current to run them regardless.

In terms of gain, I also wouldnt see them needing to use high gain either.

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #102 of 147
  No class A switch, but a high-powered / low-powered switch, both from class A

See that is what I thought too. I just kept seeing it referred to as a "Class A" switch. It even says on the amp, "Class A" + - as if it's an option to turn on and off instead of saying Current -20  or +40 MA makes more sense. Even on their site it was posted "a trendy looking portable amp that comes in at $199, has a gain switch and the ability to turn on its class A amp section" <Turn it on? So - turns if off is how you would then interpret which made no sense. 

I kept reading this over and over again and thought how can you turn on Class A, that verbiage means it then can be turned off!?

Good that it's always a CLASS A and nothing less or again it would not make sense, guess people are not describing it properly.

Thanks for clearing that up. 

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #103 of 147
  No class A switch, but a high-powered / low-powered switch, both from class A

@avitron142, to go back to your question about the M2 DAP (in the comments on my review) being "Class A" and not driving high-powered phones with authority, perhaps it's that the M2 has a lower voltage (not switchable) than the B1?

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #104 of 147

@avitron142, to go back to your question about the M2 DAP (in the comments on my review) being "Class A" and not driving high-powered phones with authority, perhaps it's that the M2 has a lower voltage (not switchable) than the B1?

Perhaps, but from what I remember with my time with the B1, even the low powered option powered my K7XX plenty (better than the M2), if on high gain. Maybe the M2 is low-gain, and low-voltage, but then (I think) that would be a waste of the Class A 
frown.gif
 I was under the impression that the low-gain option was added in for IEM's, but that's limiting the Class A's power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back