The new portable amp Aune B1
Apr 8, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #61 of 147
What dap is that? You put your dap at the bottom face down?

It is iPod video. In this picture, yes. The iPod is face down. I use AK120 or iPod with B1. Both in the same layout. I will put more pictures tonight, when I get home. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #63 of 147
Headfonia's review is out http://www.headfonia.com/aune-b1-vincent/

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #64 of 147

Wouldn't facing down cause scratches on the screen?

Well. If the B1 and a DAP face back to each other, one of them needs to face down, if you put them flat :) I don't worry too much about scratch because I don't move them around. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #65 of 147
Two words..... Rubber bands.

The B1 unfortunately doesn't come with some but it is handy to have some.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #66 of 147
Two words..... Rubber bands.

The B1 unfortunately doesn't come with some but it is handy to have some.

That's right. Due to the rubber bands, the screen doesn't touch the surface even though it faces down :wink: So no worries. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #67 of 147
Headfonia's review is out http://www.headfonia.com/aune-b1-vincent/

Nice review. It addresses my complaints well. Those are the reasons that I am waiting for a next version of B1, even though I like it a lot as it is.  

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #69 of 147
Those auto-destruct and ear-destruct switches sound serious.

(Writer of the headfonia review chiming in)

Honestly, the warning NOT to engage an easily sliding switch whilst the amp is on is poor form. And the gain switch is going to move when you slide the amp in and out of your pocket. Both should be addressed. And the B1 is a GREAT sounding amp. I'd love for gain to drop by 10dB across the board, but realise that probably isn't possible. 6dB may be doable within the B1's circuitry. If that were adjusted and the self-destruct CLASS A switch were moved to a dip switch, or hidden prick-switch, the B1 would easily be my biggest recommendation in its price class. Amazing sound.

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #70 of 147
I use the amplifier more than one month and never turn on the switch current when it is used. However, when I created a thread on another forum, I added a warning in red letters:
Important: The manufacturer prohibits the use of switch-level output current of the amplifier when it is used! Using switch output current level during operation may damage the amplifier and / or harm to health and / or property of the user! Before using switch-level output current, turn off the amplifier!
Added to my review.

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #71 of 147
  I use the amplifier more than one month and never turn on the switch current when it is used. However, when I created a thread on another forum, I added a warning in red letters:
Important: The manufacturer prohibits the use of switch-level output current of the amplifier when it is used! Using switch output current level during operation may damage the amplifier and / or harm to health and / or property of the user! Before using switch-level output current, turn off the amplifier!
Added to my review.

Actually I moved the current switch couple of times just to hear the effect, when the power is ON. I was not aware of the warning :frowning2: It appears that it didn't make any damage so far though. I feel that I am lucky :wink:

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #72 of 147

Actually I moved the current switch couple of times just to hear the effect, when the power is ON. I was not aware of the warning :frowning2: It appears that it didn't make any damage so far though. I feel that I am lucky :wink:

Sorry, I forget it.
Quickest and cheapest option:

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #75 of 147

Hmmm, now I think the problem is "overblown" and "Important: The manufacturer prohibits the use of switch-level output current of the amplifier when it is used! Using switch output current level during operation may damage the amplifier and / or harm to health and / or property of the user! Before using switch-level output current, turn off the amplifier!" wrong.
Correctly write? Aune say: Never flip this button[switch "Class A"] under B1 is working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back