The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Sep 5, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #1,441 of 1,522

Will removing the dust filters open up the sound any?

Also, should the burn-in take place with the new pads on, or does it matter (I know it might be a stupid question, but I wasn't sure if burn-in had any effect on the pads, themselves).

Yes, removing the dust filter AND making the holes larger will allow the headphone to sound more forward and cleaner as well. If you leave the K81 on them like that, they sound too recessed in the midrange for my taste.

You can burn them in with both pads, it doesn't matter.

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #1,444 of 1,522
  The JVC HA-S400 of this topic is the same one sond at bestbuy and wallmart in USA?

Yes, although the Best Buy website price is too high. Best Buy will match the Amazon price when people request a price match. 

Or else you could buy it from B&H. It looks like B&H has the best price, although an order over $49 seems to be necessary for free US shipping?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/929876-REG/jvc_ha_s400_b_ha_s400_on_ear_headband_headphone_black.html

Oct 7, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #1,445 of 1,522
  Yes, although the Best Buy website price is too high. Best Buy will match the Amazon price when people request a price match. 

Or else you could buy it from B&H. It looks like B&H has the best price, although an order over $49 seems to be necessary for free US shipping?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/929876-REG/jvc_ha_s400_b_ha_s400_on_ear_headband_headphone_black.html

How can I request a price match to bestbuy?

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #1,447 of 1,522
Got a small award at work, for basically just doing my job.

I got a list of all kinds of stuff I can get.

Two Headphones to get as a gift are:

JVC HA-S400

Sony MDR-XB250

Based on headphones I already own and like:   Koss KSC75 / AWEI ES10 / Dasetn MC5 /

Thinking that the JVC HA-S400 would have the a clearer overall sound I like.
Though the Sony MDR-XB250 is said to be decent, with a more comfortable fit.

These will be used as my beater headphones.  For riding the train and my walks to work in the morning.

Any Thoughts?

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #1,448 of 1,522
  Got a small award at work, for basically just doing my job.

I got a list of all kinds of stuff I can get.

Two Headphones to get as a gift are:

JVC HA-S400

Sony MDR-XB250

Based on headphones I already own and like:   Koss KSC75 / AWEI ES10 / Dasetn MC5 /

Thinking that the JVC HA-S400 would have the a clearer overall sound I like.
Though the Sony MDR-XB250 is said to be decent, with a more comfortable fit.

These will be used as my beater headphones.  For riding the train and my walks to work in the morning.

Any Thoughts?

tbh The s400s sounded wayyy to cloudy and recessed to me :/ I did burn them in for forever but I didnt see that much an improvement. The s500s doe mmmmm just tasty and nothing but sexiness. The s500s are clearer and just better sounding imo.

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #1,449 of 1,522

tbh The s400s sounded wayyy to cloudy and recessed to me :/ I did burn them in for forever but I didnt see that much an improvement. The s500s doe mmmmm just tasty and nothing but sexiness. The s500s are clearer and just better sounding imo.

Unfortunately the S500 is not on my list at work.  So I am just trying to choose between the JVC HA-S400 and Sony MDR-XB250.

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #1,451 of 1,522
Get the XB250 and if you don't like them, I'll trade you for my JVCs!

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #1,452 of 1,522
My HA-S500 have been great over the last 18 months. Unforunately over the last couple of days I am only getting sound out of one ear =( Had a quick look at the wires and look fine, so might be time to look at a replacement. Is there a new king with similar sound signature in this price range or should I order another S500?

I also own a ATH-M50x so something similar but slightly darker to this would be ideal. 

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #1,453 of 1,522
  My HA-S500 have been great over the last 18 months. Unforunately over the last couple of days I am only getting sound out of one ear =( Had a quick look at the wires and look fine, so might be time to look at a replacement. Is there a new king with similar sound signature in this price range or should I order another S500?

I also own a ATH-M50x so something similar but slightly darker to this would be ideal. 

Look at the JVC HA-S680. Insane value for money

Nov 17, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #1,454 of 1,522

Same thing happened to me XD but now both ears went out. The right one went out first for me :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back