The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
May 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #5,026 of 9,165
Actually, once the SDcards have been formatted to Fat32, I find it faster to load music when the cards are in the player. around 6 meg compared to 4 meg/sec in the card reader on my PC...

Ah thanks for that, I will give it a try and see if its quicker....probably easier than keep taking the card out at the moment as well.

All other issues are now sorted for the time being.

May 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #5,027 of 9,165
Hello Head-Fi'ers.

It is with great regret we write this, but it has come to our attention that a some of our employees have posted on Head-Fi about Astell&Kern products from personal accounts without identifying that they were affiliated with Astell&Kern and/or iriver.

Those accounts from our employees have been deactivated and we want to assure you all that this will not happen again. We at Astell&Kern had NO bias or intended to mislead any member of Head-Fi community. As we value our relationship with one of the largest audio enthusiast commiunities, we would not jeopardize the integrity of this great forum. Once again, we assure you all in the community that these violations will NOT occur again and we will continue to deliver exact and precise facts to every community member in the future.

With regards,

Astell&Kern

May 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #5,028 of 9,165
That is too bad. But give credit to AK for a detailed letter of apology.

Are the posts of the "independent company employees" removed or are this people just unable to post going forward? The letter is not too clear in that respect.

There is alway ls the risk of "fake" reviews on the Internet. It is nice to see a company taking responsibility here. Good luck.

May 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #5,029 of 9,165
that's weird, however what was the issue? I do not mind if employees try to inform due to the lack of official information from the company but definitely they should not peddle AK products and post biased positive reviews. i only hope this excellent level of communication between Astell&Kern and HeadFiers will continue and we will be able to learn about their products and else issues first hand :)

excellent job AK, reminds me of Apple and Steve Jobs, continue like this and you will have more followers by your side.

May 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #5,030 of 9,165
Dear Astell and Kern,

Is JMoonAK still here with us on Headfi?   He was working on getting us an answer regarding when a firmware update for Gapless Playback will be available for the AK100 units (just like the AK120).  

Thank you for your open communications.

Vinnie

May 23, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #5,031 of 9,165
Quote:
Dear Astell and Kern,

Is JMoonAK still here with us on Headfi?   He was working on getting us an answer regarding when a firmware update for Gapless Playback will be available for the AK100 units (just like the AK120).  

Thank you for your open communications.

Vinnie

I was thinking the same thing Vinnie, however J Moon made it very clear he was an IRiver employee, so this issue can't possibly apply to him. Or it certainly shouldn't anyway

May 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #5,032 of 9,165
Ok I am sure I am not alone on this but I have only owned my AK100 for a day and I am ready for throwing it through the window.

the UI is clunky and slow and I am constantly having to rescan my library to get tracks listed!!!! One minute they are on the SD Card.....two hours late I switch it on and they won't register...and this is mainly an issue with FLAC files.

Im sorry people may knock Apple and iTunes but at least their platform is stable and reliable!!!!!!!

May 23, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #5,033 of 9,165
1) How old is your microSD?
2) What firmware are you running?

Quote:
Ok I am sure I am not alone on this but I have only owned my AK100 for a day and I am ready for throwing it through the window.

the UI is clunky and slow and I am constantly having to rescan my library to get tracks listed!!!! One minute they are on the SD Card.....two hours late I switch it on and they won't register...and this is mainly an issue with FLAC files.

Im sorry people may knock Apple and iTunes but at least their platform is stable and reliable!!!!!!!

May 23, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #5,036 of 9,165
I did noticed that on my 1.33 my files got scanned marginally quicker, however at the end I noticed that there was a reason why they recommended 32 GB cards instead of 64 GB microSD. Please note if you are running x2 64 GB card chances are that is the cause of it. Naturally it will take longer for the machine to scan two 64 GB cards than two 32 GB card.

So what I did with mine is just run two 32 GB microsd card and while that meant less file storage I became more selective with my album selection.
Quote:
The Sandisk Micro SDXC cards are brand new........I have just noticed the firmware is 1.32.....would upgrading to 1.33 potentially sort these problems??

May 23, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #5,038 of 9,165
Quote:
I did noticed that on my 1.33 my files got scanned marginally quicker, however at the end I noticed that there was a reason why they recommended 32 GB cards instead of 64 GB microSD. Please note if you are running x2 64 GB card chances are that is the cause of it. Naturally it will take longer for the machine to scan two 64 GB cards than two 32 GB card.

So what I did with mine is just run two 32 GB microsd card and while that meant less file storage I became more selective with my album selection.

Mind didn't have issues with scanning though. It would take a while on the initial scan but after that it was fine. I just turned off auto scan and did it manually when I needed to...

May 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #5,039 of 9,165
Quote:
Mind didn't have issues with scanning though. It would take a while on the initial scan but after that it was fine. I just turned off auto scan and did it manually when I needed to...

Yea the autoscan feature is kind of annoying, I had that one turned off too. I dont use the album feature on the Ak100 as there is a bug which does not display the track on the correct order. 

May 23, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #5,040 of 9,165
Quote:
Yea the autoscan feature is kind of annoying, I had that one turned off too. I dont use the album feature on the Ak100 as there is a bug which does not display the track on the correct order. 

I only used the folder directory to access my music since it is the closest I'd get to playlist support....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back