The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Apr 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #4,381 of 9,165
Quote:
It will be like an orgy.

Plus your exclusive with the Miracles of course
size]

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #4,382 of 9,165
Tried the black one today. Great synergy with my Heir Audio 3.A. Loved the sound, menu seemed a tad laggy, but nothing I can't deal with. My only gripe is that fiddly volume knob. Seems like a manufacturing oversight.

If I didn't have travel commitments I would have immediately picked up the silver or gold set. Unfortunately, it'll have to wait. See you some time in the future AK100 club =(

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #4,384 of 9,165
Hi rudy, I'm interested in the stage 2 mod too...what modifications your friend will be doing to the stock ak100? What improvements? Is it good with TF10? What's the price for doing the modifications? And I'm based in Singapore, so how long do I have to wait to get my ak100 back in Singapore if I send to him for mod?
Thanks

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #4,385 of 9,165
Rudi, looks like your friend will have to quit his day job :)
Hi rudy, I'm interested in the stage 2 mod too...what modifications your friend will be doing to the stock ak100? What improvements? Is it good with TF10? What's the price for doing the modifications? And I'm based in Singapore, so how long do I have to wait to get my ak100 back in Singapore if I send to him for mod?
Thanks

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #4,393 of 9,165
How long do u have to wait for the modification?

Thanks

Rudi, looks like your friend will have to quit his day job :)

Yes it is , because he is as pure audio hobby , has limited time

Huge improvement over the stock ak100?

The mod stage 1 and stage 2 need about 3 days

Mod stage 1 : improvement wider soundstage
Improvement in mid and high frequency

Mod stage 2 : improvement in mid and low frequency
Better bass impact

SQ wise increase about 30 - 50 %

This is my IMO

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #4,394 of 9,165
I was one of the first few people to get the Stage 2 mod here in Indonesia and I can vouch for the increase in SQ. Compared to stock AK100, sound stage is much wider, more three dimensional, high is brighter but not sibilant, seperation is really awesome, the clarity is just incredible. Like Rudi said low is very good, good impact. Listening to Stage 2 modded AK100 is like listening to a completely different player. Definitely the best audio player for me right now. I used to carry a 3 stack rig, consisting of ipod classic, class db and rx3. This little AK now replaces all of them.

I suggest if you want to do this mod to get it done real soon before he disappears and work for iriver, lol.

Apr 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #4,395 of 9,165
Quote:
I see.. U mean 2million rupees? Dollars will be unimaginable for the service fee :x
What's unicorn eyelids? Do u have a photo of it?

My friend, he's joking..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back