The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Apr 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #3,781 of 9,165
Quote:
Congrats, I would love to try the fitear product in near future but I also hate waiting. Even their universal one requires long wait time. It is either a genius advertising or they are really struggling to meet the demand. But the MH335 looks really nice. 

I think FitEar are genuinely struggling to meet demand............

Are these new cases not widely available yet?

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #3,784 of 9,165
I would say the big plus of this new case, is obviously, it covers the screen but what I find more attractive is that it also protects the Volume knob .....and I can leave the knob live without worry too much if I will adjust volume higher accidently when it is my pocket..........

Apr 10, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #3,786 of 9,165
Quote:
I'm finding a lot of people say good (and bad) things about DX100, but except for spkrs I see very few positive reports ON AK100. What do you love about the AK100?

I am mainly making references with the FitEar MH335DW.....have not listened with my other IEMs yet, besides very briefly with the Heir 8A just now... 

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #3,787 of 9,165
I just tried the standard Ak100 with the Miracles and it sounded great: space, clarity, separation, bass punch and dynamics. Only a bit digital and rough in the mids. So the Dx100 is still better, but not by so much, so I can imagine the rwak is even closer. I just tried this pairing though.
I'm finding a lot of people say good (and bad) things about DX100, but except for spkrs I see very few positive reports ON AK100. What do you love about the AK100?

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #3,788 of 9,165
Does it sound better than TP? AK100 has larger output impedance than TP. A bit weird if Miracles sounds better with AK100 than with TP.

I just tried the standard Ak100 with the Miracles and it sounded great: space, clarity, separation, bass punch and dynamics. Only a bit digital and rough in the mids. So the Dx100 is still better, but not by so much, so I can imagine the rwak is even closer. I just tried this pairing though.

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #3,790 of 9,165
Strange, I can load new music onto the AK100, either internally or with a card and it doesn't scan, just boots up and the music is there. Anyone else have this? It used to scan and then it would be ready so I don't know when it is scanning as it boots right up but new music is always there. Strange.

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #3,791 of 9,165
Jama, similar story.

Btw, received my RDB+ v1, no time for long listen but first impression highly positive, pairs nice with RWAK. Trebles can be bit toppish but no offence meant.
Very pleased with their sound, what stroke me was fairly great sound straight out of the box and overall leaning more to neutrality. I was also pleased to realise that my EB50 are closer to RDB in terms of transparency while being more neutral... But RDB knocks them out across the entire range and especially bottom end

When burn them more will post more impression and perhaps will do a small review with Rwak, C3 and amped iTouch :)

So far so great, big thanks to Rhapsodio and their master Charles, big KUDOS :-D

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #3,792 of 9,165
Quote:
Jama, similar story.

Btw, received my RDB+ v1, no time for long listen but first impression highly positive, pairs nice with RWAK. Trebles can be bit toppish but no offence meant.
Very pleased with their sound, what stroke me was fairly great sound straight out of the box and overall leaning more to neutrality. I was also pleased to realise that my EB50 are closer to RDB in terms of transparency while being more neutral... But RDB knocks them out across the entire range and especially bottom end

When burn them more will post more impression and perhaps will do a small review with Rwak, C3 and amped iTouch :)

So far so great, big thanks to Rhapsodio and their master Charles, big KUDOS :-D

Now i really cant wait for mine to arrive hopefully by the end of the week

Quick question why is that mine showing 14.12 GB available internal memory? is this normal?

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #3,793 of 9,165
Mei, i am not sure i get your question right, but my shows everything correctly. Otherwise explain what you mean.

Yes, v1 sounds great with Rwak, i was pleasantly amazed. Will have to find more time for listen and checking. Now wait for my T1 and then i am done with my primary setup. C3 with BH and musical fidelity will serve as backup setup then :)

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #3,795 of 9,165
No, that would be not, check via connecting to PC if some files left that cannot be shown on Dap. do not know otherwise why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back