The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Oct 6, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #61 of 9,165
Not saying that the I river will sound better then dx100, but if have a great sq and half the price of I basso the is well worth it.I cant justify spending 850 USD on a dap those days when at least 3,4 new models will come out in the next few months, all with 24\192 music support.

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #63 of 9,165
Quote:
They have added in the commentary that nothing is confirmed and the price can be between 450$ and 850$. Looks better !

Until this actually lands in the hands of someone who is able to give some credible impressions on the sound quality, its up there with the Fiio DAP - vapourware. Granted, iRiver have a better track record in this market, but they also have a history of dumping products without warning in favor of cheaper mass market gadgets which have been poorly received by most with an interest in good sound from a portable device. 

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #64 of 9,165
Quote:

Until this actually lands in the hands of someone who is able to give some credible impressions on the sound quality, its up there with the Fiio DAP - vapourware. Granted, iRiver have a better track record in this market, but they also have a history of dumping products without warning in favor of cheaper mass market gadgets which have been poorly received by most with an interest in good sound from a portable device. 

So, you'r considering the X3?

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #65 of 9,165
I'm not considering anything - a spanking new Clip+ should land on my doorstep later today and that's it until April, 2014. Hopefully there will be a  DX200 or similar available by then,  
wink.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #67 of 9,165
I'm not considering anything - a spanking new Clip+ should land on my doorstep later today and that's it until April, 2014. Hopefully there will be a  DX200 or similar available by then,  :wink:

funny, ordered a clip+ as well over the weekend. $40 incl delivery and plays flac/rockboxed, and measured low output impedance. Pity no dual cards, but you know .... :D (maybe 128gb microsdhc some day, if pin/elec interface compatible)

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #68 of 9,165
Quote:
funny, ordered a clip+ as well over the weekend. $40 incl delivery and plays flac/rockboxed, and measured low output impedance. Pity no dual cards, but you know ....
biggrin.gif
(maybe 128gb microsdhc some day, if pin/elec interface compatible)

Around a year ago made a suggestion for Sandisk to make players with more than one card slot. So far we haven't seen anything.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Site-suggestions-Product-feature/Players-with-more-than-one-card-slot/td-p/248666

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #69 of 9,165
Around a year ago made a suggestion for Sandisk to make players with more than one card slot. So far we haven't seen anything.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Site-suggestions-Product-feature/Players-with-more-than-one-card-slot/td-p/248666

>Time to make the next Clip 25% thicker, and 25% longer, increasing battery life to 30+ hours, and adding a second card slot.

:popcorn: :D

I like it how smb suggests 4 slots at one point :D

this can go 3 ways for me. 4" phone with 128gb microsdxc one day (provided it has decent sound and total battery life not less than 12h, while not being overly thing (fries with that, thanks). or small player with 2 slots and 2x64gb microsdhc. or larger player as before, but longer battery life but still not sound quality issues like with cowon d2 (high output impedance on d2)

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #74 of 9,165
Quote:
Live website with iRiver AK 100 countdown the release date in Korea at least:
http://www.astellnkern.com/
go iRiver go...

Quote:
Check out the link again - Its updated with a small animation and some more :wink:

There is more info but I cannot get the translator to decipher enough  http://shop.iriver.co.kr/Product/ProductView.aspx?prdtCode=379165#

The questions right away for me are: How much memory two: 124gb memory cards? Is there any internal memory? And what type files will it play?
Is the UI going to be customized or Android or? And when is it available? About $700.......right there with the other high ends.
Anyone got any further info?

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #75 of 9,165
i'm going to make it ALLL mine! oh well this nips in the bud my experimentation with DSP based DIY digital out daps, no time when there is something like that. has it got remote? thats one of my favorite features of the ihp120 that I use to this day with my portable dacs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back