The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Feb 15, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #9,121 of 9,165
I know I'm really late to the game but I've just picked up a (almost) mint used AK100mk2 for stacking duties with a Mojo.

I'd like to know where I could buy a volume knob protector or if anyone has one for sale I'd be really keen to buy it off you (please PM me).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #9,125 of 9,165
Do a google search for the knob protector. I remember getting mine in ebay all those years ago. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #9,126 of 9,165
Thanks, icefalkon... Spent many nights searching and all leads came to dead ends/expired auctions...

I've about given up. So I'm measuring up the volume knob to try rapid prototyping to finalise the design and fitment before I get a metal shop to machine a brass (or 306L steel) one for me.

Thanks you all! And it's good to know AK100's are still going strong! I'm well pleased with this mk2 so far!

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #9,127 of 9,165
If you're using it with an amp, you're maxing out the volume on the AK & using the amp for volume anyway, so the volume knob shouldn't be an issue unless it was mistreated by its former owner. I got mine (MkII) in late 2013 & even by that stage volume knob protectors were hard to come by. Never had problems with the volume knob, it's a lot more sturdy than some people think/it appears at first glance.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #9,128 of 9,165
MistahBungle, thanks for the additional info. The mk2 I bought has been very well cared for by the previous owner and I feel the very slight bit of wiggle is normal from what I've read here in this thread.

I suppose I only wanted one for that additional peace of mind. After all "accidents" can happen...

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #9,130 of 9,165
My last post can be ignored.

I will clarify the problem a little bitmore. I tried transferring files from my Mac and then tried also on my laptop both having the same issue. I even took the SD card out of the device and transferred directly to the SD card. In all these instances the same problem would happen where the new files were just disappear. I fix the problem by resetting the device back to factory settings, then after that all the files I transferred would no longer disappear after restarting the device.

Jun 19, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #9,132 of 9,165
I'm finally joining the AK100 crowd. This is the upgrade from my RWA iMod 5.5G which is paired with a Leckerton UHA 6S.MKII. Definitely impressed with the sound. It's paired with my Westone W40 IEMs.

Later I may try the AK100 with my UHA 6S.MKII.

Oh and when I gif it it had firmware 2.20 I upgraded to 2.42 not what all the firmware updates covered. I'll check it later.

Glad to be here!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back