The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Aug 8, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #8,597 of 9,165
Hey guys I have not been following up but I was wondering if iriver has a firmware that supports the ak100 dac feature over usb 3.0, although I did not notice it when looking at there site. Or if there are any work around solutions, custom drivers, etc? Im using win7 as my os on my pc. I recently got the OOYH program and have renewed my interest in the dac feature for portable use with my laptop. 

Aug 9, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #8,602 of 9,165
Buydig has new AK100's for $399 free shipping to USA - no tax - blowing them out on ebay - Authorized Dealer (they have all other models - unfortunately not as big a savings...)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Astell-Kern-AK100-Mastering-Quality-Sound-MQS-Portable-System-Memory-Bundle-/311038428157?pt=Cassette_Players&hash=item486b55c3fd

oh, and 2 64gb memory cards come with.....

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #8,604 of 9,165
I am thinking about getting a ak100 but cannot find a definitive answer. Does it support embedded cue sheets in single flac files. All of my CDs are ripped into single flac files With their cue sheets embedded. Foobar2000 and Logitech media server can handle this just fine. Not know this is the only thing really stopping me from getting one.

Sean

Try a FLAC splitter, never used one but it popped up on google when I tried to ask the same question you're asking, but for the AK240.

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #8,607 of 9,165
Hi,

I bought the AK 100 since 5 days.

I'm very happy when i use it with my earsonics SM64 but I would use the audio player with my hifi system  :amp Naim 5I, Rega Dac (listinning songs in the dac).

I connected the AK 100 to the Rega Dac with a toslink cable and a Tolslink to 3.5 mm adaptator. The Dac is connected to to the amp with  RCA cable. But I can't listen the music stored on the AK 100.

Where is my error ?

Thank you in advance for youur answer.

Aug 14, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #8,608 of 9,165
Not sure if this has been mentioned before (CBA going back through the thread; read the entire thing before I bought my AK100 & don't fancy doing it again :-D), but if your AK100 fails to boot and charge at any stage & still won't after attempting a reset/etc, remove the external SD cards & then try booting the device. Seems it won't boot at all if one of the cards is bad, removing/checking said bad card solves the no boot problem.

Hope this helps someone who finds themselves in a panic like I did this arvo when my device wouldn't boot & after spending 10 minutes scratching my head resigned to being without the device for a while I removed my main card to use in my Cowon X9 I keep as backup and lo & behold, card was dead when I inserted it in card reader in PC.

Aug 16, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #8,609 of 9,165
  Hi,

I bought the AK 100 since 5 days.

I'm very happy when i use it with my earsonics SM64 but I would use the audio player with my hifi system  :amp Naim 5I, Rega Dac (listinning songs in the dac).

I connected the AK 100 to the Rega Dac with a toslink cable and a Tolslink to 3.5 mm adaptator. The Dac is connected to to the amp with  RCA cable. But I can't listen the music stored on the AK 100.

Where is my error ?

Thank you in advance for youur answer.

The first time i tried optical out with ak100 i used the wrong plug.   The optical out uses the same plug as the headphone out.   The other jack is only optical IN.   Make sure that you are actually using the optical out jack.

Aug 17, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #8,610 of 9,165
Hi, does anyone understand the line out function in the new firmware. It warns that the volume is auto set to maximum (as I would expect) but in reality the volume remains as per manual control with volume wheel active. The screen shows the line out symbol active. Any thoughts? Expect I am just missing something obvious.
Thanks
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back