The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Feb 13, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #7,996 of 9,165
One thing I have noticed with my ak100 is that if my phone is right next to it or very close to the unit and it receives a text there is crackling / distortion right before the text comes in. After the text displays on my cellphone, the crackling / distortion disappears. Before you send it away it might be worth checking to see if that is the issue.

I do notice the crackling sound once a while in some of my tracks. I thought it was a poor recording or due to sensitive IEM or both. Did worry a while if it was my unit. All the times that happen was when my AK100 is in my left pocket while hand phone was in my right pocket. But at that distance there shouldn't be any interference?

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #7,998 of 9,165
  Depends on the device.  I've had amps that pick up cell traffic even a good 4ft away.

Yup.
My cellphone is like 5 feet away from my AK100/amp and since I don't have a strong signal here, I get interference some times..

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #7,999 of 9,165
yes,
this is a common bug with both AK100 and AK120 players. They haven't fixed the firmware :frowning2:

same here, a minor but annoying bug.

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #8,000 of 9,165
I do notice the crackling sound once a while in some of my tracks. I thought it was a poor recording or due to sensitive IEM or both. Did worry a while if it was my unit. All the times that happen was when my AK100 is in my left pocket while hand phone was in my right pocket. But at that distance there shouldn't be any interference?

Hard to say tbh. I have noticed crackling sometimes when the unit is about 1 ft from my phone, so it could be possible. I think the best tell will be if the crackling happens in the exact same song and the exact same spot. If it is, then it's def something w/ the song. Otherwise, you can try receiving texts with your phone close to the unit. If it's your phone it will be really apparent imo.

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #8,001 of 9,165

Hard to say tbh. I have noticed crackling sometimes when the unit is about 1 ft from my phone, so it could be possible. I think the best tell will be if the crackling happens in the exact same song and the exact same spot. If it is, then it's def something w/ the song. Otherwise, you can try receiving texts with your phone close to the unit. If it's your phone it will be really apparent imo.

Also try switching phone completely off. If you still hear crackle there's no way it's the phone.

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #8,003 of 9,165
Can anybody tell me the actual retail value of the ak100 (second hand)
Thanks

That's a really tricky question. Second-hand values are really about what someone will pay for it. I would personally expect to pay $100-200 less than current new retail depending on the age of the device.

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #8,006 of 9,165
Used prices vary due to many variables. The eagerness of the seller to dispose of their unit, the eagerness of the buyer to own one, the countries where the buyer and seller are located, the taxes on purchases in those countries, the currency exchange rates, the condition of the unit, how complete the accessories and packaging. When a new model such as the AK100mk2 gets released, many owners of the previous model wish to upgrade for many reasons, this of course drives down the prices for the older model. When the original AK100 mk1 was released into the Canadian market, it typically sold new for $749.00 Canadian$ - slightly above the US retail of $699.00 USD. Given that the Canadian dollar has fallen about 11% since the beginning of Nov 2013, a new AK100mk1 should sell for a minimum of $799.00 Canadian$ . This fact allows the used market to charge slightly more in Canada as the price for a new unit has risen. At some point the AK100mk1 will not be available new any longer and when dealers have sold out their stock, this also will affect the pricing of a used mk1.
So, to answer the original question, how much is a used AK100mk1 - the answer is: how long is a piece of string?

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #8,007 of 9,165
well, if anybody wants one, here's a link for my sales thread: 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/705889/iriver-ak100-1

beerchug.gif

Feb 18, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #8,008 of 9,165
I have AK100.
I want talk You about bugs in AK100 with firmware 2.4

-Bad displaying of song names with diacritics at main screen. But In the List of songs is it OK !
See pic. The firmware should use the same font...

I have a few wishes to future version of firmware. Does not anybody have contact to developers ?

-On info screen add more infos about the song.
 Display (scroll) full path where is song located.

-Add possibility of DELETE song(s) in device directly. Done.

-Add displaying time in europe 24 hrs format (23:59) without AM PM.

-Make the text with long names scrolling. Now I cannot see full names.

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #8,009 of 9,165
I do support most of Your wishes especially on full display of location and of song names.

On the deletion of individual songs though -  the firmware allows this already.
Just swipe the respective songname to the left and the software will allow you to delete the song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back