The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Dec 5, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #7,651 of 9,165
The shuffle on this DAP is so messed up. Playing songs multiple times in one session, and recently it's started playing songs by Blink 182 twice in a row.. then I also noticed it was shuffling to songs that have the same words in the title. For example, "Stay at Home for the Kids" went to "Stay at Home for the Kids" again (Blink 182 songs keep repeating for some reason), then went to "Stay Stay Stay" then to some other song with the word "stay" in it, can't remember which.

What?! Seriously considering selling this for the DX50. A good shuffle like the iPod is important to me, this isn't good enough.

yep....its a catastrophy .....I contacted iriver, no response. Jmoon who represents I river here in the board told me he'll forward our complaints and see if they are working on it.
But it's so incredibly annoying. ..I hate it every day...

Dec 5, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #7,653 of 9,165
yep....its a catastrophy .....I contacted iriver, no response. Jmoon who represents I river here in the board told me he'll forward our complaints and see if they are working on it.
But it's so incredibly annoying. ..I hate it every day...

I also messaged JMoon, no response.

Post in their facebook page including in their comments. They are more likely to fix it faster when it is made public for all to see and realize

Dec 5, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #7,654 of 9,165
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I also just noticed my 320kbps mp3 files are displayed as 16bit while playing =.=

Dec 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #7,659 of 9,165
The shuffle issue has a sort of "fix", but it's a slight hassle.

I have found (after lots and lots of listening) that the shuffle issue goes away if you manually select a new track to start each listening session - as opposed to turning on the AK and pressing play to pick up where you left off.

My routine that seems to work is this:

• Power on AK100
  • Go to "Songs" menu
  • Choose "All Songs"
  • Tap on any track at random
  • Listen to all different tracks with no repeats for hours at a time

I assume the same would work within artist or album folders too. It seems that something goes wonky with the shuffle after powering down.

As I said, not ideal and I have asked multiple times for this to be fixed (as we all have), but at least the method above lets me enjoy ALL my music, not just the ones the AK gets stuck on.

Dec 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #7,660 of 9,165

I have found (after lots and lots of listening) that the shuffle issue goes away if you manually select a new track to start each listening session - as opposed to turning on the AK and pressing play to pick up where you left off.

1. Power on AK100
  2. Go to "Songs" menu
  3. Choose "All Songs"
  4. Tap on any track at random
  5. Listen to all different tracks with no repeats for hours at a time

I assume the same would work within artist or album folders too. It seems that something goes wonky with the shuffle after powering down.

As I said, not ideal and I have asked multiple times for this to be fixed (as we all have), but at least the method above lets me enjoy ALL my music, not just the ones the AK gets stuck on.

I've started doing this but it's still not ideal. I want to be able to listen right through the week with no repeats, this obviously doesn't fix that. At least it seems to fix the multiple repeats a day thing.

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #7,661 of 9,165

• Power on AK100
  • Go to "Songs" menu
  • Choose "All Songs"
  • Tap on any track at random
  • Listen to all different tracks with no repeats for hours at a time

Thanks Loquah! 

did the same thing, it helps, but it doesn't make it 100% a day neither for me....a few songs, then some old again and again. 

If you're on Facebook maybe it'd help to post some comments over there...

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #7,662 of 9,165
I've started doing this but it's still not ideal. I want to be able to listen right through the week with no repeats, this obviously doesn't fix that. At least it seems to fix the multiple repeats a day thing.

Hi Matt, I never noticed this when I had the AK. I guess because I tend to listen to whole albums or playlists. The latter I did shuffle but still never noticed this.

What I find curious is how you can choose shuffle for the entire song list. I would never do that because of my diverse songlist. I'd end up with a concerto movement in the middle of metal or jazz or country or pop or ballad and so on. That would drive me nuts I'm afraid. But if it suits you guys then it shouldn't be such a hassle.

Careful before you sell though... I've just bought my third! I so like the little thing. :)

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #7,663 of 9,165
Careful before you sell though... I've just bought my third! I so like the little thing.
smily_headphones1.gif

......car, home, office?....
rolleyes.gif

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #7,664 of 9,165
Hi Matt, I never noticed this when I had the AK. I guess because I tend to listen to whole albums or playlists. The latter I did shuffle but still never noticed this.

What I find curious is how you can choose shuffle for the entire song list. I would never do that because of my diverse songlist. I'd end up with a concerto movement in the middle of metal or jazz or country or pop or ballad and so on. That would drive me nuts I'm afraid. But if it suits you guys then it shouldn't be such a hassle.

Careful before you sell though... I've just bought my third! I so like the little thing.
smily_headphones1.gif

I like the mixture of songs I get with the shuffle on the whole song list. Keeps things fresh and stops you getting sick of any one album. Great for the work week
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #7,665 of 9,165
Just one at a time! Sold the two previous ones. In order had a std AK100 traded up to a DX100. Then purchased a 2nd hand RWAK which I sold in a moment of weakness to Matt. Just bought another std one from a member here. Have some IEMs that seem to work with the higher IO. And still have a DX100 for those time portability isn't so important. Probably move the DX50 on now. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back