The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Aug 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #6,841 of 9,165
Quote:
...I tried to search firmware called Listrid 2.0.Many people tell me it's good firmware for AK100

but i can't find link to download this version of firmware.

if anybody have this .Please PM for me. Thanks alot Mate :)))

PS. please teach me about how to install. [size=small][/size][size=small]really appreciate your help :)[/size]

Here's a link for Listrid 2.0: http://dropbox.com/sh/tft1ydwrdbk9dh2/uF3du-7MCR/Listrid%20patch%202

Download it, paste it into the 'AK100' folder - do not put it inside any other folder, re-start your AK. You should get a 'installing new firmware' message.

Note: the AK boot screen will say the version # of the iriver FW in the unit, not the Listrid #.

Aug 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #6,842 of 9,165
I am having a problem with my AK100.  I just got it back from having it modded to the RWAK100-S which made for phenomenal results in sound.  However, I have a problem which I feel is independent of the modification...I tried adding some new downloads from HD Tracks to it and it says the disk is full.  So, I deleted all the media files.  No luck. I can no longer add any files to the DAP.  Even when I drag the files to the trash (OSx - Mac), and the files are deleted, no free space is made available on the internal SSD.  So, I removed all the media files, leaving the system folders on the AK100, but it won't even restart because it says the memory is full. What should I do?  I am afraid to format it, because I am no computer whiz and have no idea how to put back the system files to make the thing run.  Should I update the firmware?  And how do I even do that?  Vinnie sent me the firmware update, so I have the file.  Even putting in micro SD cards with music on them doesn't work because the internal SSD is full and the DAP won't restart.  Any help would be appreciated.  I went from loving the music to having none :frowning2:

Justin

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #6,843 of 9,165
Quote:
I am having a problem with my AK100.  I just got it back from having it modded to the RWAK100-S which made for phenomenal results in sound.  However, I have a problem which I feel is independent of the modification...I tried adding some new downloads from HD Tracks to it and it says the disk is full.  So, I deleted all the media files.  No luck. I can no longer add any files to the DAP.  Even when I drag the files to the trash (OSx - Mac), and the files are deleted, no free space is made available on the internal SSD.  So, I removed all the media files, leaving the system folders on the AK100, but it won't even restart because it says the memory is full. What should I do?  I am afraid to format it, because I am no computer whiz and have no idea how to put back the system files to make the thing run.  Should I update the firmware?  And how do I even do that?  Vinnie sent me the firmware update, so I have the file.  Even putting in micro SD cards with music on them doesn't work because the internal SSD is full and the DAP won't restart.  Any help would be appreciated.  I went from loving the music to having none :frowning2:

Justin

Hmm. That's sad. Contact iriver about it.(Don't tell them you've modded your AK100 unless they ask you about it). If nothing works, ask Vinnie to replace it or fix it.

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #6,844 of 9,165
Well I think I figured it out...it was surely no fault of Vinnie.  He has been so helpful with everything, sending me emails to help and a link to the firmware update through dropbox.  He's good people and did a great job with the mod and communicating with me.

What I did was take all the system files and folders that were stock to the DAP off and put them in a separate folder, then formatted the internal SSD and erased it completely.  I then put back on the "stock" files including the system folder and now I am in the process of putting the media files back on and so far so good.

I don't know why it is doing this, but when I delete a file, the disk space still is taken up even when the files are gone.  It's something for iRiver to deal with and I will contact them.

I love my AK100 and the RWAK100-s even better...I will contact iRiver and try to get it sorted out, but for now I have it working again and blissful music will pump through my LCD-3s again.  Thank GOD.  I was having anxiety there for a while.

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #6,845 of 9,165
Quote:

I don't know why it is doing this, but when I delete a file, the disk space still is taken up even when the files are gone.  It's something for iRiver to deal with and I will contact them.

I believe you must empty your trash while the disk is still mounted and then the header on the drive is erased also.

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #6,846 of 9,165
I ripped about 20 CDs over the weekend and threw everything into the AK100, 60gb on the card and about 20gb in the internal memory. Now it is unable to scan the entire library, about 800-900 songs before it says scan completed. There are about 4000 songs......
confused_face.gif

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #6,847 of 9,165
Not sure if I'm breaking any rules, but I was wondering if anyone in the US with a RWAK100 would be willing to let me borrow theirs for a bit so I can compare against my current iMod stack? I'd be willing to either pay shipping or let you borrow something of mine too. You can look at my trader feedback to see if I can be trusted. If interested, PM me.

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #6,848 of 9,165
Quote:
I have to correct my last sentence. I just converted the ALAC-file to FLAC again using XLD. Now my AK100 displays it as 24/96. I don´t know what I did when converting it before. Sorry for the disturbance. - But why does the AK100 displays the ALAC-file as 16/96?

Hobbyte

My AK100 does the same thing.  24 bit tracks in flac, converted to ALAC by iTunes, show up as 16 bit in the display of the AK100 (Norah Jones album at 24/192 shows 16/192 on the AK100).  When you look at the file in any other program on the computer, it shows as 24 bit.  I converted the tracks to ALAC so that I could continue to use the itunes interface.  Has anyone confirmed that a 24 bit ALAC file is showing on the AK100 as 24/XXX on the player screen?  Thanks.

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #6,849 of 9,165
Quote:
My AK100 does the same thing.  24 bit tracks in flac, converted to ALAC by iTunes, show up as 16 bit in the display of the AK100 (Norah Jones album at 24/192 shows 16/192 on the AK100).  When you look at the file in any other program on the computer, it shows as 24 bit.  I converted the tracks to ALAC so that I could continue to use the itunes interface.  Has anyone confirmed that a 24 bit ALAC file is showing on the AK100 as 24/XXX on the player screen?  Thanks.

I had someone send me a 24 bit ALAC file that plays as 24 bit on my AK.
Let me know if you would like me to send you the file.
I was converting from FLAC to ALAC with MAX and I think this had something to do with the problem.
I think something happens when converting to ALAC that makes it show up as 16 bit on the AK.
I have just been using FLAC now and I don't have any problems. I keep ALACs separately for iTunes. 

BTW, does anyone know how to split a FLAC file on a mac with a cue sheet without converting it? The only programs I know that can split FLACs require you to also convert them....

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #6,850 of 9,165
Quote:
I had someone send me a 24 bit ALAC file that plays as 24 bit on my AK.
Let me know if you would like me to send you the file.
I was converting from FLAC to ALAC with MAX and I think this had something to do with the problem.
I think something happens when converting to ALAC that makes it show up as 16 bit on the AK.
I have just been using FLAC now and I don't have any problems. I keep ALACs separately for iTunes. 

BTW, does anyone know how to split a FLAC file on a mac with a cue sheet without converting it? The only programs I know that can split FLACs require you to also convert them....

Audirvana will play the individual files without splitting them.

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #6,851 of 9,165
Quote:
Audirvana will play the individual files without splitting them.

Does Audirvana allow you to split the file in to individual track files? If so, can you tell me how?
I have some albums where the whole album is one FLAC file and comes with a cue.
I want to split it in to individual files, one for each track, so that I can see the tracks when I put it on my AK.
I have done this before with MAX when converting files to ALAC to put in iTunes.
I realized, however, that I can only split the files if I convert.
I don't want to convert to ALAC as converted 24 bit ALAC plays as 16 bit on the AK and sometimes skips. 

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #6,852 of 9,165
Quote:
Does Audirvana allow you to split the file in to individual track files? If so, can you tell me how?
I have some albums where the whole album is one FLAC file and comes with a cue.
I want to split it in to individual files, one for each track, so that I can see the tracks when I put it on my AK.
I have done this before with MAX when converting files to ALAC to put in iTunes.
I realized, however, that I can only split the files if I convert.
I don't want to convert to ALAC as converted 24 bit ALAC plays as 16 bit on the AK and sometimes skips. 

I think Audirvana does split but I don't know how to use it that way.
The program I use is Bigasoft Audio Converter which will convert to any number of formats including individual FLAC files.

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #6,853 of 9,165
Quote:

Here's a link for Listrid 2.0: http://dropbox.com/sh/tft1ydwrdbk9dh2/uF3du-7MCR/Listrid%20patch%202

Download it, paste it into the 'AK100' folder - do not put it inside any other folder, re-start your AK. You should get a 'installing new firmware' message.

Note: the AK boot screen will say the version # of the iriver FW in the unit, not the Listrid #.

I followed this link and installed to my unit but i have some question to ask.​
 ​
in System information. My software ver. is 1.00 , it's right or wrong?​
 ​

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #6,855 of 9,165
Saraguie´s method also worked on my (stock) AK100. Not only delete the needless files on your AK100 (or SD-card) but also empty the trash will your AK100 (or the SD-Card) is mounted. This makes the space available for new files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back