The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Apr 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #4,576 of 9,165
It seems like the issue was mostly because of sub foldering however the cover art is still a problem. 
I loaded 44 GB on the SD card and left the internal empty. 

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #4,577 of 9,165
Quote:
It seems like the issue was mostly because of sub foldering however the cover art is still a problem
I loaded 44 GB on the SD card and left the internal empty. 

The problem I am having with Cover Art is one of two reasons:-

They don't show for me when they are too low rez.....300 x 300 type or less I think

and 

Ones that are more than 5/10megs in size (I need to actually recheck the size but large ones anyway)..........

That is the conclusion I have drawn for the handful of album arts that does not show on my AK100.

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #4,578 of 9,165
Yes anything larger than 100 KB is a problem. The pixel of up to 500 by 500 seem to work as long as they are less than 100 KB, i still need to check on that. 

I am just glad that browsing is much easier now, I dont know why I thought making so many sub-folder is a wise think to do. 

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #4,579 of 9,165
Quote:
Yes anything larger than 100 KB is a problem. The pixel of up to 500 by 500 seem to work as long as they are less than 100 KB, i still need to check on that. 

I am just glad that browsing is much easier now, I dont know why I thought making so many sub-folder is a wise think to do. 

Not anymore on 1.33 all my art are larger than that....but do make sure they are .jpg files and not .png

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #4,580 of 9,165
Quote:

So how are people finding is the best folder structure. I have stripped it back to \Music\Album\tracks. It doesn't seem any different from \Music\Album Artist\Album\tracks

Should I remove the "Music" folder from the beginning of the path? I guess it's just a default setting from MediaMonkey with no real purpose on a music-only device like the AK100.

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #4,581 of 9,165
Quote:

So how are people finding is the best folder structure. I have stripped it back to \Music\Album\tracks. It doesn't seem any different from \Music\Album Artist\Album\tracks

Should I remove the "Music" folder from the beginning of the path? I guess it's just a default setting from MediaMonkey with no real purpose on a music-only device like the AK100.

For the SDcard just dump the music files in by Artists.......no need for a Music folder, as there is no point ...

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #4,582 of 9,165
can someone confirm that upgrading from 1.30 to 1.33 firmware has impact on sound quality? i saw here one person reporting sound quality issues after the upgrade. is this psychological impact or real?

Apr 30, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #4,584 of 9,165
Loq, thanks

Lee, nice picture :-D

Audionewb, i use 32G cards and internal memory is full and i have no issues. i never cared to swap for 64G card though.

edit:

btw, today compared C3 and RWAK... funny.... i can live with both since their sound signature is entirely different. i guess people liking purely analogue sound will prefer Colorfly ... C4Pro? C3 has midcentric presentation, rich timbres, well focused but has a narrower soundstage and less separation and black space is less black than RWAK. RWAK is spacious and buttery smooth with widest stereo imaging and amazing black space but lacks a bit in attack, dynamics and transients. i can see people preferring RWAK but for me both Colorfly and RWAK are a fun to listen. pity that C4 is mamonth size, otherwise i would be tempted to add one. both RWAK and Colorfly are keepers for me... even a small cheap C3 is a joy and easily bests iPods and Cowons in sonics.

so far i decided against AK Mod2, no point having two ... instead will wait for V-Studio 3rd Ann edition to add to my collection and perhaps Colorfly will want to update C4 in smaller easier and nicer package.

Apr 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #4,585 of 9,165
Quote:

Mine was SD1/genre type(eg,Acoustic)/artist/album/no.track which really delay navigation. Now I decided to just go SD1/Album/nu.track, seem to have fixed the problem. 

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #4,589 of 9,165
Does anyone else unit rearranges the album incorrectly or do you guys use the folder view? I noticed mine does not play most albums in the order it suppose to. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back