The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Feb 28, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #2,866 of 9,165
hey guys just wondering if anyone had issues with sandisk 64gb class 10, im having a hard time getting it to read. Im not sure if there was a solution somewhere mentioned already. 

Feb 28, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #2,867 of 9,165
Quote:
hey guys just wondering if anyone had issues with sandisk 64gb class 10, im having a hard time getting it to read. Im not sure if there was a solution somewhere mentioned already. 

Did you accidentally format it on the PC? If you did (instead of deleting the files on the card) it reverts the filesystem back to exFat which will give you problems. If this is the case you'll need to use an program to format it to FAT32 and it should work. I think it would be best to use a SD card reader to do this (at the safest bet). You do not want to be altering the internal memory on the player itself at all. So if you do have to use the player to do so ensure you format the external memory and not the internal....

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #2,868 of 9,165
iTunes is fantastic. A few years ago it was horrid, but it works wonderfully well nowadays.

Agree about it being horrid in the past, but sorry it still is worthless.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #2,869 of 9,165
Quote:
Did you accidentally format it on the PC? If you did (instead of deleting the files on the card) it reverts the filesystem back to exFat which will give you problems. If this is the case you'll need to use an program to format it to FAT32 and it should work. I think it would be best to use a SD card reader to do this (at the safest bet). You do not want to be altering the internal memory on the player itself at all. So if you do have to use the player to do so ensure you format the external memory and not the internal....

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

OSX can also format this for you natively.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #2,870 of 9,165
Agree about it being horrid in the past, but sorry it still is worthless.

Well, that's an opinion. We're all entitled to have one. I used to despise iTunes,...it's great now. I wish it worked on my other players - no good on Windows 8.

Did you get an opportunity yet to hear the Tera player?

No, I haven't had the opportunity. My work schedule has prevented me from getting the free time I need to meet up with Kenman345. But it's just the way the player works that would keep me from purchasing it. No matter how good the sq is,...

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #2,871 of 9,165
Quote:
Well, that's an opinion. We're all entitled to have one. I used to despise iTunes,...it's great now. I wish it worked on my other players - no good on Windows 8.
No, I haven't had the opportunity. My work schedule has prevented me from getting the free time I need to meet up with Kenman345. But it's just the way the player works that would keep me from purchasing it. No matter how good the sq is,...

We'll see lol :wink:.

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #2,872 of 9,165
email reply from iRiver:

Thank you for contacting Iriver Service Center.
Unfortunaly I have to inform you, that the recent model of AK100 does not support gaplass function.
But the next version of AK100 which will be on the market probably on april has gaplass function.

If you have any further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #2,873 of 9,165
Quote:
email reply from iRiver:

Unfortunaly I have to inform you, that the recent model of AK100 does not support gaplass function.
But the next version of AK100 which will be on the market probably on april has gaplass function.

If you have any further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Well that is real great of them. So are they going to do a buy back? No. They should update the adopters.

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #2,874 of 9,165
Quote:
email reply from iRiver:

I am hoping they are referring to the Firmware, not the actual devices themselves.

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #2,876 of 9,165
email reply from iRiver:

gold ak100!

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #2,878 of 9,165
Quote:
From the sound of it they mean the actual devices themselves. If so what a pity. They leave the older owners holding the bag for such a basic function....

I hope it is for current versions. No excuse not to have it. I have gotten more frustrated with it recently as live music just loses that flow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back