The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Feb 9, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #2,596 of 9,165
What does anyone's AK100 show for the battery? No matter how much I charge mine it shows white in the battery section so I never know how much charge I actually have on the battery. When it is charging the area is orange but as soon as I take the usb charger off, it goes to white and when using for extended times, it still always stays white.

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #2,597 of 9,165
From what I remember as it drains it stills hows white but lesser white on the battery indicator :wink:. The battery life is pretty impressive on it IMO. I remember getting around 20 hours out of it on a single charge FWIW. I'm not sure if anyone else can confirm those times.

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #2,598 of 9,165
Quote:
From what I remember as it drains it stills hows white but lesser white on the battery indicator :wink:. The battery life is pretty impressive on it IMO. I remember getting around 20 hours out of it on a single charge FWIW. I'm not sure if anyone else can confirm those times.

That makes no sense. How can you tell that it is a lesser white? What are they thinking? Why not show, as RockBox does, a percentage if you want or a full battery for partial with the dark area in the battery indicating how much battery charge is left. So white to not as white?

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #2,599 of 9,165
Quote:
That makes no sense. How can you tell that it is a lesser white? What are they thinking? Why not show, as RockBox does, a percentage if you want or a full battery for partial with the dark area in the battery indicating how much battery charge is left. So white to not as white?

No when the battery drains the white disappears in the battery indicator. So it shows up like any battery indicator just it doesn't show percentages. Just shows you drainage as it goes down.

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #2,600 of 9,165
Quote:
No when the battery drains the white disappears in the battery indicator. So it shows up like any battery indicator just it doesn't show percentages. Just shows you drainage as it goes down.

Ok, but mine doesn't do that, it remains white. Today I got distorted sound and realized the battery was about to die and plugged it in to the charger and it came back on. It never showed a dark area that got larger as it drained, if that is what you mean. It is always white. So is it supposed to show a dark area that gets larger as the battery drains? I would think it should start off as all dark or orange when charged and the white area would indicate how much had been used. ?

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #2,602 of 9,165
Quote:
Ok, but mine doesn't do that, it remains white. Today I got distorted sound and realized the battery was about to die and plugged it in to the charger and it came back on. It never showed a dark area that got larger as it drained, if that is what you mean. It is always white. So is it supposed to show a dark area that gets larger as the battery drains? I would think it should start off as all dark or orange when charged and the white area would indicate how much had been used. ?

Yes when it is draining the areas showing drain should be darker or empty. I never had that issue with it not registering drainage and then all of a sudden dieing. Sounds like you have a calibration issue on your hands. What is up with all the lemons as of late? :p

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #2,605 of 9,165
I recently got my rwak100, loaded it with alac & wav. I have since forgotten about my ipod. 

Quote:
Well...my friend told me once u load your ak100 with flac files...you will forget your ipod...that is why i am waiting my ak100+alo international
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #2,606 of 9,165
Nice photos. I have found that the pairing of rwak+ie800 is fantastic.

Quote:

I've received mine, so far pretty happy about it, pair well with alot of my earphones, especially bass heavy ones.
Sound stage not as impressive as the DX100 but pretty impressed with its vocal. It really suites certain genre of music such as pop.
As a whole package, this small DAP has pleased me.
Yeah it might be overpriced but who cares? There's no competition for it, all the good sounding ones are bulky and buggy.

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #2,607 of 9,165
Didn't you also say that you don't like Cowon BBE effects? What do you like then?

I like what I like,...simple as that. And I keep it to myself. I'll let you kids duke it out over testing & such,... And I'm not the only BBE hater btw. :wink:

I'm also quite prone to biases & the placebo effect, so I never claimed immunity to any of these things. But I don't believe in certain other audiophile "myths" or whatnot either. I just keep my opinions to myself. I've too many other things that take priority in my life to dispute/debate/argue over everything.

Now, I've seen some devices & headphones that were claimed to sound & perform amazingly well. I acquired these said items,...I hated them. And the testing said I would luv "em all!!! Other lesser known and supposedly crappier gear was better than expected. And the tests said the gear was flawed in one way or another. Don't ask me to post examples, I won't (I really don't remember). I like tech but I'm personally not wanting to learn how to do testing, such as RMAA. I've no desire,...none.

I'm hear to enjoy the SQ, the company, and sample the wine & cheese.

Feb 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #2,609 of 9,165
My iPod and my O2/ODAC give me that :wink:
As for the Clip+, it just works.

I'm just bouncing back & forth between my Jailbroken iPod touch 4G and my Sony S639 ATM. I actually traded my Cowon X9, and I lost my Cowon D2+. But it's the S639 & touch that get the most play. My iPod classic and other players are just hangin' out, waiting for luv. Even my amp is getting dusty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back