The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Feb 8, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #2,582 of 9,165
Quote:
AK100, what a piece of trash. I hate it. I absolutely hate it. I have never hated something so much in my life. The sound is okay, but not worth the rest of the package, and certainly not worth the price. Overpriced even if it sold for $300. Wow. 

How much you willing to sell it for? 
wink_face.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #2,583 of 9,165
Feb 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #2,585 of 9,165
Quote:
AK100, what a piece of trash. I hate it. I absolutely hate it. I have never hated something so much in my life. The sound is okay, but not worth the rest of the package, and certainly not worth the price. Overpriced even if it sold for $300. Wow. 

It is a trash to you, so sell it to me at $300 (an overpriced value) to make your life better.
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #2,586 of 9,165

Well...my friend told me once u load your ak100 with flac files...you will forget your ipod...that is why i am waiting my ak100+alo international :D

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #2,587 of 9,165
Well...my friend told me once u load your ak100 with flac files...you will forget your ipod...that is why i am waiting my ak100+alo international :D

International works wonders with the AK100 :)

Also I think its sad people condemn this thing without having heard it first...

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #2,588 of 9,165
International works wonders with the AK100 :)

Also I think its sad people condemn this thing without having heard it first...

I agree. Especially since there are 2 different versions, and the RWAK100 corrects the factory flaw of the original. I'd say it's something that's top priority on my list, next to the Tera Player,...

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #2,589 of 9,165
Quote:
I agree. Especially since there are 2 different versions, and the RWAK100 corrects the factory flaw of the original. I'd say it's something that's top priority on my list, next to the Tera Player,...

lmao. I thought you said "never" to the tera player. Having a change of heart now? :p

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #2,590 of 9,165
lmao. I thought you said "never" to the tera player. Having a change of heart now? :p

***Le Sigh***

Yes, I'm interested. I've been offered a chance to audition one. I'm only unable to do it this weekend due to the blizzard in NYC ATM. I guess we all live & learn, as measurements aren't everything.

But, know this, I'm one of the individuals that hates the sq of the fuze & clips. Ruler flat doesn't always equat to excellent sq IMO. And, just so's ya know, I never felt graphs & charts equal the best sound. Ears do matter,... :wink:

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #2,591 of 9,165
Quote:
***Le Sigh***

Yes, I'm interested. I've been offered a chance to audition one. I'm only unable to do it this weekend due to the blizzard in NYC ATM. I guess we all live & learn, as measurements aren't everything.

But, know this, I'm one of the individuals that hates the sq of the fuze & clips. Ruler flat doesn't always equat to excellent sq IMO. And, just so's ya know, I never felt graphs & charts equal the best sound. Ears do matter,...
wink.gif

lol well that makes two of us then. I was under the impression you were in the "world if flat" camp lol :p. I personally don't hate the Fuze though but I know there is much better out there in terms of sound quality. That is including devices that don't measure well as well as those that do (DX100 anyone?). So I'm on both sides of the fence as it can go both ways for me. At the end of the day what matters is if my ears thinks it sounds good :p.

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #2,592 of 9,165
lol well that makes two of us then. I was under the impression you were in the "world if flat" camp lol :p. I personally don't hate the Fuze though but I know there is much better out there in terms of sound quality. That is including devices that don't measure well as well as those that do (DX100 anyone?). So I'm on both sides of the fence as it can go both ways for me. At the end of the day what matters is if my ears thinks it sounds good :p.

Hey, I like to see the RMAA tests just to get an idea of what hp's go best with said players. One mans perfection can often times be one mans headache.

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #2,594 of 9,165
If that was entirely true the Clip would go good with everything lol :wink:.

Well, I guess my hearing sux then. I despise the clip/clip+/clipzip sq. but I truly luv when people debate it over & over in multiple threads. It's what keeps us all on our toes. :p

Feb 9, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #2,595 of 9,165

I've received mine, so far pretty happy about it, pair well with alot of my earphones, especially bass heavy ones.
Sound stage not as impressive as the DX100 but pretty impressed with its vocal. It really suites certain genre of music such as pop.
As a whole package, this small DAP has pleased me.
Yeah it might be overpriced but who cares? There's no competition for it, all the good sounding ones are bulky and buggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back