The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Dec 7, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #3,976 of 4,956
Im borrowing a friends jvc fxt90s its only been a few days and i gotta say it takes the vsonic vsd3s sound and just upgrade it.

Its cleaner, less peaker treble, more extended treble. Midrange more forward.

Havent officially a/bed them but im loving them so far

I actually found the treble more strident on the FXT90, but in terms of detail and overall sound, I agree with you on that. I didn't spend a whole lot of time with them, but if you like the VSD3, I think you'd enjoy the FXT90 as an upgrade. I'd still take the GR07 over both, though. 

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #3,977 of 4,956

I actually found the treble more strident on the FXT90, but in terms of detail and overall sound, I agree with you on that. I didn't spend a whole lot of time with them, but if you like the VSD3, I think you'd enjoy the FXT90 as an upgrade. I'd still take the GR07 over both, though. 

yup i would too but 

he mentioned not wanting a balanced sound (and quoted the VSONIC GR07 "BE" as well) 

so the original gr07/classic is out the window unfortunately

but the gr07 i find is leaner over in the midrange and not as rich and "fluid" sounding i guess. 

the fxt90s also have a much less fussy fit (because its doesn't require an over ear design), the fxt90s have a glove like fit for me. so i'm happy... the vsd3s' cable tends to flop around without the cable guides (which i use all the time)

the gr07 doesn't suffer from the "floppy cable" problem though

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #3,978 of 4,956
Oh, I'm stupid, I didn't realize you were responding to mdio. Based on what he's looking at I'd rec the ATH-IM70. If he wants to get closer to that $350 level, the CKR10. I just didn't bother responding because I don't have much experience with things at the $350 level.

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #3,979 of 4,956
  Oh, I'm stupid, I didn't realize you were responding to mdio. Based on what he's looking at I'd rec the ATH-IM70. If he wants to get closer to that $350 level, the CKR10. I just didn't bother responding because I don't have much experience with things at the $350 level.

same cause once i get up there, i won't have much "wiggle" room to try anything else... otherwise my budget would be even farther out the window =P

but yes maybe one day... maybe $200 range soon, once i sell the ones i have here first.... but which to pick. But i know one thing though in terms of budget iems, the vsonic vsd3s i have here are here to stay! .... at least for now...

just isolates so well, look amazing, i said it way too many times but i have the red/blue version but if i have the purple version i would still keep it. i love the colours it comes with (just need 1 for every colour of the rainbow) =) 

and of course sounds very rich and the a great quantity of bass. more than i want, but nothing that would turn me off. 

and detachable cable ftw! if mines goes out i'm definitely getting one of those 1 button ones as listed earlier. 

but yess the cable quality (the lack of strain relief) is really concerning....i don't know why the "non- detachable ones" haven't fixed this issue... it makes it an even worse investment.  (it avoids the potential cable connector issue, which is fine and all and i totally understand) but if they don't fix the actual cable quality... theres no point getting the non-detachable version.... its just gonna die out... and this time, all of its going in the garbage not just the cable...

IMO! 

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #3,980 of 4,956
same cause once i get up there, i won't have much "wiggle" room to try anything else... otherwise my budget would be even farther out the window =P

but yes maybe one day... maybe $200 range soon, once i sell the ones i have here first.... but which to pick. But i know one thing though in terms of budget iems, the vsonic vsd3s i have here are here to stay! .... at least for now...

just isolates so well, look amazing, i said it way too many times but i have the red/blue version but if i have the purple version i would still keep it. i love the colours it comes with (just need 1 for every colour of the rainbow) =) 

and of course sounds very rich and the a great quantity of bass. more than i want, but nothing that would turn me off. 

and detachable cable ftw! if mines goes out i'm definitely getting one of those 1 button ones as listed earlier. 

but yess the cable quality (the lack of strain relief) is really concerning....i don't know why the "non- detachable ones" haven't fixed this issue... it makes it an even worse investment.  (it avoids the potential cable connector issue, which is fine and all and i totally understand) but if they don't fix the actual cable quality... theres no point getting the non-detachable version.... its just gonna die out... and this time, all of its going in the garbage not just the cable...

IMO! 

The connector portion of my cable was very poorly molded, the seam had pieces of jagged plastic protruding and that jagged edge tore off the outer layer of plastic on my cable while it sat in a bag; very poor quality. Thankfully, LMUE is willing to send me a replacement.

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #3,981 of 4,956
The connector portion of my cable was very poorly molded, the seam had pieces of jagged plastic protruding and that jagged edge tore off the outer layer of plastic on my cable while it sat in a bag; very poor quality. Thankfully, LMUE is willing to send me a replacement.

sorry to hear that but thankfully LMUE has you covered. i'm glad that didn't and hopefully won't happen to me. 

hopefully the vsd5 and the vsd7 won't have the same problem. i'm very satisfied with my gr07be so far. =) 

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #3,983 of 4,956
About FXT90...Yeah that one...I read that joker likes these a lot for the price range. He said he can't get used to these being an under 100 dollar IEM...

Also reading about the new ATH-CKR9 and 10...

About the connector... With some usage it will get somehow loose inside and you'll feel cuts in sound in certain head movements...

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #3,984 of 4,956
I just ordered a vsd3 from mp4nation and am now reading about issues with the detachable cable version , exactly how bad is this issue ?

Has not happened to me yet. I've put mine through quite a bit of abuse.

Dec 11, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #3,989 of 4,956
About FXT90...Yeah that one...I read that joker likes these a lot for the price range. He said he can't get used to these being an under 100 dollar IEM...

Also reading about the new ATH-CKR9 and 10...

About the connector... With some usage it will get somehow loose inside and you'll feel cuts in sound in certain head movements...

yes at their current price (i'm borrowing one from a friend) and i'm seriously thinking of getting a pair myself.... not like i really need anymore but its that good

I am thinking of buying vsd3s. Build quality issue , is it the pin connection or cable ? Would it be safer to buy the non detachable version ?

i think its a combination of both. but it seems like the pin connection for most people. the cable is concerning in its appearance. but i don't really hear anyone saying that the cable "actually" died on them. 

then again i'm not sure what i read yesterday! so take that with a grain of salt. 

*cross fingers* i was one of the first owners of the first batch of the red/blue vsd3s.  lets hope it stays that way. i really like how they sound.for me anyway  if they do die out, i will get a replacement cable. but thats probably it. i wouldn't get an entirely new vsd3s.

i love the design and the isolation and oddly after that the sound (which its very good, and actually right around what i prefer) but if i didn't say this already, vsonic should have fixed that cable.. a long time ago. i'm not asking for the gr07 quality, but just slightly better (and that lack of relief on the straight jack is a joke) i'm sorry. i hoped that they fix this issue on the non-detachable version, but it seems as though they just decided to do away with the pin connector only.....

vsd7 i'm waiting for you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back