The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Dec 11, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #3,992 of 4,956
My detachable ones are still going strong as well, I use them primarily at the gym and the cords have been pulled multiple times.

Can anyone recommend an open full size headphone that has the same signature as the vsd3s (clear, detailed)? Is it the Beyer 880?

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #3,993 of 4,956
So after much thought , I've decided not to take a chance with the vsd3 , gr07 was too much of a disappointing experience to ignore and there are a worrying amount of vsd3 with cable/housing issues . Have a buyer for them and decided to go with a different brand . Thank you all for your help .

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #3,994 of 4,956
So after much thought , I've decided not to take a chance with the vsd3 , gr07 was too much of a disappointing experience to ignore and there are a worrying amount of vsd3 with cable/housing issues . Have a buyer for them and decided to go with a different brand . Thank you all for your help .

You got the GR07 Classic Edition? Why it was a disappointing experience for you?

Dec 13, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #3,996 of 4,956
guys Im considering to buy VSD3S, but which one should I buy? The non detachable version or the detachable version? Both got silver plated cable..
For me build quality issue is very important though, since I want this IEM to last long and Im a pretty clumsy guy.... (although sound quality is also very important factor to me)
Thank you for your answer guys!

Dec 13, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #3,997 of 4,956
guys Im considering to buy VSD3S, but which one should I buy? The non detachable version or the detachable version? Both got silver plated cable..
For me build quality issue is very important though, since I want this IEM to last long and Im a pretty clumsy guy.... (although sound quality is also very important factor to me)
Thank you for your answer guys!

If you want a durable headphone, I wouldn't even consider the VSD3S. The undetachable version might not have connection issues, but it's still the same poor quality cable.

Dec 13, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #3,998 of 4,956
ouch! Is that true?So should I buy ATH IM50? My music preference is classical music, which one do you think is better for classical music?
Do you really think it will be easy for the cable to be broken? Is the durability of VSD3S really really bad? Actually I can sacrifice durability (if it is still tolerable) and try to be very careful in taking care of the IEM if the sound quality is really better than ATH IM50.

Dec 13, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #4,004 of 4,956
  ouch! Is that true?So should I buy ATH IM50? My music preference is classical music, which one do you think is better for classical music?
Do you really think it will be easy for the cable to be broken? Is the durability of VSD3S really really bad? Actually I can sacrifice durability (if it is still tolerable) and try to be very careful in taking care of the IEM if the sound quality is really better than ATH IM50.

IM50 is better build, but I wouldn't use it or the VSD3S for primarily classical. VSD3S has a recessed midrange and IM50 lacks the treble extension. I'd probably second the Havi at that price if Classical is what you're going to listen to the most. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back