The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Dec 13, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #4,006 of 4,956
Since the VSD3s is so disgustingly simblant, everyone should just swap it out for the VSD3. It's as smooth and silky as a worm's bottom. Done! Problem solved. You can thank me anytime. Eyyyy yoooo!

*drops mic and leaves the room*

Or make use of a free eq app

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #4,008 of 4,956
Made custom cable out of brainwavz M4 cable and vsonic connectors... As I know, molded epoxy is a little toxic so I will cover connectors with transparent heatshrink. The result - solid and sturdy construction, grip and connection are excellent!

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #4,014 of 4,956
@DanMar great job!....but you slaughtered M4...
wink.gif

Thanks!
Recabled M4 too with Audio-Technica CKX cable.
Have two sets of VSD3S, so I'll try to replace proprietary socket with standard mmcx socket in future.

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #4,016 of 4,956
Ahhhhh, can't decide on between the VSD3 and the VSD3S and to make the decision even more complicated, I'm not sure whether or not to go with the non-detachable version! 

I currently own the SE215 which, to me, are just alright sound-wise. They can sound a bit congested and the bass can seem a bit overemphasized at times. Which is weird, because I like bass, but the bass in the 215 is hurting the other frequencies. I want some more detail and clarity, and if that is at the expense of some bass, then so be it. A better soundstage and layering would be nice too.

Help! 

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #4,017 of 4,956
  Ahhhhh, can't decide on between the VSD3 and the VSD3S and to make the decision even more complicated, I'm not sure whether or not to go with the non-detachable version!

I currently own the SE215 which, to me, are just alright sound-wise. They can sound a bit congested and the bass can seem a bit overemphasized at times. Which is weird, because I like bass, but the bass in the 215 is hurting the other frequencies. I want some more detail and clarity, and if that is at the expense of some bass, then so be it. A better soundstage and layering would be nice too.

Help!

I have both and prefer the VSD3 over the VSD3s for the fuller SQ and bass. Just my preference though. Never heard the SE215. You may also like the Rock Jaws Aplha Genus

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #4,019 of 4,956
  Do you ever find the soundstage of the VSD3 to be congested? How is the clarity and level of detail? Any sibilance?

To me they are really close to the VSD3s but with more bass. They are very clear and wide soundstage. The VSD3s is a tad brighter so to speak but still great. Everyone hears differently though as it seems that the VSD3s is the one of choice. I also have the Havi B3 Pro 1 and Pro 2 and again while most everyone chooses the Pro 1, I prefer the Pro 2 as it has deeper bass and seems fuller to me.

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #4,020 of 4,956
To me they are really close to the VSD3s but with more bass. They are very clear and wide soundstage. The VSD3s is a tad brighter so to speak but still great. Everyone hears differently though as it seems that the VSD3s is the one of choice. I also have the Havi B3 Pro 1 and Pro 2 and again while most everyone chooses the Pro 1, I prefer the Pro 2 as it has deeper bass and seems fuller to me.

Thanks a lot for your input man. I'm really leaning toward the VSD3 nondetachable version now. Since they're newer, I'm hoping they've worked out the cable issue that some people have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back