The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Nov 17, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #6,316 of 6,859
I recently bought a Hiby R3 Pro and enjoying this little DAP. However, I am having problems installing firmware update 1.4. I have downloaded the firmware on my R3 Pro and selected to install. The R3 Pro reboots but when I checked firmware version it’s still on v1.3. Please advise.
There is a file missing on some r3pros.. This is what HIBY said/recommended:
" If so, this should be the update program that is missing "recovery". Please download the relevant installation file and installation guide from the link to install it manually: https://drive.google.com/.../1l10NVyFRpPUAVhDvPww_l1-RSmC... "

And it did work for me after some trials... Once done, you should be able to OTA update firmware with no problems.

Nov 17, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #6,317 of 6,859
There is a file missing on some r3pros.. This is what HIBY said/recommended:
" If so, this should be the update program that is missing "recovery". Please download the relevant installation file and installation guide from the link to install it manually: https://drive.google.com/.../1l10NVyFRpPUAVhDvPww_l1-RSmC... "

And it did work for me after some trials... Once done, you should be able to OTA update firmware with no problems.

This doesn‘t work. When I plug my Hiby R3Pro into my computer I hear the usb connected sound but nothing happen. When I go into device manager there is an exclamation mark next to the device and I cannot update the driver as it tells me there is a problem updating driver.

Nov 17, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #6,318 of 6,859
Copied from Another user at the HIBY USER GROUP on Facebook, around July 18 of this year.

Look up "how to DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT" in google. I found a simple method to disable until the next boot doing the search. Phil,another Hiby User offered this method that I had difficulty foillowing, But did learn that the "digital signature" problem
Once disabled the process works.

IF it does not, please contact Hiby Customer Service. I am neither a Hiby, nor a computer expert.. just trying to help...

Thanks, this worked for me and I was able to install the 1.4 update on my R3 Pro Saber!
Windows 10 users: Note that the driver does not come with a signature file. Thus, you may have to override the driver signature check within Windows.
More specifically, if you see the error:
"The third party inf does not contain digital signature information"
after Step 6 in the PDF or after you've attempted to install the driver via the .inf file, then you'll have to take the additional steps below.
GUI TO DISABLE DIGITAL SIGNATURE CHECKING:
1. Click START and type RECOVERY OPTIONS (not Recovery Control Panel)
2. Click ADVANCED STARTUP and let it reboot
3. After boot, click on ADVANCED OPTIONS > STARTUP SETTINGS
-- (Note that you may have to enter your 48-digit Recovery Key, depending on your security settings) --
4. Then select DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT from the list
After this, you'll be able to load the driver correctly so that you can install the recovery image, which will allow you to (finally) install the update.

Nov 17, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #6,319 of 6,859
Copied from Another user at the HIBY USER GROUP on Facebook, around July 18 of this year.

Look up "how to DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT" in google. I found a simple method to disable until the next boot doing the search. Phil,another Hiby User offered this method that I had difficulty foillowing, But did learn that the "digital signature" problem
Once disabled the process works.

IF it does not, please contact Hiby Customer Service. I am neither a Hiby, nor a computer expert.. just trying to help...

Thanks, this worked for me and I was able to install the 1.4 update on my R3 Pro Saber!
Windows 10 users: Note that the driver does not come with a signature file. Thus, you may have to override the driver signature check within Windows.
More specifically, if you see the error:
"The third party inf does not contain digital signature information"
after Step 6 in the PDF or after you've attempted to install the driver via the .inf file, then you'll have to take the additional steps below.
GUI TO DISABLE DIGITAL SIGNATURE CHECKING:
1. Click START and type RECOVERY OPTIONS (not Recovery Control Panel)
2. Click ADVANCED STARTUP and let it reboot
3. After boot, click on ADVANCED OPTIONS > STARTUP SETTINGS
-- (Note that you may have to enter your 48-digit Recovery Key, depending on your security settings) --
4. Then select DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT from the list
After this, you'll be able to load the driver correctly so that you can install the recovery image, which will allow you to (finally) install the update.

I worked this out myself on Windows 10 and everything now works and I now have my Hiby R3Pro updated to the latest firmware. Thanks for the link to the recovery file.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #6,320 of 6,859
firmware problem solved.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #6,321 of 6,859
So track-skipping is instant? Even with 23k songs?

Sorry for the delay, I just noticed this message.

I answer "yes and no and Yes."

Yes - if I click next or back, there's no delay.

No - If I scroll to a group and click the artist (to bring up albums by this artist) there can be a slight delay (with screen time opening the sub folder nothing major though)

But Yes - once I click on the song, it immediately plays.

Nov 20, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #6,322 of 6,859
Sorry for the delay, I just noticed this message.

I answer "yes and no and Yes."

Yes - if I click next or back, there's no delay.

No - If I scroll to a group and click the artist (to bring up albums by this artist) there can be a slight delay (with screen time opening the sub folder nothing major though)

But Yes - once I click on the song, it immediately plays.
Interesting. Nice to know, thanks. :)

Nov 21, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #6,323 of 6,859
Does anyone here know of a way to get the custom radio feature to work with Shoutcast internet radio streams, or would that require a change in the HibyOS firmware?

Right now, radio.txt only works with *.mp3 or *.m3u8 links, while most Shoutcast URL's are *.pls (or sometimes *.m3u which also doesn't work)

Dec 13, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #6,324 of 6,859
Does anyone have the R3 Pro SABRE
Im struggling a bit with the sound signature. With 3.5mm the vocals sound as if they are struggling. In fact, to use an analogy...it sounds as if the lows, mids and highs are all struggling a bit to be coherent. It sounds as though there is not quite enough power to push out the audio. Hard to explain

With the 2.5 mm balanced it sometimes sounds like the audio is being badly compressed - you can hear a bit of 'pumping'
Either way, its not what I expect coming from the previous Hiby R3...'should be' of higher quality
The low end is a bit too blousy and dominant as well

I tried to install some earlier f/w to see of they sounded different but the player always says '1.4' so im not sure if that worked

hoping, some good burn in will clam things down
Hopefully others can share their experiences. Apart from [personally] not finding the sound sig to be great OOTB its a great little player over all
I have a 400GB card in it with just under 4,000 songs on it - no problems from that side.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #6,325 of 6,859
Three quick questions, if anyone has time:
1) Does the line out bypass the internal amp?
2) Can I use the dap as a usb-dac from a computer and at the same time use the line out to an external amp?
3) and this is crazy, but I'm curious, can I use the dap as a usb-dac from an android phone and at the same time use the line out to an external amp?
Thanks all!

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #6,326 of 6,859
Hi guys.
I just bought a rp3 pro.
It sound pretty good.
Simply one question :
With dsd files (dsf thanks to sacd extract) i have a little issue i have a little click between the tracks.
Its not 100% gapless.
No issue with other files.
I use dsd native setting.
Is this player read iso sacd ?
Thank you by advance for your help.
Have a nice day.

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #6,329 of 6,859
Can anyone help me with one thing. I can't manage to use R3 as a USB transport for my battery powered DAC/AMP. No matter what usb mode I'm choosing in R3 settings - it doesn't send digital to my DAC/AMP and I have no sound with it, obviously.
I was thinking that it might be an issue with the cable, but the same cable works perfectly with the same DAC/AMP, when I'm using any Android smartphone instead of R3. Really don't understand whats going on here...

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #6,330 of 6,859
Can anyone help me with one thing. I can't manage to use R3 as a USB transport for my battery powered DAC/AMP. No matter what usb mode I'm choosing in R3 settings - it doesn't send digital to my DAC/AMP and I have no sound with it, obviously.
I was thinking that it might be an issue with the cable, but the same cable works perfectly with the same DAC/AMP, when I'm using any Android smartphone instead of R3. Really don't understand whats going on here...
You don't say what battery powered DAC you are using but I use my R3 with the ifi xDSD all the time and it works perfectly, I made a short custom cable for this purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back