The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Feb 12, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #5,150 of 6,859
Guys - lots of SanDisk fake SD cards around! Make sure you buy genuine SanDisk...
I have always been buying from Amazon, sold by Amazon, and never had an issue.

Feb 12, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #5,153 of 6,859
Feb 12, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #5,154 of 6,859
I've also stacked mine with a Mojo and it is uncanny how they are the same height and width dimensions. The only issue is that the Mojo gives off slight interference when a device with cell/wifi is very close to it so if you are streaming Tidal this could be a minor inconvenience.
Can you tell me which model Mojo this is. Would like to look into buying one
thanks
HT

Feb 13, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #5,159 of 6,859
I just started using the R3 a few days ago and I'm having one major problem. The sound is incredibly loud and distorted after every boot and also when it changes to songs of different bitrates. The only fix is to turn the entire EQ down 2 notches, nothing else works. It gets really frustrating when I randomly have to pull it out my pocket to change EQ. If I'm only listening to one album where all files are consistent it's fine, but it's a huge problem when I'm playing on shuffle across albums with different encoding. I haven't read anything about this issue anywhere. On the latest firmware too. How do I fix this?

Feb 13, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #5,160 of 6,859
Well, I've hit the 20,000 song cap on my R3 and now it's become a real pain to use. I have to use the file browser to locate any new music I put on my R3, which would be fine given my music is tagged and organised very well, but the file browser has no quick scroll (A-Z letters down the right hand side). Along with this, I can't shuffle all of my music, only the music that was on the player before I hit the 20,000 song cap.
Yes, I also hit the 20,000 song limit at my device.
I already asked the HiBy support to higher this in the next firmware version - the reaction was, that they will "have a look"...
...but inbetween the next firmware version was out and unfortunately still has that limit.
Maybe more people should ask their support to change this?

Or maybe XVortex could create a patched firmware? He already did this for Shanling M2 firmware - which is also written by HiBy...
(I also asked him how he did it to find a way myself - but it seems he does not answer to personal messages :disappointed_relieved:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back