The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 27, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #2,866 of 6,862
I am in the same boat. At this point Hiby should let us know what the delay is. It is obvious to me nothing has actually been shipped. I can be patient when I am given correct info. When I get excuses and a misinformation runaround, it becomes difficult to be patient. Hiby needs to tell us what is really going on.

Me as well. Tracking # received on 16 Jun is the last and only info I have.

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #2,867 of 6,862
I am in the same boat. At this point Hiby should let us know what the delay is. It is obvious to me nothing has actually been shipped. I can be patient when I am given correct info. When I get excuses and a misinformation runaround, it becomes difficult to be patient. Hiby needs to tell us what is really going on.
I would be very surprised if your unit had not left Hiby. It’s in shipping prison. I had the same experience with the R6. I don’t think anyone is lying to you.

Jun 27, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #2,868 of 6,862
My situation:

over two weeks ago shipping info with number

one week ago returned to shipper

5 days ago email for address confirmation...

and silence - no shipping info, no email or pm response

backer #530, black

Jun 27, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #2,869 of 6,862
I wonder how much of this is hiby's fault? And to what extent? And Yes, some backer situation really sucks (hopefully it's a temporary set back)

Jun 27, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #2,871 of 6,862
Just received my R3. This is with 5~ hours of use.

Off the bat it sounds pretty good. Won't go in depth due to lack of play and new purchase syndrome but it sounds musical and doesn't have any major noticeable flaws.

UI is logical and it is pretty quick for what it is. No major lags and DSD64 files play almost instantly. Perhaps a 300ms delay in album art to load when playing DSD. Flac and MP3 plays and displays artwork instantly.

Hibilink works perfectly. I really love this feature. Connects with my phone over BT. I stream Spotify and tidal with ease. It sounds close to wired; perhaps a little treble energy is lost and smaller soundstage but that's it. There is little latency too; managed to watch YouTube on my phone and the audio syncs well enough for me to not be bothered. Streamed with a pixel 2 XL running Oreo 8.1.

USB DAC works fine on my macbook pro 15 2016. Somehow there's a bit more latency though, sometimes YouTube videos do not sync. Maybe will get patched in future update, maybe not depending if the USB clock can be optimised. Updated to latest F/W 1.09 and USB DAC audio is now mostly in sync.

The screen is wonderful and gets super bright if need be. Great viewing angles and good colour. Resolution is a bit poor but it doesn't need high res.

Touch sensitivity is a little iffy. Perhaps I got huge thumbs but some parts of the ui require multiple touches to get it right. One example is hitting the back button sometimes pulls down the settings shortcut.

Build quality itself is wonderful though the aluminium chassis makes it incredibly light. Kinda feels cheap but it makes it nice and portable. Buttons feels snappy and responsive, though a little shallow.

Charge time is fast, took 1.5hrs to go from 20% to full with a 2A charger.

Battery life so far has been alright. I'm 5 hours in playing throughout and I'm down from 100% to 55%.

That's my large shallow first take on the hiby r3. I'm glad I got it, and will make comparisons further on.

(p.s. Used Lyra II and Encores)

Jun 27, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #2,872 of 6,862
Now my packet is stuck with customs as Hiby declared different values in the paperwork. How brilliant!!

Jun 27, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #2,874 of 6,862
This is turned into what we call in the States a cluster****. So close yet so far :frowning2: hopefully super you will have your R3 soooooooon.
Thanks mate..
Now i seriously doubt the competence of people on the shipping team. discrepancy in value is a red flag.

Jun 27, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #2,875 of 6,862
This has turned into what we call in the States a cluster****. So close yet so far :frowning2: hopefully super you will have your R3 soooooooon.

No, actually The ‘CLUSTER Fv€K.!. started when they sent out the shipping info color, cable, & case questionaire!

As we the collective Backers sentbthe info in @ some point either before during or after that was done it seems fairly safe to see things starting to go off the rails vis-à-vis the forthright transparent communication or more to the point lack there of about the progress that was proffered as taking place when inactuality it seems not to have been the case.
And if someone, anyone was to try & replicate this from scratch with no knowledge or experience of doing this kind of assemblage of component product for shipping, prepping the shipping & then shipping as Hiby has done it’s highly in likely a total inexperienced novice would be able to completely come up with a more ‘Helter Skelter’ [ apologies to The Beatles for pressing a classic into service for the purposes of illustration here ]screwed up effort up to this point if they had intentionally tried to do so.!.

If it wasn’t such an classic embarrassing case of incompetence it would be laughable if it didn’t affect so many people in so many ways that they are now recounting here & esp on KS.

The product maybe [hopefully] an excellent diversion for all when we finally get them to use & enjoy butbthe journey for many if not most now seem like a exercise in frustration & driving manybif not most to take up serious dr!nking & dr¥g use [jk].!.

Ymmv!
... but the more comments that are posted here & exp KS by extremely frustrated & disappointed backers only underscores how poorly Hiby has gone about exacerbating the situation that they created or had a large part in doing after the dominos started to fall.!.

So...

Crack Open The Kegs Of :beer:& Get At It.!:robot:

:)‘Twilight Zone’ ...Thx To Golden Earring.!

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #2,876 of 6,862
No, actually The ‘CLUSTER Fv€K.!. started when they sent out the shipping info color, cable, & case questionaire!

As we the collective Backers sentbthe info in @ some point either before during or after that was done it seems fairly safe to see things starting to go off the rails vis-à-vis the forthright transparent communication or more to the point lack there of about the progress that was proffered as taking place when inactuality it seems not to have been the case.
And if someone, anyone was to try & replicate this from scratch with no knowledge or experience of doing this kind of assemblage of component product for shipping, prepping the shipping & then shipping as Hiby has done it’s highly in likely a total inexperienced novice would be able to completely come up with a more ‘Helter Skelter’ [ apologies to The Beatles for pressing a classic into service for the purposes of illustration here ]screwed up effort up to this point if they had intentionally tried to do so.!.

If it wasn’t such an classic embarrassing case of incompetence it would be laughable if it didn’t affect so many people in so many ways that they are now recounting here & esp on KS.

The product maybe [hopefully] an excellent diversion for all when we finally get them to use & enjoy butbthe journey for many if not most now seem like a exercise in frustration & driving manybif not most to take up serious dr!nking & dr¥g use [jk].!.

Ymmv!
... but the more comments that are posted here & exp KS by extremely frustrated & disappointed backers only underscores how poorly Hiby has gone about exacerbating the situation that they created or had a large part in doing after the dominos started to fall.!.

So...

:)‘Twilight Zone’ ...Thx To Golden Earring.!

I might have said this before, but it’s like the shipping manager ie clown took all the backer numbers and put them into one of those spinning cage things they use for raffle tickets. Today’s lucky #s to ship are 666, 3.14159, 357 and Ralph. Ok boys that’s enough for today.......

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #2,877 of 6,862
This has turned into what we call in the States a cluster****. So close yet so far :frowning2: hopefully super you will have your R3 soooooooon.

Ymmv, but the more comments that are posted here & exp KS by extremely frustrated & disappointed backers only underscores how poorly Hiby has gone about exacerbating the situation that they created or had a large part in doing after the dominos started to fall.!.

So...

‘Mad Love’s Coming’ Thx To Golden Earring.!
I might have said this before, but it’s like the shipping manager ie clown took all the backer numbers and put them into one of those spinning cage things they use for raffle tickets. Today’s lucky #s to ship are 666, 3.14159, 357 and Ralph. Ok boys that’s enough for today.......

Yes, unfortunately as crazy as that unlikely scenario is I tend to agree with you as it offers up some possible instant procedure breakdown.

The entire drawn out fiasco just begs for conspiracy theories:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: one as valid as the next, but as far as it’s all transpired till this point unchecked someone or more than one at some point had a hand in royally botching it all up.!

So we who have not wait while those that have enjoy & say hey what’s all the noise about, quit complaining...
‘What me complain’?:upside_down:
It’ll get here eventually, right...

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #2,878 of 6,862

Can’t remember what :) you said you’re using now or when you get your R3:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Sorry, were up the creek in the same :canoe: without a ...

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #2,879 of 6,862
The real sad thing is that the unit itself despite not having offline tidal and LDAC and MQA is a wonderful little unit. But..... and this is a BIG butt, hiby with the lack of transparency and horrible communication to the backers has really screwed the pooch on the customer service end. Yes you can blame the shipping company, but in the end You the company have to take the fallout.

I know I know it’s Kickstarter, but when someone says all black units are shipped and up to # whatever in grey have shipped. Well then you read backer #17 hasn’t got any info still!!!!! And me #1280 got thiers weeks ago well you know that’s just going off the rails on a ‘Crazy Train’

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #2,880 of 6,862
Can’t remember what :) you said you’re using now or when you get your R3:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Sorry, were up the creek in the same :canoe: without a ...

Oh I got mine weeks ago fridge, I have no earthly idea how I got mine before so many other people. I almost felt bad giving first impressions because so many others haven’t got jack crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back