The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 17, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #2,402 of 6,859
Number 71 i guess, i will recieve it this monday, it is Black one..

Overall i am happy with them.... will buy the R9 as well:) there are far worst stories around.... Chord,Naim... they delivered with minimum 6 months delay on pre orders... faaaaar expensive gadgets and not kickstarter Projects but official lunches...preorders paid in full by 1000s...

So lets cut some slack in our treatment, are we being more forgiving towards european brands who **** up big time vs asian ones?

Jun 17, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #2,403 of 6,859
The email from HiByMusic this morning advised to subscribe to the Facebook page for advice on firmware updates.

@fanoble @Joe Bloggs for those of us who don’t use that platform, can you please commit to posting messages to this thread to notify of firmware updates going forward?

Many thanks
Id like to know the same as i dont use facebook either.

Jun 17, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #2,404 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs:

Absolutely agree!!!

That’s an insane option!

I don’t use FB & especially in light of all of ongoing continued problems of FB cavalier attitude with their userbase’s security & privacy I have absolutely no desire to start anytime soon just to get firmware updates for funding your R3!

You need to be able to send fw updates to your backers without forcing them no alternative than to use the insidious FB black hole.

Thx but no thx, think of your backers/customers since FB doesn’t!

Jun 17, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #2,407 of 6,859
Well I just received my R3. I opted to have it delivered to a service station that DHL uses as a local pickup point last night (Saturday here in Australia) and got a text message this morning (Sunday) saying it was ready for pickup. Very happy to finally have it - it's a beautiful device with a great screen. Haven't listened to it yet though as I'm still transferring all of my music to my SD card.

Jun 17, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #2,408 of 6,859
Well I just received my R3. I opted to have it delivered to a service station that DHL uses as a local pickup point last night (Saturday here in Australia) and got a text message this morning (Sunday) saying it was ready for pickup. Very happy to finally have it - it's a beautiful device with a great screen. Haven't listened to it yet though as I'm still transferring all of my music to my SD card.

Haha I'm still waiting for mine to get sent to a automatic locker collection point >< Great you got yours so soon :)

Jun 17, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #2,409 of 6,859
That’s clever. It didn’t occur to me as the access point I’ve previously used doesn’t get deliveries on the weekend. Enjoy.

Jun 17, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #2,410 of 6,859
Some received the shipping info and some not this is really confusing. I would appreciate if any Hiby staff could inform me if my unit is shipped or not. Thanks. Backer #576 grey with leather.

Jun 17, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #2,411 of 6,859
Some received the shipping info and some not this is really confusing. I would appreciate if any Hiby staff could inform me if my unit is shipped or not. Thanks. Backer #576 grey with leather.

Not all grey units are out, with more to come after the public holiday on Mon in China. Drop Hiby a PM on Tuesday maybe?

Jun 17, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #2,414 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs:

Absolutely agree!!!

That’s an insane option!

I don’t use FB & especially in light of all of ongoing continued problems of FB cavalier attitude with their userbase’s security & privacy I have absolutely no desire to start anytime soon just to get firmware updates for funding your R3!

You need to be able to send fw updates to your backers without forcing them no alternative than to use the insidious FB black hole.

Thx but no thx, think of your backers/customers since FB doesn’t!

Yes please have another option for firmware updates as I will never be on face book! You see my amazing looking face would just bum most people out and make them green with envy. And crush their self confidence.

Some folks got it, some folks don’t , some so uuuugly they never won’t!

Jun 17, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #2,415 of 6,859
Yes please have another option for firmware updates as I will never be on face book! You see my amazing looking face would just bum most people out and make them green with envy. And crush their self confidence.

Some folks got it, some folks don’t , some so uuuugly they never won’t!
By a open box video I saw. It's has over the air updates

Users who are viewing this thread

Back