The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 5, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #1,939 of 6,859
Same here, I could even omit that case and buy one on ebay later.

Jun 5, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #1,940 of 6,859
Ditto. I don't want the leather case enough to wait at least a month for it, maybe longer. This is disappointing...how hard is it to make a leather case? Apparently harder than I thought. But this is poor planning on HiBy's part, that they wouldn't have known this until now. I get that they probably waited until the last minute (or longer) to see if they could get things right, and realized it wasn't going to happen. If they want to look at how a leather case is done right, they should check out the Fiio ones...they are amazing.

First we had to wait on bags that most/all of us didn't want, now the leather case. The right thing to do would be to either send it later when it's "right," or let us cancel that part. Unfortunately, I'm not sure either one of those things will happen. I really hope we don't have any surprises in store.....has anyone seen the plastic case yet? :triportsad:

Jun 5, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #1,941 of 6,859
yes, what should have been done is ship the players first then the leather cases. It is not like its that expensive shipping from china. Second option, offer refund for those that no longer want the case, so they can get it later.

Jun 5, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #1,942 of 6,859
I guess I'm going to hold out a little longer and get the case.
It's really not been that long on the trip considering others on Kickstarter dont even fruit.
I've been stung a few times and still waiting for one thats taken over a year and still not completed.

Jun 5, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #1,943 of 6,859
I want the leather case, but I ordered a grey r3 as well and I’m backer #1049 so I guess I’m stuffed all ends up! Why they can’t ship the leather case later is, i suppose a cost issue?
But this sure puts me off crowd-funding altogether.

Jun 5, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #1,944 of 6,859
I want the leather case, but I ordered a grey r3 as well and I’m backer #1049 so I guess I’m stuffed all ends up! Why they can’t ship the leather case later is, i suppose a cost issue?
But this sure puts me off crowd-funding altogether.

Yeah I have the grey and brown case.
Around the #900 mark so in the same boat.
Well it's about a month and life flows so quick it will be here an a blink,
Blinking month more like. yaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhh :tired_face:

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #1,947 of 6,859
just commented on the kickstarter page

upload_2018-6-5_19-49-9.png

Hoping that they send it afterwards

I don't know about the other cases.. .but if they are sending the others = we'll have the clear / white case... so... it's just a "case" .... I rather like to receive this now and later receive "a leather case" than wait more months :frowning2: plus Customs awaits...... it's going to be a looooong journey for me...

Jun 5, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #1,948 of 6,859
delaying a month for leather case is not right, they could have shipped the dap now..
This make super early backer wait just because the chose leather case .. shipping + custom will easily take july end

Jun 5, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #1,949 of 6,859
just commented on the kickstarter page

Hoping that they send it afterwards

I don't know about the other cases.. .but if they are sending the others = we'll have the clear / white case... so... it's just a "case" .... I rather like to receive this now and later receive "a leather case" than wait more months :frowning2: plus Customs awaits...... it's going to be a looooong journey for me...
Thanks for this. I was just thinking..when the case is there, then the coax cable is delayed. One thing at the time

Jun 5, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #1,950 of 6,859
This was my first and will be the last kickstarter purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back