The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Mar 31, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #632 of 6,859
How is the noise Floor when driving very sensitive CIEMs?any experiences?
Whenever someone talks about noise floor etc it throws me back in times of cassette tape era. It makes me feel old man.

Mar 31, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #633 of 6,859
Hi all, two quick questions.

I'm I right in assuming the R3 will have no issues driving the Brainwavz B400 using a their balance cable? https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/collections/earphones/products/b400-quad-balanced-armature-earphones

Also, just playing with the HiByMusic app, what does creating and having an account do? I have one and have logged in, but can't see any benefit. Would be cool if it synced setting or something?

I also love the lyrics download options, I'm hoping that HiBy OS will have all the features of their standalone application.

Cheers.

P.s Backer number 402, this DAP rocks, etc... :wink:

Apr 1, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #634 of 6,859
So compared to the R6 this has the same chip, but with one instead of two. How would that affect the sound or performance of the DAP supposedly? Thanks

Apr 1, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #640 of 6,859
How about the future selling in Germany. Will the r3 be on Amazon Germany for example.? The r6 is not, and so it is hard to get here..asking because of the high customs fees

It'll only be more expensive once it's in local distribution.

"Custom fees" are simply your country charging VAT on the goods incoming, something that would you be charged if the goods were distributed locally. Just because you're being slugged it now, doesn't mean it magically goes away when it's in local distribution.

They exist otherwise people would purchase 100% of non-foodstuff from overseas to avoid paying consumption tax in their local country.

Apr 1, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #641 of 6,859
It'll only be more expensive once it's in local distribution.

"Custom fees" are simply your country charging VAT on the goods incoming, something that would you be charged if the goods were distributed locally. Just because you're being slugged it now, doesn't mean it magically goes away when it's in local distribution.

They exist otherwise people would purchase 100% of non-foodstuff from overseas to avoid paying consumption tax in their local country.

In General you are absolutely right. But due to e. G. currency change prices distributed in the country are less than importing from outside of Europe. Unfortunately..makes no sense but.. It is.

Also when it comes to support dead on arrival etc.. It is a lot more Comfortable to have a local vendor like Amazon who handles issues. Than sending the device out through the world.

Apr 1, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #642 of 6,859
Any comparisons to the Pioneer XDP-30R sound quality with balanced Shure SE846, its been my samll dap for the last 18 months? I've back the R3 anyway as it sounds a perfect repalcemant and more pocket practical than my Fiio x7ii.

Apr 1, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #645 of 6,859
Backer 989
Screenshot_20180401-161009.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back