The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 16, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #976 of 6,859
Sooo..

next strech goal is online. a carry bag at $280,000..

5ebe0006ef696f97059bcea686acc5d1_original.jpg
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Personally I’d prefer earlier shipping...no need for gifts I’ll never use

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #978 of 6,859
Well, Hiby R3 is GREAT value by itself so I actually do not care about the perks any more. Any present is very welcome Hiby, thanks!

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #980 of 6,859
I'm amused that the promo video shows someone unsnapping the R3 from an armband, and yet somehow they didn't include an armband mount as an option. Clearly they understand that people would want a small device to be armband-capable.

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #981 of 6,859
It is kid of a giveaway so.. We should not have expectations for the perks but be happy to get some.
for sure an armband, leather case, seals for the connectors, cables would be great. but these might be much more expßensive than a cheap 3d printed or molded plastic case.
I do not think we can expect perks of higher value than a few cents (and cables and an armband definitely would be worth more).

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #982 of 6,859
2 cases, a screen protector AND a carry bag? They all seem a bit too... similar and overlapping in functionality, no?

Just a question but, if you have 2 cases (or even 1 case!) and a screen protector, why would you need a carry bag?

I keep harping on but they could've done away with the white case and the carry bag and given us a coax cable in stead. I think far more people would've been happier that way. I know I would. 3 useful things are far preferable than 2 useful and 2 useless. I'm not trying to sound ungrateful here but quality over quantity would benefit all parties involved, methinks. A missed opportunity (particularly) for the loyal customers.

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #983 of 6,859
2 cases, a screen protector AND a carry bag? They all seem a bit too... similar and overlapping in functionality, no?

Just a question but, if you have 2 cases (or even 1 case!) and a screen protector, why would you need a carry bag?

I keep harping on but they could've done away with the white case and the carry bag and given us a coax cable in stead. I think far more people would've been happier that way. I know I would. 3 useful things are far preferable than 2 useful and 2 useless. I'm not trying to sound ungrateful here but quality over quantity would benefit all parties involved, methinks. A missed opportunity (particularly) for the loyal customers.
I really don't understand how people who only invested about $200 are whining about extra gifts being thrown in as a perk. The device, itself, is all that was promised. I'm amazed at where this thread is going. If anyone sees these perks as useless, just throw them away and move on. Go and buy your own coax cable! Most people here are spending hundreds of dollars on earbuds, headphones, DAC's, balanced cables, etc., but some here are complaining about a cable that may cost them $10? I just don't understand....:triportsad:

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #984 of 6,859
I really don't understand how people who only invested about $200 are whining about extra gifts being thrown in as a perk. The device, itself, is all that was promised. I'm amazed at where this thread is going. If anyone sees these perks as useless, just throw them away and move on. Go and buy your own coax cable! Most people here are spending hundreds of dollars on earbuds, headphones, DAC's, balanced cables, etc., but some here are complaining about a cable that may cost them $10? I just don't understand....:triportsad:

agreed, they are FREE gifts, if you do n't like them when you get them stick them on fleabay as soon as HiBy stop making them people will want them:wink:

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #985 of 6,859
A couple of folks on the KS comments page have said they'll be cancelling their pledges due to the stretch goals being unimpressive. Seriously, you wanted this cool player and there was no guarantee of hitting ANY of the stretch goals, but since you don't like the free addons, you'll take your ball and go home? I do not understand some people.

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #986 of 6,859
A couple of folks on the KS comments page have said they'll be cancelling their pledges due to the stretch goals being unimpressive. Seriously, you wanted this cool player and there was no guarantee of hitting ANY of the stretch goals, but since you don't like the free addons, you'll take your ball and go home? I do not understand some people.
Lmao!

I would be happy if they made for sale a strap thing to workout.. otherwise, I'll rig an old one from a cellphone or something. I think the clear case and screen protector are pretty sweet freebies and should be included, so can't really complain that you are getting something that is useful.

Apr 16, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #987 of 6,859
Perhaps i missed it but i couldnt figure out what head gear you were using.

Because he didn't say, I'd like to know too. Also did he try balanced? Tidal? Use as a USB dac or transport? I'm curious because I had the plenue d and I didn't think it sounded as good as my old fiio x3ii, I know the r3 outputs more power than the cowon and has a newer dac. Also would like to know the genres of music he was listening to.

I'm grateful for any review, I just like to have reference points so I can get an idea in my little brain :) of the characteristics of the dap. And I would have liked to have a comparison of the magic 8 ball effects and cowon jet effects. I mean I assume he was testing them all without any effects. Inquiring minds want as much info we can get while we're waiting :)

Not too bag on his review I learned that it is a warmer sounding dap in general, and I appreciate the info really I do. And.... Lol is this dap going mature with burn in like the Sony zx300 ( question for hiby guys ) because the zx300 certainly did improve with the fabled burn in.

Also I wonder if he had the 'retail' firmware that the unit will ship with? Sorry about all the questions, I'm a little neurotic and it's just how my mind works.

I'm happy we got the clear case and screen protector also, but that bag lol more bin material for me. Keep in mind these things are regular pack in in most daps. A cheap case and screen protector are standard gear in lots of dap packages. I've even gotten 2 cases with fiio x5iii. I'm with the other guy, I'd rather have free expidited shipping than these things. I do hope a nice clear silicone case will be available for purchase soon after release, I'm not the biggest fan of hard plastic cases. Just my 3 cents, I can't wait to get this little beast in my paws.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #988 of 6,859
I would only feel sad for those cancelers, even with no freebies Hiby R3 is crazy value.

Apr 16, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #989 of 6,859
I would only feel sad for those cancelers, even with no freebies Hiby R3 is crazy value.

Yes, just throwing the ideal of freebies out the window I can't think of any other super compact dap that can do as much for the $$$. The beautiful screen and nice design are just iceing on the :birthday:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back