The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 14, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #932 of 6,859
Hi all, after all your recommendations, some review reading, budget constraints, etc., my around $100 shortlist to pair with this device is composed of iBasso IT01, FiiO FH1 and Brainwavz B200.

As mentioned in previous posts I will use the selected one connected to the 2.5mm TRRS balanced output, playing Tidal and listening 70’s classical and progressive rock and jazz guitar.

Which one finally do you recommend me?
I could rise budget to $150 if there is other model really worth.

Thanks for your patience with me.

Apr 14, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #933 of 6,859
Hi all, after all your recommendations, some review reading, budget constraints, etc., my around $100 shortlist to pair with this device is composed of iBasso IT01, FiiO FH1 and Brainwavz B200.

As mentioned in previous posts I will use the selected one connected to the 2.5mm TRRS balanced output, playing Tidal and listening 70’s classical and progressive rock and jazz guitar.

My thoughts would be the iBasso IT01 with a balanced cable or the FiiO F9/F9 Pro. I've got the F9 non-pro and I like it, it comes with an average balanced cable. The Pro has Knowles balanced armature drivers and is a bit more expensive, but still under $150.

Apr 14, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #934 of 6,859
My thoughts would be the iBasso IT01 with a balanced cable or the FiiO F9/F9 Pro. I've got the F9 non-pro and I like it, it comes with an average balanced cable. The Pro has Knowles balanced armature drivers and is a bit more expensive, but still under $150.

I second the IT01 for the price it sounds amazing. I liked it more than the Oriveti new primacy which is considerably more. Very dynamic and clean sounding, slightly boosted lows and hi end but still very detailed and slightly recessed mids. Never heard the fiio, sorry.

Apr 14, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #935 of 6,859

I picked up lz a4 for $130 in AliExpress,it will arrive Monday .. it has great reviews..

Apr 14, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #936 of 6,859
I picked up lz a4 for $130 in AliExpress,it will arrive Monday .. it has great reviews..

I'm selling an LZ A4. I'm not a fan of the fit for me, but the filters make for a really unique product with a lot of control over the sound signature and it's quality to boot. It's earned those great reviews. I would put it a step above the FiiO, but I can't really comment on the IT01, I don't have enough experience with it to comment competently.

Apr 14, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #937 of 6,859
Your music choices are so eclectic! I'm the same way, one minute Warrant next Bone thugs and Harmony!
Say, have you heard the xDSD?

Yeah, I got some eclectic chaotic playlists :)

Howz it sound with the campires??

Sounds dope.
This site is really a hype machine but R3 and Comets sound dope and fit my idea of "portable" to a "T"

Apr 14, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #939 of 6,859
Yes R3 looks to be really solid, and head fi has always been a hype machine :wink: it's the nature of the beast.
Yeah, I bought a lot of stuff (inching up the price curve) before I figured out that the latest thing was the best thing ever ( for the price) but I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve bought. I’ve accepted that this hobby is more about buying things than listening to music. But that’s okay -for me

Apr 15, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #940 of 6,859
Yeah, I bought a lot of stuff (inching up the price curve) before I figured out that the latest thing was the best thing ever ( for the price) but I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve bought. I’ve accepted that this hobby is more about buying things than listening to music. But that’s okay -for me

Yes there is the point of diminishing returns, and after that it gets into super enthusiast stuff. Nothing these days really sounds 'bad' digital has gotten loads better, just like tape before that and tubes before that. Headphones and iems I think have gained the most ground, you can get really great sounding stuff for reasonable bones.

And yes it can become very addictive like any hobby :) $$$$$ cha ching. Not the cheapest of hobbies though. I used to collect arrowheads in farm fields after rains and gem stones out west and they were pretty damn cheap hobbies. But music is like the fruit of the month club- "It's the the gift that keeps on giving"........ "That it is Eddie, that it is"

Apr 15, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #941 of 6,859

If I were you I would go with the Fiio FH1s for $75.

They hold there own against a lot of higher priced IEMs. They are a very pleasing headphone you can listen to for hours. Fiio nailed it on the fit and they come standard with both balanced and singled ended detachable MMCX cables.

I haven’t listen to Fiio’s other IEMs the F9 and F9 Pro but HBB has and I’m glad I listened to him. Out of Fiio’s 3 IEMs they are his favorite and his recommendation.

Here’s his review of the FH1s:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/audioholikz.com/2018/01/20/fiio-fh1-review/amp/

Here are some other very favorable reviews from Head Fi on the FH1s:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-fh1-dual-hybrid-iem.22884/reviews

The bass on these are amazing. I smile everytime I put them on. I have used them single ended through my ifi micro iDSD BL and balanced through my Schiit Jotunheim. Either way they sound great. It’s the best $75 I have spent in awhile.

I know a lot of people love the iBasso IT01s. I can’t comment on those but from all of the reviews I have read they are a great IEM.

I don’t think you could go wrong with either of those IEMs. Both are within your $100 budget.

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #942 of 6,859
It's got raised by over $250.000 now, so we got the silicon case, right?

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #943 of 6,859
Apr 15, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #944 of 6,859
20180415_175340.jpg
20180415_175451.jpg

These are Cascade pics but they show the beauty of the Hiby screen.

Sorry about big pics....kinda not really

Attachments

• 20180415_175439.jpg
    20180415_175439.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Apr 15, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #945 of 6,859
What is the exact length of the r3?

Just got this case, but inside length is a little short so probably needs some adjustment.
New-Original-HZ-HZSOUND-Leather-Case-In-Ear-Earphone-Bag-Box-Headphones-Portable-Case-Headphone-Accessories.jpg

So ordered another one that "should" be a little bigger

Audbos-DB04-K5-P4-BA-DD-Hybrid-Earphone-Case-MP4-Cable-Storage-Bag-Mulfunctional-Earphone-Headset.jpeg

imgres

Users who are viewing this thread

Back