The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Mar 2, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #5,251 of 6,859
Throwing error code 400 when I launch a track within Qobuz app. I successfully logged into my account and it’s populating my albums. Anyone have similar experience?

Mar 2, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #5,253 of 6,859
MQA albums are still not recognizable unless you open the track list and the samplerate still missing on playback screen.

You would think that there would be one knowledgable audio geek in that company that would know what we are after.

I just updated and I get an MQA symbol next to tracks that weren't playing as masters before the update and now they do play as masters so something was fixed.

This is on Tidal. Not sure about MQA files that are stored on your SD card as I don't have any of those at the moment.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #5,254 of 6,859
Mar 2, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #5,255 of 6,859
I just updated and I get an MQA symbol next to tracks that weren't playing as masters before the update and now they do play as masters so something was fixed.

This is on Tidal. Not sure about MQA files that are stored on your SD card as I don't have any of those at the moment.
Tracks but I know several albums that are MQA that don't show the symbol and play in flac.

Mar 2, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #5,256 of 6,859
Tracks but I know several albums that are MQA that don't show the symbol and play in flac.

These are whole albums that I added to a playlist and the symbol is there and plays in Master. Previously they showed Master on my phone but not on the R3 now they show Master on both. I can test some of the albums you are talking about and see if I am seeing the same thing. I am going to search for one that I know should be master but don't have added to any playlist and see what happens with that one.

Mar 2, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #5,257 of 6,859
These are whole albums that I added to a playlist and the symbol is there and plays in Master. Previously they showed Master on my phone but not on the R3 now they show Master on both. I can test some of the albums you are talking about and see if I am seeing the same thing. I am going to search for one that I know should be master but don't have added to any playlist and see what happens with that one.
I can add them to a playlist via the windows app and play them on the R3 no problem. Try searching albums via the R3 and see how many show the MQA logo.

Mar 2, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #5,258 of 6,859
I did notice that on the last firmware (2.1) that there was no drop down menu and everything was in the pull up menu down bottom. I actually liked that better. They are now back to to the drop down menu and the pull up menu on the bottom. Any way to change back to the other way. I also noticed that the volume animation went back to the half circles instead of the volume bar like before as well.

Mar 2, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #5,259 of 6,859
I can add them to a playlist via the windows app and play them on the R3 no problem. Try searching albums via the R3 and see how many show the MQA logo.

So I see what you are saying now. I searched Beck's Sea Changes album which before didn't play in master. The search showed 3 versions of the album none of them had a symbol next to the album at all. But once I clicked on the first album I got the cd symbol for flac quality. I went back and clicked on the next search result and the tracks show the MQA symbol and play in MQA quality now which before they didn't.

It would be nice if they could add that MQA symbol next to the album cover so you don't have to click on the album to find out if it is the MQA version.

Mar 2, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #5,260 of 6,859
So I see what you are saying now. I searched Beck's Sea Changes album which before didn't play in master. The search showed 3 versions of the album none of them had a symbol next to the album at all. But once I clicked on the first album I got the cd symbol for flac quality. I went back and clicked on the next search result and the tracks show the MQA symbol and play in MQA quality now which before they didn't.

It would be nice if they could add that MQA symbol next to the album cover so you don't have to click on the album to find out if it is the MQA version.
The few albums I checked didn't show the MQA symbol even when browsing it's tracks. This is still a pretty archaic app at best. Not sure how hard it can be if an album is MQA for it to display/play via that format.

Mar 2, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #5,261 of 6,859
The few albums I checked didn't show the MQA symbol even when browsing it's tracks. This is still a pretty archaic app at best. Not sure how hard it can be if an album is MQA for it to display/play via that format.

I do like the Android version of the app much better. What albums are you trying? I can take a look on mine and see if they show the same on mine. I am sure they probably will but you never know.

Mar 2, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #5,263 of 6,859
Try both albums from Greta Van Fleet.

They actually both worked for me. But what was weird there was one track (Highway Tune) that showed up as a regular FLAC file.

Hiazhhdoawn36k4c9

A3JGs2nRcGu2bcBc9
A3JGs2nRcGu2bcBc9

Mar 2, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #5,265 of 6,859
They actually both worked for me. But what was weird there was one track (Highway Tune) that showed up as a regular FLAC file.

Hiazhhdoawn36k4c9

A3JGs2nRcGu2bcBc9
A3JGs2nRcGu2bcBc9
Yeah not sure what's going on. On my desktop I can add them to a playlist then select that list on my R3 and they show up MQA. I think I'm going to sign out of Tidal on the R3 and sign back in again to see if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back