The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread
Jan 28, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #511 of 719

I read it as that mofolepo was told to rotate the connector to have the L/R indicator facing towards inside by other members of the forum which makes no sense for MMCX connectors as stated by my above post. The only thing I can think of is that the connector was loose and rotating it must have locked it into place forming a better connection. 

mofolepo already received the cable back from Ted and was reporting the issue, so no changes from Ted from the time he reported it to sounding back to normal or better than first reported.

Just don't want incorrect information/advice flying around. I agree with you about MMCX connectors though, good as you can't mess it up as there is only one way to connect them.

Thank you MrDerrick. I also thought it didn't make sense, but I tried it anyways. It did seem to help, so your suggestion that maybe the rotation helped to stiffen up the connection might be the solution. Hopefully this doesn't mean that it will loosen up in the future and make me feel half-deaf from my ear to the ground again.

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #512 of 719
mofolepo originally said when he comes to a street and turns his head right and left checking traffic the cable cut out. then later said they sounded light/hollow/empty.
had him return and i replaced mmcx's with slightly thicker plated ones. i found out there are slight differences between the 1,000 mmcx connectors i ordered. never realized this before. now i pick out/ pre-fit every mmcx for se846 cables. never had issues with mmcx's before sennheiser changed the se846 mmcx's plating to tri-metal.
i test every mmcx cable before sending out on a set of se315's pulling, twisting and shaking my head and cannot get them to cut out. weirdest thing is some se846 customers have had the cut out issue (this was before i found out about plating thickness).
i absolutely checked the cables before shipping and they sounded perfect. and again after changing the mmcx's checking to see if no issues. when he returned them for checking i used them right away before doing anything and found no cut outs with normal full body sound
originally he said he was having a difficult time unplugging the stock mmcx's so i said try twisting as you pull same twisting after insertion to make sure they snap in completely.
on 2-pin connectors yes if out of phase they can sound thin, but i listened for a few minutes before sending back so i have no clue why mofolepo is hearing them as thinner than stock.
i have no problem dbl or triple checking any customers cables as i want everybody to be happy. mofolepo is more than welcome to have me check them again.

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #513 of 719
Hi Ted, as I reported, after rotating the L and R to face my ear (even though this shouldn't help), the cable and headphone sounds good. I don't know what it was before, but now I can hear sound from the full sound stage and not just from my ear up. Thank you very much for your excellent customer service... I just felt bad constantly bugging you and wanted to see if others had the same issues before contacting you. I felt I already bugged you enough during the order process since I'm such a noob :p

Feb 6, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #515 of 719
great after service at a very very reasonable cost.

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #516 of 719
I have just received the HE-X for a 10 days test period, and I must say that (from memory) I think... I prefer the HE-X to the HE-1000 ! Strange isn't it ? ( Please, don't tell this to anybody, I do not want to be banned from Head-Fi for prefering the HE-X over the HE-K) Now, I believe that I need an aftermarket cables will improve it. Any suggestion ?

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #517 of 719
I have just received the HE-X for a 10 days test period, and I must say that (from memory) I think... I prefer the HE-X to the HE-1000 ! Strange isn't it ? ( Please, don't tell this to anybody, I do not want to be banned from Head-Fi for prefering the HE-X over the HE-K) Now, I believe that I need an aftermarket cables will improve it. Any suggestion ?

Well, your in the Headphone lounge.......need more be said?  
wink_face.gif

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #518 of 719

Well, your in the Headphone lounge.......need more be said?  
wink_face.gif

yes, but which model is recommended for a full size headphone like the HE-X ?  

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #519 of 719
yes, but which model is recommended for a full size headphone like the HE-X ?  

It depends on what you are hoping to get out of the cable upgrade. If you would like greater detail and clarity I would recommend silver litz, however, if you are looking for more warmth and body to your sound the copper litz would be the better choice.

Feb 16, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #520 of 719

I just got the silver litz reference cable in the mail. I don’t know if there is a difference in sound, but it is built well and looks pretty. :)

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #521 of 719
Time to save up more money to gear up my brand new Campfire Audio Jupiter IEMs. Can't wait, come on paycheck lol

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #523 of 719
After listening to my NT-6 Pro's with Ted's copper cables, I can say this has been the best 119USD I have spent on a cable^^ Service, build time, quality - there's nothing more that I could ask for. It bests my 149 USD Effect Audio Thor easily too. Build time is simply astonishing; it's amazing how Ted can build his cables in less than a week whereas other cable builders can take more than 3 months to fulfill and other.

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #525 of 719
  I'd be interested in hearing if someone has tried a silver litz on an lcd-x.  I'm thinking about it, but some opinions would be welcome.
Thanks.

I have and it's really much better than the Audeze cable. The silver litz keeps the deeper bass of the X but also cleans up the overall sound making a slightly brighter and reducing some of the murkiness I experienced previously. A really nice balance and highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back