The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread
Jun 26, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #556 of 719
I just received my Copper Litz cable for my W60 with TRRS plug. The whole purchasing process is speedy. One week production and one week shipping to Asia.

The cable is soft and nice. However I heard quite an amount of microphonic which I never heard of any with the stock W60 braided cable...
Is that normal? It will be quite annoying as I usually listen to music while I'm walking.... 

Anyone have such experience?

It is normal. I have three cables from Ted and they have slightly more microphonics than the stock Westone-type cables as Ted's cables are thicker and slightly stiffer. Not really a deal breaker for me though, or I wouldn't have bought three from him :D

Jun 26, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #557 of 719
It is normal. I have three cables from Ted and they have slightly more microphonics than the stock Westone-type cables as Ted's cables are thicker and slightly stiffer. Not really a deal breaker for me though, or I wouldn't have bought three from him :D
Hi, I wonder do most people listen while they are in stationary instead of like me walking? I just tested it today while walking, and the microphonics is just too distracting..

Jun 26, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #560 of 719
Walking, cycling, doing yard work, you name it I am using mine.

Same here :)

Hi, I wonder do most people listen while they are in stationary instead of like me walking? I just tested it today while walking, and the microphonics is just too distracting..

You can try attaching a shirt clip to the Y-split if you'd like to reduce the microphonics.

Jul 15, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #565 of 719
Got my cable back from Ted. I like the new interconnects I have on them now.
I haven't heard any of the microphonics you have been complaining about. Even when I bike and longboard, there's hardly any. Not sure why you are having a problem. What are you currently running?

Jul 16, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #566 of 719
I'm still not sure why I had huge microphonics with the W60 cable connected to ZX2.. It could be the mmcx connector not fitting properly on my W60.. I ended up sending back and exchange for a cable for my LCD-3 and I further ordered an interconnect cable as well. With the new cables, there are no microphonics anymore!

But I did not hear as much improvement as I did with the replaced LCD-3 cable + SE plug compared to the cable with TRRS plug for my W60.. 

Jul 16, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #567 of 719
I'm still not sure why I had huge microphonics with the W60 cable connected to ZX2.. It could be the mmcx connector not fitting properly on my W60.. I ended up sending back and exchange for a cable for my LCD-3 and I further ordered an interconnect cable as well. With the new cables, there are no microphonics anymore!

But I did not hear as much improvement as I did with the replaced LCD-3 cable + SE plug compared to the cable with TRRS plug for my W60.. 

Do you have just the LCD3 running only on the ZX2 or do you have an amp with it? What gears do you use?

Jul 23, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #569 of 719
For the 846s, should I get the copper or ref silver litz ? I'm so sensitive to sibilance and love a full bass.

I would absolutely recommend the silver litz. Silver does not make it brighter just lends a clarity across the sonic spectrum that some interpret at brighter but I never felt. For two and a half years I paired the SE846 with Ted's silver litz and they made for a fantastic combination.

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #570 of 719

For the 846s, should I get the copper or ref silver litz ? I'm so sensitive to sibilance and love a full bass.

I would absolutely recommend the silver litz. Silver does not make it brighter just lends a clarity across the sonic spectrum that some interpret at brighter but I never felt. For two and a half years I paired the SE846 with Ted's silver litz and they made for a fantastic combination.

+1 on that.  A whole new level of clarity for the 846s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back