The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Jun 11, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #11,267 of 28,989

30,000 * $1500 = 45 million dollars.

What?  Can that be right??????  

Don't forget they took 7 years of R&D to complete (if the ad is to be believed).

Jun 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #11,271 of 28,989
$45 million is not the profit Sennheiser made, it's revenue - not even $1500/headphone because Sennheiser isn't selling to distributors at MSRP. You'd also have to have much more information regarding all of the expenses associated with the product before realizing how much the Senn 800s have actually made the company.

The company I work for has billions in revenue annually. If you just focus on that one number, you'd think we'd be making an absolute killing when in fact it's nowhere near that simple.

Jun 11, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #11,273 of 28,989
  Has anyone tried the newly remastered Led Zeppelin albums with HD800?

From the samples i listened on HDtracks compared to regular album i wont be buying the new albums not worth it unless you dont have it already on CD.

Jun 14, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #11,274 of 28,989
Current set up- iMac > iTunes >bit perfect > odac > HDVD800> balanced out >HD800. I've been using this exact chain(decided to use odac and bit perfect) for a few weeks and I couldn't be happier. I have listened to everything from classical to drum and bass and I honestly can't find any fault with any aspect of the SQ. It's absolutely stunning. I really like buying new gear but this has killed any need for 'upgrades' including the sr009 bug! What to do now? Oh that's right it's time to just sit back with a beer and enjoy the music! The HD800s are absolute perfection and it's took me 2 years(and lots of money) to fully appreciate them. Glad to be part of this thread and I enjoy reading about everyone's own experiences with this amazing HP and associated equipment. Hope everyone is well, have a good weekend!

Jun 14, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #11,275 of 28,989
Congrats James-UK. :)

Which gear did you buy and sell before staying with the odac and the hdvd800?

Jun 14, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #11,276 of 28,989
james the hdvd800 and the hd800 is great combo the dac inside is actually very good but a little thin . but to get to this level of porfamce you need a n offramp or ap1 and pp i am not saying to buy one but if you could borogh one to hesr it that would be good. the only downside to the usb converter is the dac only does dsd over the usb.
any advice or help pm me or post in the thread . i can advise acuostic sounds as very good website to download dsd and jriver is a good player. foobar too but i prefure jriver .
good luck and do amini review of your thoughts , for me it beats out the stax in almost every way. the he6 are more full but has a little less details but not good on that amp. i am glad you like the amp. it gets knocked for the boutique all the time .
al

Jun 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #11,277 of 28,989
Congrats James-UK. :)

Which gear did you buy and sell before staying with the odac and the hdvd800?

Burson 160d , v200/800 , fiio ek09 and alpine dac, even tried some old receivers and my current yamaha one. kept O2 . Had a few listening sessions in a local store with other hi end stuff such as naim but ended up with senn amp paired with odac . I've never tried tubes but I'm a bit OCD with 'accuracy' . I feel confident I have found a combo now that is perfect for my taste without sacrificing any of the hd800 strong points. I'm hearing all the superlatives in spades!! :)

Jun 14, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #11,278 of 28,989
Current set up- iMac > iTunes >bit perfect > odac > HDVD800> balanced out >HD800. I've been using this exact chain(decided to use odac and bit perfect) for a few weeks and I couldn't be happier. I have listened to everything from classical to drum and bass and I honestly can't find any fault with any aspect of the SQ. It's absolutely stunning. I really like buying new gear but this has killed any need for 'upgrades' including the sr009 bug! What to do now? Oh that's right it's time to just sit back with a beer and enjoy the music! The HD800s are absolute perfection and it's took me 2 years(and lots of money) to fully appreciate them. Glad to be part of this thread and I enjoy reading about everyone's own experiences with this amazing HP and associated equipment. Hope everyone is well, have a good weekend!

beerchug.gif
 Glad you're enjoying it bud, time to relax and focus on the music!

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #11,279 of 28,989
Nice!  Hoping to add the HDVD800 with a balanced cable someday.  Enjoy!!
Quote:
Current set up- iMac > iTunes >bit perfect > odac > HDVD800> balanced out >HD800. I've been using this exact chain(decided to use odac and bit perfect) for a few weeks and I couldn't be happier. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #11,280 of 28,989
These cans just kick it old rock & roll !

Just finished AC/DC       High Voltage & Powerage  cds.......my oh my.........these cans can deliver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back