The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Aug 9, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #19,652 of 28,992
List price in Canada is $340 but I did better than that. For me, with the Canadian $ exchange, it's not worth getting anything in $US so it's a bargain here :)
Quote:

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #19,654 of 28,992
  I'm pretty happy with my ADL cable.  Although there are probably better out there, I'm not planning on changing it for a while.

Quote:
  My HD800 cable ripped(after the y split, on the left side). What do you think about ADL cables for HD800? The iHP-35Hx? That's the only one I can get locally without getting it custom made(and also one of the cheapest).

Love the look of the Mac MV....Nice!

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #19,655 of 28,992
  Can anyone recommend a 4-5 foot very thin, flexible and soft HD800 cable? I do not like thick, tangle free or hard/stiff cables and I currently cannot stand the length and the stiffness of the stock cable. I am not looking for a cable to change the sound or am chasing better sound. I just want a cable that keeps at least stock cable sound (wouldn't mind a more warm/bass heavy signature either but it doesn't matter either way) but is 4-5 feet in length, VERY THIN, flexible and soft as heavy, stiff and thick cables drive me nuts. 

I was looking at potentially purchasing a custom cable from mimic or bestinverse or possible a ebay cable. Can anyone make a recommendation based on what I am looking for?

My "Q" French silk is very light and flexible, think lightly braided para cord. Only thing you have to deal with is the adapters for the HD800.

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #19,656 of 28,992
My "Q" French silk is very light and flexible, think lightly braided para cord. Only thing you have to deal with is the adapters for the HD800.

Thank you for the response, i would not be a fan of those big connectors. Cable looks similar to the mimic, bestinverse and eBay cables I have looked at. I am hoping someone can lead me to a nice cable that meets all my requirements.

Aug 9, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #19,657 of 28,992
Aug 9, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #19,658 of 28,992
Thank you for the response, i would not be a fan of those big connectors. Cable looks similar to the mimic, bestinverse and eBay cables I have looked at. I am hoping someone can lead me to a nice cable that meets all my requirements.

Brian at BTG audio might be able to make you a thin and supple cable for HD800. It's pretty cheap, and you can custom order, so you can have a cable that meets all your requirements.

Aug 9, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #19,659 of 28,992
Brian at BTG audio might be able to make you a thin and supple cable for HD800. It's pretty cheap, and you can custom order, so you can have a cable that meets all your requirements.

That's sounds excellent, would you mind linking me the website or getting me in contact with the person directly?

@inseconds99
 I have the following Sennheiser HD800 cable.  It is thin and comes in lengths varying from about 3 to 5 feet.  It is a bit stiff, but it sounds great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Silver-Plated-Audio-upgrade-Cable-For-Sennheiser-HD800-HD-800-headphones-/201307381524?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2ededadf14

I have already looked into this cable, many people complain that it is stiff and annoying. That is what is holding me back, I cannot get myself to purchase a cable that stiff.

Aug 9, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #19,660 of 28,992
That's sounds excellent, would you mind linking me the website or getting me in contact with the person directly?
I have already looked into this cable, many people complain that it is stiff and annoying. That is what is holding me back, I cannot get myself to purchase a cable that stiff.

http://www.btg-audio.com/

Aug 10, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #19,662 of 28,992
Does anyone have a supple, thick and stiff cable to recommend for me? I'm just looking to get some extra enjoyment from my HD-800's, and the stock one seems to be leaving something to be desired. It doesn't need to have a sheath either.

Aug 10, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #19,663 of 28,992
  Does anyone have a supple, thick and stiff cable to recommend for me? I'm just looking to get some extra enjoyment from my HD-800's, and the stock one seems to be leaving something to be desired. It doesn't need to have a sheath either.

Hah supple and stiff are contradictory...

But I'm trying the ihp-35Hx. I'll report back after I demo it at a store.

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #19,665 of 28,992
They do have excellent quality and price. Their IEM cables are very popular, and you should be able to get a supple cable if you don't sleeve it.

I believe they were having some serious backlog issues a while back. I'm not sure how it is now. It's something to consider if it's a cable that's needed asap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back