The NEW ATH-ES700..
Apr 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #407 of 1,098
Apr 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #408 of 1,098
Edit: double post so I will add here a few comments:

How are these in comparison to the ESW9's?

Another DSnuts post to get me hype again...I bought my ws55 a while back based on your old thread...might have to buy another pair just really curious about how these sound...Although I've been thinking of getting either the es700 or the esw9...does anyone have both of them or had any experience with both of them for a quick comparison?Contemplating between the two made me miss some sweet deals...

Besides what I briefly stated about the esw9 last page.
It is my belief from knowledge of inspecting the drivers,
That the es700 has a superior driver. More modern and more detailed and more impactfull, so this close intimate mids share an almost grado like immediacy and realsm is high.
The esw9 is an excellent can in its own right,
With smoothness and delicacy but it is a totally different signature wich is laid back and not as forward in mids and bass is different reminding me of a vmoda m100 for lack of better description.
I enjoyed them but always felt unsatisfied until I herd the intimacy of the jvcs400 wich reminded me of both the es7 forwardness and esw9 smoothness.
From then I had a few others but after I modded these,
With both the interior mod and the lambskin leather pad mod,
the es700 are now my personal favorites for portable use.

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #409 of 1,098
Yea! It's going to come tomorrow! I shipped it with EMS and it was pretty fast. 

I was wondering one thing though. Im pretty sure EMS requires a signature, right? I not going to be home when the mailman comes so hopefully the post office can hold it for me.

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #411 of 1,098
I was getting confused on few songs and so after some comparisons to a few other of my cans, I verified that what I was hearing was correct.
Because of the very viscereal revealing mids of these cans I noticed it with these cans first.
I was able to hear changes in a female vocal wich was previously not as noticeable so didn't bother me and didn't take notice.
Beyoncé mp3 I can hear changes to the equalization and distance on her voice.

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #412 of 1,098
Quote:
I was getting confused on few songs and so after some comparisons to a few other of my cans, I verified that what I was hearing was correct.
Because of the very viscereal revealing mids of these cans I noticed it with these cans first.
I was able to hear changes in a female vocal wich was previously not as noticeable so didn't bother me and didn't take notice.
Beyoncé mp3 I can hear changes to the equalization and distance on her voice.

that sounds magical.
damn it, time to get a pair for myself. *looking at wallet

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #413 of 1,098
Got it today and im burning it in right now. It sounds pretty darn good right now though. I dont really believe in burn in but it's worth a shot. The bass is a bit loose for my liking but hopefully it will tighten up. The thing that really impressed me was the sound stage! The sound stage for a closed back is spectacular imo. Better soundstage than many closed back headphones ive ever heard let alone an on-ear. Of course i didn't try any real expensive ones like the Denon AH-D500/700.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #414 of 1,098
Another DSnuts post to get me hype again...I bought my ws55 a while back based on your old thread...might have to buy another pair just really curious about how these sound...Although I've been thinking of getting either the es700 or the esw9...does anyone have both of them or had any experience with both of them for a quick comparison?Contemplating between the two made me miss some sweet deals...

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #415 of 1,098
Hey I answered your post a few posts up on my double post I edited :)

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #416 of 1,098
So far I'm loving these. The soundstage is amazing for a closed back on-ear and the midrange is fantastically lush! Vocals have never sounded better!

At first the bass seemed a bit loose but i did play some pink noise through it for an hour and have been listening to some music. I don't believe in burn in but it was worth a shot. Not sure if it was the burn in or me just getting used to the headphones but the bass seemed to have gotten tighter and more controlled. Maybe it was just because i was coming from my grado's and he-300's. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #417 of 1,098
So far I'm loving these. The soundstage is amazing for a closed back on-ear and the midrange is fantastically lush! Vocals have never sounded better!

At first the bass seemed a bit loose but i did play some pink noise through it for an hour and have been listening to some music. I don't believe in burn in but it was worth a shot. Not sure if it was the burn in or me just getting used to the headphones but the bass seemed to have gotten tighter and more controlled. Maybe it was just because i was coming from my grado's and he-300's. :)

yes you would like these as I have found a similarity in overall sound very lively sound.

At the headphone meet today I compared my es700 to the Sennheiser momentums,
and i must say, they were very very nice!.
I have to admit they were very good, much better sounding than the Amperiors I had,
more natural detailed refined and mature sound... I

think they are more sweeter than the sony 1r but not as loud,
in fact these "momentums" are not as loud as my es700 either.

While I am at it, I also compared my es700 directly to the beyer t50p and dt1350  as well, and have to say those are also very very nice...
Really similar in looks and both having refined sound.

So yes it is a sad day for me to have to admit this, because I really like them... but...well..
I like them all...
So with hesitation I will admit to you..

..MY MODDED ES700 MOPPED THE FLOOR WITH THEM ALL.!!!.!!!.!!!
OMG!

I should have known but I was used to just comparing them to the es10 ans ws99 at home,
so I forgot the higher level that the es700 was playing with.
I have to say when amped with a high quality source they sound like a full size can :)

Apr 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #419 of 1,098
I agree it does sound like a full size can! Right now i don't feel the need to do the mod and also don't want to mess with my warranty but i may give it a go later in the future. Will probably buy the esw9a ear pads for these later.

Apr 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #420 of 1,098
yes you would like these as I have found a similarity in overall sound very lively sound.

At the headphone meet today I compared my es700 to the Sennheiser momentums,
and i must say, they were very very nice!.
I have to admit they were very good, much better sounding than the Amperiors I had,
more natural detailed refined and mature sound... I

think they are more sweeter than the sony 1r but not as loud,
in fact these "momentums" are not as loud as my es700 either.

While I am at it, I also compared my es700 directly to the beyer t50p and dt1350  as well, and have to say those are also very very nice...
Really similar in looks and both having refined sound.

So yes it is a sad day for me to have to admit this, because I really like them... but...well..
I like them all...
So with hesitation I will admit to you..

..MY MODDED ES700 MOPPED THE FLOOR WITH THEM ALL.!!!.!!!.!!!
OMG!

I should have known but I was used to just comparing them to the es10 ans ws99 at home,
so I forgot the higher level that the es700 was playing with.
I have to say when amped with a high quality source they sound like a full size can :)

Can you please provide the detail on your modded es-700? I'm awaiting my own set of ES-700 and curioust to know.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back