The NEW ATH-ES700..
Apr 11, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #394 of 1,098
As stated before I achieved maximum clarity and comfort second to none with the esw9 pads..

Also, I have perfected a mod on the es700 that will obliterate the s500 on a bass level , and increase soundstage closer to the daddy es10, yet I have not posted yet as it is not for the squeamish, but renewed my enjoyment of these cans. They have hidden unlocked potential because of the new driver technology and the similarity in inner designed to the es10 wich means it can sound closer to an es10 but never like an ws99.

Will post my results soon.

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #395 of 1,098
Keep us posted Maxx134! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #397 of 1,098
Apr 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #398 of 1,098
BASSHEAD MOD FOR SUPER SUB BASS:

Ok for those willing and brave enough to modify your es700 here it is..
Benefits are increase sense of space bigger sound and soundstage, and best of all, larger spacious bassss!
No big bloat but large!
Onto the mod..
First of all open carefully with small Philips screwdriver. .
I say carefully, because the magnet is so strong that it will yank that screw and suck it in the driver holes if not careful! !

Next comes the driver opening now we have to be very careful once again!
Reason is we will be making slight modifications.
You will see upon opening the wire running straight up the middle of driver.
Also will see a yellowish fiberglass looking material.
Be careful not to touch it yet.
It has different density in middle and the top is darker and stiffer than the back!

Ok so the wire will now be run alongside the pad by just turning the driver around. No more wire covering middle hole of rear driver..

Next you see the driver has TWO black foams on each side..

pull out(remove!) left one and push it gently ON TOP of the other one!
This will give larger non bloated bass.
I say carefully because you may push in too much and perforate the white felt covering on front side. .
Removing both black foams will give excessive and near bloated bass.
Leaving out second pad give in middle effect.

Now onto the yellow fiberglass. .

SOUNDSTAGE MOD:
Warning this mod will affect the soundstage and mids.
More space and air in mids and more pronounced aged broken in effect with slightly less forward mids and more soundstage.
So if you like your mids as they are, don't touch it!!
Just flipping over will change mids so be careful the placement. .
But I have to also say it is an nice increase in spatial mids overall.
Now carefully remove and while remembering top and bottom,
Carefully and gently separate in the middle! ..

Now line up that thin cut in the material and place back with top and bottom in respective place.

Remember to route the wire along side the foam and no longer on top..
Carefully line up and close driver back onto cup.
Remember those screws like to fly to the magnet in the driver!!!

All done! Enjoy your supercharged es700 modded to sound even more like the es10. .!!!

Apr 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #399 of 1,098
Just ordered these. Should be here in a week and a half. Such a long wait but hopefully its worth it!

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #400 of 1,098
loving my es700 was surprise how clear the high were, soundstage supreme and hearing every single breath the singer took 
eek.gif

lovely punchy bass hand down they beat my px200 II but still not as awesome as my W4R 
basshead.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #401 of 1,098
They using stronger magnet than before on these from my experience on opening older models.
Edit: I believe the level of detail surpasses the dt1350 I had.

Apr 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #403 of 1,098
The es700 with the bass mod surpasses the s500 in sub bass detail approaching closely behind the es10 that I have burned for 7days and am now evaluating.
The es700 are very vivid and in the mids, they are up there with anything I ever owned.

Apr 15, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #404 of 1,098
Auditioned the esw9a at best buy yesterday. First time i've seen them in person. Never even knew Best Buy had them. I was impressed by the build. It feels much better built than what a lot of people make it out to be. I plugged it into my own source (although im pretty certain the headphones were hooked up to some sort of amp) and was impressed by what i heard. It sounded great! Was thinking maybe to cancel my order on the es700 and getting those since i always wanted a pair of woodies but decided to stick to these es700s. Tracking says it departed from K.I.A so hopefully i get it by wednesday. Wishful thinking i know. 

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #405 of 1,098
Esw9 is a classic audio technica sound just more laid back but sweet with nice bass.
You will eventually want more after a year of it.
Buy the es7 clear protectors for your es700 and also the esw9.
I posted link early on in this thread.
They make the esw9 look glossy and rich like the esw10.
While the es700 stay looking like piano gloss finish with the protectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back