The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
May 17, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #1,756 of 2,052
But has it started just at some point? Does volume increase and decrease help and or unplug plug jack or swithing of dac / amp and starting new signal cures it ? Thanks.
It started after a year of use or so. I don’t know the cause, but taking the headphones off, putting the cups together and pressing a couple times seems to have helped. I though it might be some sort of pressure related driver sticking.

May 17, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #1,757 of 2,052
Yes that does help too pressing the cans.
I have found original receipt and wil try to contact dealer from Croatia on what to do next. But i believe i will have to wait all journey to send to Croatia then the dealer sends to USA to DCA and then backwards to dealer and me... DCA send you back after they inspected and or replicated the issue?

I though mine unit somehow became damaged by my usage and started even looking for new headphones without beeing able so sell my current (possibly broken). and i was surprised to see same story from others! Totally news of the day.

May 17, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #1,758 of 2,052
i had the same L/R imbalance issue (R > L) after a couple of months.. fixed it by re-plugging in the standard DUMMER cables at the hirose connectors.. so very similar situation as described by others here

May 18, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #1,759 of 2,052
I also unplugged and re-plugged my cable (in my case a third party cable) and that solved the issue. I hope though that this is all that is ever needed.

May 19, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #1,760 of 2,052
Ok it seems cable switch does not gave efect or not for long. within one hour i received again left ear volume level dropdown. WHat helps the following either increase a bit volume and it fixes while playing or try to plug unplug several times or switch off dac and turn on...
And this started to happen after 5-7 months of usage.

I have bough from headfi member who bough originaly from Croatia dealer (have the original receipt). Wondering can i send straight to DCA or through the dealer only (but in this case i am not original buyer).

@mrspeakers what would you suggest as right approach?
We honor warranty with resold units so you can contact info@danclarkaudio.com for assistance. Sorry you had an issue...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 27, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #1,762 of 2,052
I can’t tell you if the Oriolus/Sony combo would pair well but the Black Label is a good combo with plenty of headroom to spare.

Now there’s the Micro Signature to consider and the Diablo.
I have pair of Noire coming in next week and I’m looking forward to trying it with my Diablo.

How did it end up pairing with the Diablo? There is something about that DAC/AMP that just makes me want to spend money. Maybe it is the red. I wish it had the Xbass but sometimes less options is truly better for me.. less things to worry about.

May 27, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #1,763 of 2,052
It’s a really good match. @Huntersknoll
The Diablo steps away from the warmer iFi amp sound found in the Black Label and such.

The Noire tilt toward the warm-ish side of “neutral” and benefits from the cleaner sounding Diablo.

The balanced out provides an improvement over the single ended out as well.
More dynamic at lower volumes and headroom galore.
I found myself going using the Turbo gain when SE so it even helps preserve the battery life when in use since normal mode now outputs the juice.

Also if you pick up the Diablo with the travel case it makes a sweet portable set up.
It’s actually the main reason I bought the Noire.
DCE48066-3E99-4461-BFE5-0701E5300E58.jpeg
40C4543E-957E-4162-8F7F-12439C1AB363.jpeg

PS off topic but does anyone else experience crappy/grainy pics under low lighting with iPhone! My 11 takes the grainiest pics unless under direct sunlight

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #1,764 of 2,052
The Diablo steps away from the warmer iFi amp sound found in the Black Label and such.

The Noire tilt toward the warm-ish side of “neutral” and benefits from the cleaner sounding Diablo.

I found myself going using the Turbo gain when SE so it even helps preserve the battery life when in use since normal mode now outputs the juice.

Also if you pick up the Diablo with the travel case it makes a sweet portable set up.
It’s actually the main reason I bought the Noire.DCE48066-3E99-4461-BFE5-0701E5300E58.jpeg40C4543E-957E-4162-8F7F-12439C1AB363.jpeg

PS off topic but does anyone else experience crappy/grainy pics under low lighting with iPhone! My 11 takes the grainiest pics unless under direct sunlight

That is normal. Smartphone camera's work best with alot of lighting due to how small the sensor is. For low-light shooting, real camera's are better.

May 28, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #1,765 of 2,052

It’s actually the main reason I bought the Noire.DCE48066-3E99-4461-BFE5-0701E5300E58.jpeg40C4543E-957E-4162-8F7F-12439C1AB363.jpeg

In terms of the camera sensor itself, the iphones just use a pretty basic 12MP sensor. Android phones have fancy hardware such as 5x optical zoom, 108MP etc, but Apple has one of the best image processing softwares out there

May 28, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #1,766 of 2,052
I'm having the same problem. cable works sometimes. pressing the cups works sometimes, increasing the volume a little helps sometimes. I'm thinking it is just a bad cable connection, increasing the voltage can then help because it "wets" the connection.

I'm contacting my reseller to have it exchanged, i hope the 3rd pair is going to last. I've already stopped taking this pair with me out of the house..

Jun 3, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #1,767 of 2,052
Smaller CCD = more quantum noise.

I'm having the same problem. cable works sometimes. pressing the cups works sometimes, increasing the volume a little helps sometimes. I'm thinking it is just a bad cable connection, increasing the voltage can then help because it "wets" the connection.

I'm contacting my reseller to have it exchanged, i hope the 3rd pair is going to last. I've already stopped taking this pair with me out of the house..

First thing to do is reverse the L/R cable, if the problem changes sides its the cable.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 7, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #1,768 of 2,052
Ah, just got my Noire about two weeks ago and just finished putting in the 150 hours of pink noise. The sound I loved from my A2C is back with a bit more bass! I had a A2C which I sold to a friend at an extremely discounted price since I wanted the Noire... made the purchase more justifiable for me. It is my favorite headphone to date and sounds great with all the music I listen to and sound fantastic for gaming. The comfort is something you can't pass up. I wore it for like 5 hours on Saturday and didn't even notice. Something about his headphone is special to me. If you are looking for a closed back in the $900 range I can't recommend trying this one out more.

My next upgrade will be getting a Lyr 3 and a bifrost 2 in 2022... oh and that Loki Max I keep hearing about will most likely be in there too lol.

EDIT: Dan, if you were to put out a T-shirt or dad hat with your logo on it I would scoop it up right away.. just saying.

Jun 7, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #1,769 of 2,052
My next upgrade will be getting a Lyr 3 and a bifrost 2 in 2022... oh and that Loki Max I keep hearing about will most likely be in there too lol.
I'm loving the Noire on the Jot 2/Bifrost 2 stack, but I'd love to sandwich an analogue EQ into that stack as well! The A2's low distortion makes it very-well suited to EQ, I use this when using Roon:

1623099010231.png

Jun 7, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #1,770 of 2,052

The camera chip is forced to use higher ISO values with decreasing light. Camera values don't change, shutter speed, aperture value, film(sensor) sensitivity.

My Sony A7sII, with a fast lens, takes very clean photos in no light. If that's important to you, spend the ducats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back