The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Jan 8, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #1,651 of 2,052
Jan 8, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #1,653 of 2,052
Do you use filters on stock? Yours 2 closed model?
Yes, but it’s a weird combination. And cutting is involved. Lol

Jan 8, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #1,655 of 2,052
I have one pad set which is white stock those i even punctured with nail lots of holesbin order to let in a bit highs :-D
Tuning is very personal. I’ll go for whatever works for YOU. I posted my combo earlier in this thread. I also ordered tuning kit/pads as I doubt that same tuning will work exactly the same with new pads.

Jan 8, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #1,657 of 2,052
I tried all the filters with the original pads and settled on none. So far, that is also working for me with the perforated pads. My 54 year old ears don’t go above 13k anyway. :beerchug:
Since you’re not sensitive to highest of frequencies, did you notice changes in bass/mid-bass/soundstage with perforated pads?

Jan 8, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #1,658 of 2,052
The spec is not adequate to answer this. At 3Vrms in theory it will output 750mW into the headphone but if it is current limited it will be less. From some tech measurements at AudioScienceReview Inam guessing it is in fact current limited and max output is going to be 200mW, which is enough to play too loud for safe extended listening, though it won’t get LOUD.
These arrived today, confirming that the Cowon Plenue MK II can drive them, though not LOUD. Initial listen was at 105 out of 140. These will primarily be used on my desktop (USBridge Sig > BiFrost MD > Sonic Exciter > Loki Mini > Lyr 3) They sound great now,(Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - A Night in Tunisia (1961) {MFSL UDCD 601}) looking forward to hearing them after the burn-in period, perforated pads ordered earlier today.

Jan 8, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #1,659 of 2,052
Since you’re not sensitive to highest of frequencies, did you notice changes in bass/mid-bass/soundstage with perforated pads?
Yes, overall sounds more balanced and open sounding. The bass feels like it extends lower, even though it probably doesn’t, but is the removal of the mid-bass. More bass detail is apparent. That’s the biggest change for me. Maybe slightly “sweeter” sounding high end.

Jan 8, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #1,660 of 2,052
Yes, overall sounds more balanced and open sounding. The bass feels like it extends lower, even though it probably doesn’t, but is the removal of the mid-bass. More bass detail is apparent. That’s the biggest change for me. Maybe slightly “sweeter” sounding high end.
Thanks. Looking forward to swapping for new pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back