The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Feb 1, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #1,681 of 2,052
@mrspeakers I have been trying to find the Aeon 2 Noire + the 2,5mm cable + perforated cups in western continental EU.

However there seems to be no options on the few online shops. Do you have any recommendation as to where to go or am I condemned to be buying from the US?
Anyone else maybe has tips on where to find all of this?

Feb 2, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #1,682 of 2,052
@mrspeakers I have been trying to find the Aeon 2 Noire + the 2,5mm cable + perforated cups in western continental EU.

However there seems to be no options on the few online shops. Do you have any recommendation as to where to go or am I condemned to be buying from the US?

I know we have units shipped to the Netherlands, Germany, and the UK. Right now we are working on a store locator for our website but that may be a few more days, the locator will be populated with our EU dealers as well as US. PM me what country you're in and we can hook you up with the distributor to find local stock.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 9, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #1,683 of 2,052

If I can be of any help, I've bought mine at www.earsunlimited.com
Very helpful and while they may not have the perforated pads in stock, I think you can reach out to them and they might get you a pair :)

Feb 10, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #1,684 of 2,052
If I can be of any help, I've bought mine at www.earsunlimited.com
Very helpful and while they may not have the perforated pads in stock, I think you can reach out to them and they might get you a pair :)

Thanks for sharing! I have seen the website as I have scouted several in the NL. I couldn't find the Noire version, only the red one.
In any case mr.speaker reached out and said the Noire with a 2.5mm cable (and pads) should be available at some retailers in within a couple of weeks. So I am looking forward :)

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #1,689 of 2,052
I'm likely jumping on a pair of A2c Noire. I'm struggling through cable options a bit. Sorry if this is boring.

I'll use them mostly between a TT2 and mojo and am leaning towards a 3.5mm termination to avoid the bulk of an adapter when mojoing, but wonder if there is any consensus on the qualitative difference when using 3.5mm vs 1/4" plugged into the TT2 (LOL, CONSENSUS!). Separately, will the 3.5mm termination fit ok in the TT2? I'd ultimately like the solution to work well in the mojo-heavy future when we get to leave the house again for travel, but in the meantime I expect to honeymoon on the TT2 for many months. I'd prefer not to have two cables so am thinking 3.5mm vs 1/4 + adapter.

Looking ahead, is the VIVO a good option for travel from a flexibility/durability perspective? Sorry, I have very little Mr Dan "Speakers" Clark equipment experience other than the few times I've had the pleasure of checking him out at shows (last time was can jam 2017).

Separate from this, I have an analog rig into a v280; may get a longish DUM (if 3m-3.5 meters is an option) or ZMF basic balanced cable for that purpose. Anyone have experience with both of the basic offerings from these two for comparison--not detailed listening notes, but perhaps which is nicer feeling/more durable?

These will be joining OG Eikons, HD800S, RS1i in my collection and mostly replacing my p7w for planes, trains and offices. Pretty excited to bring something very different into the collection and they are the first headphone purchase in almost 4 years!!! (unless you count AirPod pros for zoom calls)

Feb 11, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #1,690 of 2,052
I'd prefer not to have two cables so am thinking 3.5mm vs 1/4 + adapter.

Between the default red color matching, the appropriate lengths and the ability to just swap terminations, this is what I've been using with all my cans but is by far the most appropriate with the A2C that I use in so many varied circumstances with different sources.

https://hartaudiocables.com/collect...ush-pull-mr-speakers-balanced-headphone-cable

Not affiliated in any way, but have become a big fan of the feel and versatility that I've begun using them for just about all headphones I own.

Feb 11, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #1,691 of 2,052
I'm likely jumping on a pair of A2c Noire. I'm struggling through cable options a bit.

For balanced headphones, I generally make sure that I have a 2.5mm balanced male cable for anything that I'm going to take anywhere (some people are settling on the 4.4mm instead, but my take is: Why go bulky for travel?), and a 4-pin balanced SLR for anything that I'm never going to take anywhere. I also settled on the mini-XLR 4-pin plugs as a decent compromise for either use case, and I have custom adapters (see this) as necessary.

If you don't settle on some specific size as "your standard", you end up with one of everything, which sucks.

Attachments

• IMG_2410.jpg
    IMG_2410.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Feb 11, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #1,692 of 2,052
I'm likely jumping on a pair of A2c Noire. I'm struggling through cable options a bit. Sorry if this is boring.

I'll use them mostly between a TT2 and mojo and am leaning towards a 3.5mm termination to avoid the bulk of an adapter when mojoing, but wonder if there is any consensus on the qualitative difference when using 3.5mm vs 1/4" plugged into the TT2 (LOL, CONSENSUS!). Separately, will the 3.5mm termination fit ok in the TT2? I'd ultimately like the solution to work well in the mojo-heavy future when we get to leave the house again for travel, but in the meantime I expect to honeymoon on the TT2 for many months. I'd prefer not to have two cables so am thinking 3.5mm vs 1/4 + adapter.

Looking ahead, is the VIVO a good option for travel from a flexibility/durability perspective? Sorry, I have very little Mr Dan "Speakers" Clark equipment experience other than the few times I've had the pleasure of checking him out at shows (last time was can jam 2017).

Separate from this, I have an analog rig into a v280; may get a longish DUM (if 3m-3.5 meters is an option) or ZMF basic balanced cable for that purpose. Anyone have experience with both of the basic offerings from these two for comparison--not detailed listening notes, but perhaps which is nicer feeling/more durable?

These will be joining OG Eikons, HD800S, RS1i in my collection and mostly replacing my p7w for planes, trains and offices. Pretty excited to bring something very different into the collection and they are the first headphone purchase in almost 4 years!!! (unless you count AirPod pros for zoom calls)
I got an aftermarket 1m cable with 3.5mm termination to use with MojoPoly. It’s been great because the stock cable was watt too long for portable use. But, I don’t know your system, but in mine, the 1m cable is a bit too short for comfortable listening at my work desk. (I usually use other open headphones anyway there.) The other advantage of the 1m cable with smaller plug is that it fits better into the case for transport. But the 3.5mm will fit the TT2 fine and sounds the same to my ears.

Feb 12, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #1,693 of 2,052
Thanks all.

@jarnopp it is good to see you getting on with your mojo and tt2. I stepped away and only picked up the tt2 recently. Now we are both here on the aeon 2 thread!

if I add the non-perforated pads with the noire, should I expect a sound that is basically identical to a classic a2c?

from what I’m picking up on Dan’s site, it seems the original a2c had the same pads as aeon 1s while the a2o got some new perforated pads. Now the noire have the the perforated pads on a black a2c but are otherwise identical to a2c. Am I following this correctly?

I may want to try both sounds

Feb 12, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #1,695 of 2,052
Thanks all.

@jarnopp it is good to see you getting on with your mojo and tt2. I stepped away and only picked up the tt2 recently. Now we are both here on the aeon 2 thread!

if I add the non-perforated pads with the noire, should I expect a sound that is basically identical to a classic a2c?

from what I’m picking up on Dan’s site, it seems the original a2c had the same pads as aeon 1s while the a2o got some new perforated pads. Now the noire have the the perforated pads on a black a2c but are otherwise identical to a2c. Am I following this correctly?

I may want to try both sounds
Yes, the A2C Noire with the non-perforated pads are the original A2C except in black rather than red color.

I haven’t tried my Noire with the original non-perforated pads, but I can say the Noire with the pads they come with are amazing - for the sound signature I prefer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back