The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Mar 1, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #1,711 of 2,052
@mrspeakers - any comments or suggestions on this?
We use 3M as well, but not VHB. There are multiple VHB so there's no generic answer. However, Dakoni has licensed our peelable pad technology and is offering this going forward so for future orders I think this is not going to be relevant.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 8, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #1,713 of 2,052
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 8, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #1,714 of 2,052
A great Noire review from headphone.guru here: https://headphone.guru/the-aeon-2-noire-the-black-beauty/
Can you elaborate on these improvements. In plain English if possible. Thanks.
A40DBF81-0285-4A05-8F00-29A573787869.jpeg

Mar 8, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #1,715 of 2,052
Can you elaborate on these improvements. In plain English if possible. Thanks.
A40DBF81-0285-4A05-8F00-29A573787869.jpeg
These are all changes designed to place fewer acoustic obstacles around the driver. In our original AEONs the magnets were on the "ear side" of the driver, we flipped the motor to move the magnets to the outside of the headphone leaving a more direct path to the ear canal. All these changes are just imrproving air flow on both sides of the driver to deliver more detail and a smoother frequency response.

Mar 8, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #1,716 of 2,052
These are all changes designed to place fewer acoustic obstacles around the driver. In our original AEONs the magnets were on the "ear side" of the driver, we flipped the motor to move the magnets to the outside of the headphone leaving a more direct path to the ear canal. All these changes are just imrproving air flow on both sides of the driver to deliver more detail and a smoother frequency response.
Can this flip be performed without any ill effect by someone who's not a stranger to DIY side of the hobby? If not, could headphones be sent to get an upgrade at reasonable cost without overwhelming production? Thanks

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #1,717 of 2,052
Can this flip be performed without any ill effect by someone who's not a stranger to DIY side of the hobby? If not, could headphones be sent to get an upgrade at reasonable cost without overwhelming production? Thanks

If you are asking if an original AEON can be converted to an AEON 2, no, there's no way. Everything was totally redesigned and other than having the same shape there is no mechanical overlap and no possible conversion.

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #1,718 of 2,052
If you are asking if an original AEON can be converted to an AEON 2, no, there's no way. Everything was totally redesigned and other than having the same shape there is no mechanical overlap and no possible conversion.
No that's not what I meant. I had in mind an Aeon2 closed in red.

Mar 8, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #1,721 of 2,052
Not necessary - the Aeon 2 and Aeon Noire are identical other than pads and the color.
That's what I thought but this review kidda confused me. I honestly just skimmed through it. So perhaps its on me.

Mar 9, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #1,722 of 2,052
That's what I thought but this review kidda confused me. I honestly just skimmed through it. So perhaps its on me.
Don't worry, we've all been there. Sometimes, it can be quite easy to get lost in a wall of text.

Anyway, the highlighted line (in that review) should clarify things -

1615298823003.png

Mar 12, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #1,724 of 2,052
I want to try the Noire. might be nice for my slow travel coming up soon.

Where can I get a reasonable 4.4 cable made for these? the dummy cable is fine, they do not make in 4.4 termination.
I would recommend the Vivo cable, it's a little expensive but it's a good cable and it works properly. I have a mimic audio one I can sell to you PM me if interested.

Mar 12, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #1,725 of 2,052
I would recommend the Vivo cable, it's a little expensive but it's a good cable and it works properly. I have a mimic audio one I can sell to you PM me if interested.
Interested, another option would be to just get the dummer XLR cable, use my adapter for now, then get it reterminated later. my home amp is 1/4" so I would want that cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back