The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Nov 1, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #31 of 2,052
Website is down:

1 exception(s):
Exception #0 (Exception): Unable to proceed: the maintenance mode is enabled.

Exception #0 (Exception): Unable to proceed: the maintenance mode is enabled.
<pre>#1 Magento\Framework\App\Bootstrap->run(&Magento\Framework\App\Http\Interceptor#000000005860cd360000000072a848e1#) called at [index.php:39]
</pre>

Yes, we're doing some work right now, we were a few hours behind in rolling out the new site. Best laid plans and all that. Hoping we'll be one in 20-30 minutes. Minor updates will occur all day, as it's an all-new site on a new platform.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 1, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #32 of 2,052
1. If I'm reading that correctly, the A2C looks like it's efficient enough to be driven off of a phone. Am I misreading that? noise cancelling aside, this feels like it would be good on a trip. For anyone who has heard it, can they mention how the phone experience is?
2. More imporantly, if the MrSpeakers brand is dead, is Dan going to change his headfi user name? :)

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #33 of 2,052
Nice!

Like the name change as well. Never cottoned to the "speakers" reference.

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #34 of 2,052
Meanwhile, I am busy building an Open Alpha's! :L3000:

upload_2019-11-1_12-14-8.png
upload_2019-11-1_12-14-48.png

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #36 of 2,052
1. If I'm reading that correctly, the A2C looks like it's efficient enough to be driven off of a phone. Am I misreading that? noise cancelling aside, this feels like it would be good on a trip. For anyone who has heard it, can they mention how the phone experience is?
2. More imporantly, if the MrSpeakers brand is dead, is Dan going to change his headfi user name? :)

I find a phone or tablet with a decent output works fine for my purposes, but I seldom crank it loud so as to protect my hearing. So YMMV based on loudness...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #37 of 2,052
I always thought Mr Speakers is a bit of an unfortunate name. Good change, well done. Dan, you are one of the most genuine guys in this hobby and thanks for all your work. I love the aesthetics of your headphones but always preferred the competition sound-wise for personal taste. This might have changed with the new Aeon 2. I hope I'll have the chance to try them one day.

Nov 1, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #38 of 2,052
Site is now live. Thanks to those of you who've already placed orders! Some heaphones will be shipping today.

Nov 1, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #39 of 2,052
If what I've read so far is true, I'll trial the Aeon sound by getting the gen 1 open first used, then possibly the Aeon 2 Closed since Jude says that the Aeon 2 Closed sounds more open than the original Open!

Nov 1, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #41 of 2,052
Im loving the new design of the Aeon 2 but unfortunately im not really a fan of the colour scheme. I also would love a graphite or black option which has already been mentioned. Maybe a limited edition at some point in the future Dan?

I for one would be more than happy to pay a deposit up front like I did for the pre-order with the original Aeon closed. Just saying hint, hint

Why not repaint it yourself? DIY is allways fun. :)

Nov 1, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #42 of 2,052
Sorry, a little bit more delay, the shipping subsystem isn't generating quotes. Nothing like a new website to make your day exciting!

:triportsad:

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #43 of 2,052
I was considering getting aeons but I might get these new versions. Also love the color it's a throwback to the alpha prime which I previously owned.

Nov 1, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #44 of 2,052
I've been using the AFC at work for several months now with a Dragonfly Red -or- Cambridge DacMagic Plus and it's fantastic. Really love the sound signature and the detail, and the build quality is impressive. I'm gonna pull the trigger on these new ones sight unseen (sound unheard?).

Nov 1, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #45 of 2,052
I think we shipped all orders received before 4:30PM today, thanks to everyone who took the plunge! We hope you really enjoy them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back