1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 1, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
  1. Voxata
    Tempting, shame it's out of my price bracket!

2. Jwakeford
    God damn I just bought a pair of Z1R oh well... Maybe I'll catch these 2nd hand in a year or so.
    100% Repainting them though if I ever do.

3. jsmiller58
    There. You hear it, don’t you? Yeah, that was the sound of my wallet screaming. Now, how to explain to my wife one of these is an early Christmas present...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    bezae and mrspeakers like this.
  4. Empyah
    Hi Dan,

congratulations on the launch! It blindsided me totally - in a very good way!

The namechange makes sense and your name is a brand in on itself anyway so the transition should be painless, good choice.

My question is how does it compare to the Ether 2? I am using an AFO as my workphone and am considering to replace it with either of the two new ones.
    I "fear" it to be an Ether 2 for under 1k and can not wait to hear it and compare myself!

First we get the Schiit Bifrost 2 and now this! Good times! :)

MrPanda and mrspeakers like this.
  5. mrspeakers Contributor
    It sounds like a family member. ETHER 2 will still pull more detail and create a deeper soundstage and is at least an ounce lighter but the AEONs definitely win on price/performance (diminishing returns always apply as you get to TOTL).

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
    jawks, Vitaly2017, buonassi and 6 others like this.
  6. Miru
    Can't wait to see people's impressions on these. :) I didn't mind the old name but it does make sense that new comers could be confused by it.

7. DenverW
    Have AFC after demoing them at the mrspeakers office and adore them. These look great! Love the new design!
    If these are a step up in the same price range I would absolutely recommend them.

8. redrich2000
    I think Dan must have heard that I bought an Aeon Open last week and figured it was the perfect time to release the Aeon 2 :confounded:

cpurdy, buonassi and DenverW like this.
  9. Empyah
    Thats anything but bad - was listening to 70s rock today with someone (her onEther 2 > Wa22 > Gumby A2 and me on the HEK > V281 > Gumby A2) and did not like it, sounded to distant, tame and flat.
    Grabbed my AFO to save the evening and boy does it rock on that chain.
    I would suggest the Woo Audio WA7d as a dream combo with the AFO, more than powerful enough for it and injects that sweet holographic tube magic into them. :)

Cheers!

10. tcellguy
    Instabuy

jsmiller58 likes this.
  11. George Chronis
    Just purchased mine. After a Bifrost 2 on Monday. I thought about both soooo long and hard. :smile_phones:

bcowen, MrPanda and Empyah like this.
  12. m8o
    Dan hit it out of the park again. :) Congrats!

13. MacMan31
    I had both the now previous gen Aeon Flow (closed and open). The closed made me feel a bit claustrophobic but the open was okay. I wonder how these new ones would compare to the Focal Elex from Drop which I am currently wearing and listening to now. The Aeon was much lighter than the Elex from what I recall. The new Aeon is over $1,100 Canadian plus tax and shipping. Guess I should start saving my pennies. Oh wait Canada does not have the penny anymore. Guess I'll be saving my nickels then. :wink::laughing:

buonassi likes this.
  14. SCBob
    Does the 2 meter 1/4" VIVO cable fit inside the smaller case with the Aeon 2?

15. Dystasia
    @mrspeakers Hey Dan, can you comment on the differences between the AF1O vs AF2O? I love the AF1O with my Lyr 3 SO FREAKING MUCH and if the AF2O is an improvement I am seriously thinking of upgrading, but I would feel so bad to leave my friend AF1O behind, specially if AF2O is too much different. Also will there be trade-ins for the first generation headphones? I might consider upgrading if I could cut something. I got my AF1O on June this year so they are pretty much still very new and the feeling of not waiting a little bit more for these is a bummer.

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last