The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Jan 4, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #706 of 2,052
There's a big difference between when reviewers say something isn't good and whether people should or shouldn't enjoy products. ALWAYS use what you enjoy, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Worrying about that or putting yourself down is ridiculous. Life's too short, enjoy the music. I'm a ridiculously picky reviewer for the most part, but I'll never tell someone they can't enjoy a thing I didn't like.
Stop personally attacking me, geez.

Anyway. What's your favourite closed back in the higher end pricepoints.

Jan 4, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #709 of 2,052
Fair. Ignoring the stupidly expensive (they are both $3500AUD or more....), What then?

Not a while lot of options in closed backs.
That's exactly the problem, not enough good options. Haven't reviewed Elegia either yet. Right now I just use a K371 at the office and ignore most other options. It's just nice to have an affordable closed back with an FR that doesn't totally suck.

Jan 4, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #710 of 2,052
That's exactly the problem, not enough good options. Haven't reviewed Elegia either yet. Right now I just use a K371 at the office and ignore most other options. It's just nice to have an affordable closed back with an FR that doesn't totally suck.
Yeah, understand.

Aeon 2 not cheap down here, and I can't demo them. They are about the same price as Focal Clear and Sony Z1R among others.

I liked closed back, they are always suitable, and I don't have the luxury of multiple higher end cans at the moment. Buying blind is just annoying.

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #711 of 2,052
How does K371 compare to DT770? Personally, I would recommend DT770 for those looking for budget options. However, I had to get Shure pads to warm up the sound, and the treble wasn't bothersome. I prefer the 250 ohm, which would need stronger amping, but they also have 80 and 32 ohms, and I heard 32 ohms aren't as good as the other two. Other options are Argon MK3, and Meze 99 classic. If looking for practicality in commutes and other noisy environments, the obvious choices are ANC headphones like XM3 or Bose.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #712 of 2,052
Resolve's review is in with a strong recommendation for the portable, comfortable, isolating closed back use case. I only travel into the office 1 week every 6 - 8 weeks, but it seemed like the perfect travel companion and had great noise isolation for office use. I was thrilled with it on my last trip.

Jan 6, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #714 of 2,052
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 6, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #716 of 2,052
Hello guys,

Could someone please tell me which filter Black felt or one white notch has brighter sound? Thanks.

From brightest to warmest: No filter->foam->Black Felt->White Felt

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 8, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #717 of 2,052
Today I've received my A2C. I am driving it with my iBasso DX220 DAP AMP8

I wasn't a fan of the previous Aeon but I wanted give a try to the new one.

I've been listening to the A2C (no filters) for an hour and it is a disaster so far. The sound is horrible, everything sounds like 128 kbps mp3. The music is extremely unclear. I keep browsing my library but everything sounds unlistenable. Worse than the AFC1

I've tried several high-end headphones, I liked some and disliked some but never faced something like this.
I don't know if anything will get better after burn-in but I'm shocked so far.

20200109_014322 (1).jpg

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #718 of 2,052
Today I've received my A2C. I am driving it with my iBasso DX220 DAP AMP8

I wasn't a fan of the previous Aeon but I wanted give a try to the new one.

I've been listening to the A2C (no filters) for an hour and it is a disaster so far. The sound is horrible, everything sounds like 128 kbps mp3. The music is extremely unclear. I keep browsing my library but everything sounds unlistenable. Worse than the AFC1

I've tried several high-end headphones, I liked some and disliked some but never faced something like this.
I don't know if anything will get better after burn-in but I'm shocked so far

did you try them with another amp just to eliminate some kind of synergy issue there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back