The most overrated IEMs
Aug 14, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #151 of 199
Quote:
I must admit the JH's sounded better than the FX's. I still have the FX's and have a soft spot for them. I like to listen to them in bed, some late night jazz, perfect for that!

Yeah I kinda feel that way about the FX700. I really enjoy them at low volume listening but I'm fighting with myself on selling them off. I amp tempted to do so but at the same time worried that I'll miss them.... Problem is they aren't an IEM that I can stick in my ears and be happy with all the time. I have to be in the mood for it....

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #152 of 199
yeah, its the same for me but I love the looks of them and there is some music that I absolutely love with them. I find them perfect relaxing phones. I won't get rid of mine.

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #153 of 199
Quote:
yeah, its the same for me but I love the looks of them and there is some music that I absolutely love with them. I find them perfect relaxing phones. I won't get rid of mine.

I think the IE8/IE80s though take the cake for relaxing phones. I've been put to sleep by them before because they are so relaxing. Then again the FX700s do have some of that quality as well but you really gotta listen to them at low volume to get a similar effect. I think the main problem for me though is the cable. It drives me nuts Its just too short. If they just added an extra 6 inches to the wire it would be adequate. Using the extension cable actually degrades the sound IMO and that drives me nuts too lol.

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #154 of 199
I had the ie8's for a while and agree completely though in the end the bass was just too much for me!

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #155 of 199
Oh yes, you should try Keb Mo with the JVC's, I am listening at the moment and it sounds wonderful!

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #156 of 199
Quote:
I had the ie8's for a while and agree completely though in the end the bass was just too much for me!

Same here. The IE8s mid bass hump ruined it. But the IE80 redeems itself there. No more ridiculous mid bass hump overshadowing the mid range and treble. Its more detailed due to this as well. The sound stage is slightly smaller now but its better due to being a tad more intimate. The silver cable also brought further improvements and made them more balanced all around.

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #157 of 199
Now that is interesting, though I must admit my future budget for IEM's is now set for a pair of FAD Piano Forte IX's. I have become addicted to the sound of my heaven S's and really want to try the PF IX's!

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #158 of 199
Quote:
Now that is interesting, though I must admit my future budget for IEM's is now set for a pair of FAD Piano Forte IX's. I have become addicted to the sound of my heaven S's and really want to try the PF IX's!

I think my journey for IEMs is nearing its end (or at least I hope it is :p). With these Custom Hyrbid IEMs I am quite happy on that front. Although I did commit to purchasing the Heir 8As down the road. I'm not so sure if I will purchase any other IEMs after that. Although those IE800s do have my interest. I'd want to demo them first before rocking the boat. In that case I'd probably end up selling the IE80s and FX700s to fund them...

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #159 of 199
IE800's??? I have been away from the forums for a while, what are those?

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #160 of 199
Quote:
IE800's??? I have been away from the forums for a while, what are those?

They are Sennheiser's upcoming flagship IEM that will replace the IE80 (I think). They should be coming out later this year and they will be relatively expensive. Like around $800.00.

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #163 of 199
I'll make an official impressions thread if I'm allowed to create one at the time because it is going to be a prototype/pre-production model

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #164 of 199
Do you have or have you heard the IE8/IE80s? I'd love for you to make comparison in reference to those if possible. :).

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #165 of 199
Tried the IE80 and my co-hoster for the event will be bringing the IE80s as well I believe. I'm hoping for a more balanced sound without too much bass unlike the 8 and 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back